DAAD Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines 2022-2023

boogy

Hey everyone! I'm also applying for the Postgraduate studies in Architecture, but my status is still "paper copies received"... I was wondering, based on your past experiences or posts you've read, does the change to "selection made" basically mean that you have been accepted?

Best of luck to everyone! :)

Hello guys,

I am also an applicant for this year. The last communication I had was in December and my status still has not changed. I wonder how much more it's going to take until we know more. I think there are supposed to be interviews this year and stuff.

Good luck to all :)

12 hours ago, who_dis said:

Hey everyone! I'm also applying for the Postgraduate studies in Architecture, but my status is still "paper copies received"... I was wondering, based on your past experiences or posts you've read, does the change to "selection made" basically mean that you have been accepted?

Best of luck to everyone! :)

Hey!
The status "Selection made" is good, but unfortunately, it doesn't mean that you will be necessarily accepted. It is just a step. I had this status last year and after it, I was rejected ? Good luck though! 

11 minutes ago, Daria_Ts said:

Hey!
The status "Selection made" is good, but unfortunately, it doesn't mean that you will be necessarily accepted. It is just a step. I had this status last year and after it, I was rejected ? Good luck though! 

Hi! 
Do you know that if the status havent changed yet it means that the chances of getting accepted are lower? 

1 hour ago, mcbarch said:

Hi! 
Do you know that if the status havent changed yet it means that the chances of getting accepted are lower? 

Hey!

Honestly, don't worry so much about the status.

"Paper copies received" means your documentation is okay and after that the only statuses that matter are the final ones: "application rejected/ accepted". Based on past year, any other status changes are kind of inconsistent.

Also, when the results are finally avaiable you will receive an email (daad portal message) with the award/rejection letter.

Hi, all!

Just got an invitation for an interview. They said it will be done in the language of my MSc program, which is English in my case, but I'm a bit stressed out because I read on forums they like to conduct the interview in German anyway when one knows German. I have mentioned B2 level in German in my CV, also did an onSET test but I don't have any certification besides that.. I'd really prefer to present myself in English as speaking is not my strongest side in German. Does anyone have experiences from previous years?  

Cheers

13 hours ago, FlorenciaRGo said:

Hello everyone!

I just received the rejection letter, although I have been nominated as a reserve candidate. Anyone knows if there's still a chance? LOL. So sad.

Same here.

There may be chances.

Are you going to uphold your scholarship?

6 hours ago, Zubair 11 said:

Same here.

There may be chances.

Are you going to uphold your scholarship?

Ugh! The anxiety!! hahaha yeah I'm upholding it, how about you?

I'm making a guess and it seems that what could've went wrong is my choice for alternative masters. See I'm really interested mostly in my first option (which is in english) and the two others are in german (which I choose bc I needed to). I don't meet the language requirements so ???? it was a dumb move :( those programs were the ones that I would be more interested and I thought that I would level up for the application. But oh well.

Greetings everybody,

I'm applying to the Fine Arts bursary from Canada. Haven't heard anything since uploading my portfolio in January. This forum is super helpful and good to find people in the same situation. Hopefully, I will get an answer in March. The wait is killing me, coupled to a very boring full-time job, it makes it worse.

Best of luck everybody.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:13 PM, Not_Me said:

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have applied for DAAD Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines 2022-2023, and I am going to share my status, hope you do the same so we now what is going on with the process.

Deadline: 31/August/2021

Current Status: Application Submitted ( Never changed after I have applied)

Last Update: 23/November/2021, received a pdf file Acknowledgement of receipt, but even after I got this file my status has not changed! 

Edit 1: Content of the Acknowledgement of receipt:

Thank you for sending us your application for the above programme. Your application is complete and will be considered in the selection process. A funding decision will be made at the selection meeting in January/February 2022 on the basis of the submitted documents. We will inform you of the outcome as soon as possible after the meeting in writing. Please inform us immediately if you wish to withdraw your application. We wish you luck with the upcoming selection procedure.

Update:

Yesterday my status changed from Application Submitted to Selection made, additionally, the funding dates changed from the dates I entered in the application form to (Funding begin: 01.10.2022    | Funding end: 30.09.2024)

As I have read in this forum, Selection made doesn't mean that I'm accepted already, but it is the second to last stage, next status will be either Application rejected, or Funding.

20 hours ago, FlorenciaRGo said:

Ugh! The anxiety!! hahaha yeah I'm upholding it, how about you?

I'm making a guess and it seems that what could've went wrong is my choice for alternative masters. See I'm really interested mostly in my first option (which is in english) and the two others are in german (which I choose bc I needed to). I don't meet the language requirements so ???? it was a dumb move :( those programs were the ones that I would be more interested and I thought that I would level up for the application. But oh wel

I don't think that would be an issue.

One of my friends got rejected.they stated that they had to choose 20 out of 210 so, i would rather say it's all about luck in the final stages.

So fingers crossed ⚔️⚔️

3 hours ago, Not_Me said:

Update:

Yesterday my status changed from Application Submitted to Selection made, additionally, the funding dates changed from the dates I entered in the application form to (Funding begin: 01.10.2022    | Funding end: 30.09.2024)

As I have read in this forum, Selection made doesn't mean that I'm accepted already, but it is the second to last stage, next status will be either Application rejected, or Funding.

There is a change of dates with your application?! 

Based on what I've read, I would be surprised if you won't receive positive news!

Edited by carrot468

On 2/24/2022 at 12:56 PM, Not_Me said:

Update:

I am rooting for you, my friend. Last year, same thing happened for my friend and the result was "Funding". I hope it will be the case for you!

On 2/24/2022 at 2:56 AM, Not_Me said:

Update:

From which country have you applied? I applied from America and received the Acknowledgement of receipt, but they are not the committee isn't meeting until April.

Hello.
I have just been offered DAAD EPOS scholarship.
I have a 15 month old, during the application, in the column for number of children I filled 1. Though I'm currently pregnant and my EDD is 1st August.

Now for the scholarship, the mandatory language course is starting on 1st August and my course 1st October. Please how do I proceed?

Although, along the line I was asked to submit a statement regarding my plan on relocating with family if offered scholarship.
I replied that I intend coming alone during the language course to find accommodation before my family will join me.
I didn't mention the pregnancy for fear of it deterring my chances of getting the offer.

During the registration on DAAD portal there was no question about pregnancy so I didn't know how to mention it.

Contacting daad on the development are they going to withdraw the scholarship?
Please can anyone with experience advice me on the way forward.

Thank you

Hello, everyone!

It's been a while. This actually is my second attempt to get the ERP scholarship for economists (I got a rejection last year). But today the DAAD informed me that I was selected for this year. I can only wish all of you guys good luck. If your application was rejected these days, it doesn't mean you won't have a second chance.

On 2/28/2022 at 7:26 PM, fitto said:

From which country have you applied? I applied from America and received the Acknowledgement of receipt, but they are not the committee isn't meeting until April.

The Middle East, North Africa 

2 hours ago, Onyango Otoyo said:

Hi all,

Any updates from any applicant?

My status changed to selection made about three weeks ago, and since then nothing has changed.

I heard that some applicants got their rejection/acceptance today.

10 minutes ago, Not_Me said:

My status changed to selection made about three weeks ago, and since then nothing has changed.

I heard that some applicants got their rejection/acceptance today.

Thanks for this info. Mine also changed to selection made on Monday. Am still waiting for their final decision

Hi guys, I got a message in DAAD portal in an hour ago that i should confirm that I will be able to take part in the language study in Germany so that they can send me an official confirmation of the scholarship. Is there any other person who got this? How do we confirm, is it through the same portal messages or is there any official document needed?

6 minutes ago, Onyango Otoyo said:

Hi guys, I got a message in DAAD portal in an hour ago that i should confirm that I will be able to take part in the language study in Germany so that they can send me an official confirmation of the scholarship. Is there any other person who got this? How do we confirm, is it through the same portal messages or is there any official document needed?

Congratulations! :) So the language course is not going to be online anymore? ?