2022 Ford Fellowships

fauna876

1 minute ago, cellbiogal said:

Perhaps I was too optimistic, but I was hoping results would’ve started rolling in this morning. Maybe tomorrow morning?

Same. If it was today, someone somewhere would have heard back. Twitter is quiet as well!

I applied for the dissertation fellowship and was placed as an alternate. The review portal said that 36 fellowships were awarded out of 534 applicants. In case anyone knows any stats from the past, how long is the alternate list for the dissertation fellowship typically and what is the success rate? 

6 minutes ago, cellbiogal said:

Just got results for pre-doc! Got honorable mention again. Had favorable reviews but there were 1886 applicants for 75 awards, so I’m sure there were tons of great applicants this year!

amazing!! congrats!! still haven't heard on my end

I just got my results for pre-doctoral fellowship. I got an Honorable Mention!!!! I'm a second year grad student with no publications, and average undergrad grades(3.5). Plus while I do go to an Ivy, it isn't Stanford/MIT/Harvard/Columbia/Princeton/Yale, so I knew I wouldn't get the award. But I do a lot of academic outreach, especially geared towards minorities, that I figured I had a good shot at Honorable Mention. Still in shock that I actually got it!

Just now, DiseaseChiroptologist said:

I am still patiently awaiting my pre-doc results! I keep refreshing my email! I'm not very hopeful, but you never know. I haven't seen a single person say they have been awarded yet here or on twitter! Crazy! 

me too oh my god i keep refreshing and i cannot focus