2022 Ford Fellowships

fauna876

Kicking off this thread for this years round. Good luck everyone!

First question: For those who have applied before, do you know if Ford will take any recent updates on awards? I recently got a teaching award and don't know if they'll accept an update. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Based on my sleuthing last year the review was March 11th (ish), website updated to "Review results will be available one to two weeks after the review" on March 17th, and people heard back on March 22nd.

This year the review was March 9th (ish), website updated to "Review results will be available one to two weeks after the review" on March 15th. Therefore my guess is that we may hear back on Monday March 21st or Tuesday March 22nd.

Is anyone able to log on to their portal? I just logged on right now to check (I know... the anxiety, haha) and I get an error message that I'm unable to view my application portal. Anyone else? 

Edit: Never mind! It was just a problem on my end. I tried logging in again and the problem was fixed. ;) 

Edited by cafesinleche4

On 3/15/2022 at 9:14 AM, blinky said:

No problem!

By the way, when I checked the application system today, I got this message "Review results will be available one to two weeks after the review."

My portal doesn't have this message. I applied for the predoc. Nothing has changed with my portal

1 hour ago, CeXra said:

My portal doesn't have this message. I applied for the predoc. Nothing has changed with my portal

The message should show if you log in and click on "Review Result" under the "Applications" tab.

3 minutes ago, soupnazi said:

Anyone else's work suffering because your brain is preoccupied with the looming Ford/NSF results? Just me? Coolcoolcool.

And Yes! I really would like this fellowship... My last try to do it and I really hope it works out lol... 

Crazy thing is, I forgot about it for a bit and it recently came into mind last week, and I guess it is because we are in March and the results will be out by the end of the month! I am really praying for the best.

2 hours ago, cafesinleche4 said:

Does anyone know if results have always been posted in the morning? I wonder if we don't hear back by a given morning, we won't expect to hear back at all that day. It seems like they have a tendency to release in the morning! 

NSF Was posted a little before midnight (EST) in 2020. I don't recall Ford... Sorry. But I think probably in the afternoon if I am not mistaken, and this was in 2020... perhaps you can look through last year's thread and see when the first post about awards was made... I am sure it will give you a better sense in time.

Edited by CeXra