Audiology Applicants for Fall 2022 Thread

jp19

Hi, I saw a thread from audiology applicants in 2020 and thought it was such an awesome way to meet others that are in the same nail biting position as I am. Knowing I'm not alone in this process seems like a good way to ease the nerves and anticipation between waiting for interviews/acceptance letters from the schools I applied to! (if there is already a similar thread for this lmk, i'd love to be a part of it!) 

I applied to Grand Valley State University (interviewing in 2 days!!), Pacific University (interviewing on 2/15), Salus University (interviewing on 3/27), Indiana University, A.T. Still University & Bloomsburg University (still waiting). 

Looking forward to hearing from others!! :)

Hi! Thank you so much for making this thread!

I applied to University of the Pacific (interviewed 2/2) , San Jose State University, California State University Los Angeles (interviewed 2/7), California State University Northridge, and San Diego State University

I heard University of the Pacific and California State University Los Angeles decisions start coming out next week, can't wait!

4 minutes ago, allenmus said:

I applied to University of the Pacific (interviewed 2/2) , San Jose State University, California State University Los Angeles (interviewed 2/7), California State University Northridge, and San Diego State University

I heard University of the Pacific and California State University Los Angeles decisions start coming out next week, can't wait!

Good luck!! :)

Also, omg can't tell you how happy I am that someone replied to this thread!! lol 

43 minutes ago, sed1216 said:

Hello! I applied to UF, USF, PITT, Towson, WVU, Pacific, University of Tennessee and Salus. So far I’ve heard about interviews from Towson, WVU and Pacific. 

Awesome! Good luck! :) 

I also applied to Salus and got an interview invite about 2-3 weeks ago. They had a lot of interview dates all the way into May, and the earliest date available when I got the invite wasn't until the end of march. Hope you hear from them soon!!

I also have an interview with Pacific on the 18th! Which interview day did you pick?

Edited by jennap

24 minutes ago, jennap said:

Awesome! Good luck! :) 

I also applied to Salus and got an interview invite about 2-3 weeks ago. They had a lot of interview dates all the way into May, and the earliest date available when I got the invite wasn't until the end of march. Hope you hear from them soon!!

I also have an interview with Pacific on the 18th! Which interview day did you pick?

Thank you! Good luck to you as well!  I picked 2/26 for Pacific. 

Hey!

i actually applied last year and got into a few schools. Ultimately I chose Indiana but I couldn’t afford to attend last year because I’m coming from Canada and the exchange rate is insane so I had to defer. Anyways, I figured it out financially and I’ll be starting at IU in August! If anyone has questions about the process let me know! Definitely a stressful wait! Good luck, let me know if you’re applying to IU :)

On 2/14/2022 at 7:44 PM, Body_AuD_AuD said:

Hey!

i actually applied last year and got into a few schools. Ultimately I chose Indiana but I couldn’t afford to attend last year because I’m coming from Canada and the exchange rate is insane so I had to defer. Anyways, I figured it out financially and I’ll be starting at IU in August! If anyone has questions about the process let me know! Definitely a stressful wait! Good luck, let me know if you’re applying to IU :)

I applied to IU as well! Just waiting to hear back from them (fingers crossed!) I tried to email them to ask if there was an interview process but no one got back to me. What was the process like for you? Was there an interview or did you just get a letter of acceptance? 

Just now, jennap said:

I applied to IU as well! Just waiting to hear back from them (fingers crossed!) I tried to email them to ask if there was an interview process but no one got back to me. What was the process like for you? Was there an interview or did you just get a letter of acceptance? 

There was no interview process! I found out the first week of march via E-mail :) good luck!!!! 

Hi everyone! Im in my gap year, I graduated May 2021 and applied last cycle to out of state schools and only got into Towson. Out of state tuition was insane so I declined the offer. This 2022 cycle I applied to all Texas schools:

- Texas Tech Uni (interview 2/17)

- Uni of North Texas (interviewed in Dec 2021, got accepted 2/14)

- University of Texas in Dallas (interview 3/2)

- Lamar University (2/25)

- University of Texas in Austin (haven't heard anything back)

anyone heard anything from UT Austin?

Hi! Glad someone made this thread.  Current 4th year communication sciences and disorders student. 

I applied to: 

Western Washington University (Accepted and given academic scholarship 2/11)

Salus University (Interview scheduled for late March)

A.T Still University (Haven't heard back yet)

Idaho State University (Haven't heard back yet)

Edited by DavieH

Hello! I'm so glad you started this thread! I applied to UT Austin, UT Dallas, TTUHSC, UNT, USF, U of Arizona, and Vanderbilt. 

I have been accepted to UNT after an interview and attending their recruitment day. I was offered an interview for TTUHSC, but I turned it down. Still waiting to hear back from all other programs. I'm expecting rejection from from UT Austin and Dallas! ? 

On 2/7/2022 at 6:11 PM, allenmus said:

Hi, I also applied to San Jose State and SDSU. Have you heard back from any of them?

On 2/7/2022 at 6:11 PM, allenmus said:

Did you apply to CSUSacramento?

On 2/16/2022 at 6:52 PM, AuDBallErudite said:

Hello all this is my 4th time applying (i graduated undergrad-non csd in 2018 heh) hoping this is the year a program says yes! 

Applied: Salus, Bloomberg, LSU, & ATSU

Interview: Montclair - 2/18, Pacific - 2/26

Hi! Not sure if you mind me asking but for it to be your 4th year applying have you reached out to any program directors and ask them if your application is strong enough and maybe they can help you achieve what your missing in your application? 

4 minutes ago, mAuDvelous bAuDerfly said:

Hi, I also applied to San Jose State and SDSU. Have you heard back from any of them?

I know i am not the person you are quoting but I applied to SDSU the last 3 times I applied to AuD programs, they usually send out admissions offers around early march

1 minute ago, mAuDvelous bAuDerfly said:

Hi! Not sure if you mind me asking but for it to be your 4th year applying have you reached out to any program directors and ask them if your application is strong enough and maybe they can help you achieve what your missing in your application? 

I dont mind, I have done that to programs that will offer to do so, the problem is there being large applicant pools but small amount of spots available from the schools I applied to and my horrible non-csd undergrad gpa I graduated with a degree in math, if i could turn back time I would have transferred out and switched to CSD-major.  There is not really much missing since I have taken CSD courses (and done very well to the point I brought my GPA up to above a 3.0) and interviewed multiple audiologists (shadowing not an option due to covid and where I live there is no audiologist who would let me shadow them) all I can do is hope fate is on my side this year. 

49 minutes ago, AuDBallErudite said:

I dont mind, I have done that to programs that will offer to do so, the problem is there being large applicant pools but small amount of spots available from the schools I applied to and my horrible non-csd undergrad gpa I graduated with a degree in math, if i could turn back time I would have transferred out and switched to CSD-major.  There is not really much missing since I have taken CSD courses (and done very well to the point I brought my GPA up to above a 3.0) and interviewed multiple audiologists (shadowing not an option due to covid and where I live there is no audiologist who would let me shadow them) all I can do is hope fate is on my side this year. 

I know a few people that did a second bachelors in CSD, applied and got accepted. If you took the CSD courses online it will be difficult to get accepted. I’m only quoting from which my undergrad professors had told a few incoming students in CSD. 

1 hour ago, AuDBallErudite said:

Have you looked into this website? https://find.asha.org/ed/#sort=relevancy  You are able to see how many applicants applied to each program last year. It looks like CSU Sacramento had 28 applicants and they accepted 18. 

2 hours ago, mAuDvelous bAuDerfly said:

I know a few people that did a second bachelors in CSD, applied and got accepted. If you took the CSD courses online it will be difficult to get accepted. I’m only quoting from which my undergrad professors had told a few incoming students in CSD. 

Yeah I thought about doing a 2nd bachelors but I decided to take accelerated online classes through SDSU.

1 hour ago, mAuDvelous bAuDerfly said:

Have you looked into this website? https://find.asha.org/ed/#sort=relevancy  You are able to see how many applicants applied to each program last year. It looks like CSU Sacramento had 28 applicants and they accepted 18. 

Yeah I have that is what I loosely (i made an entire spreadsheet) based my plan this time on plus 2 schools who did not fill their cohort last cycle. CSU Sacramento requires (i think) a CSD degree and a letter of rec from an audiologist which I dont have since I never could shadow an audiologist and my audiology professors I did not have a real strong enough connection with to have a strong letter of rec.

Edited by AuDBallErudite

5 hours ago, mAuDvelous bAuDerfly said:

I haven't heard back from SJSU and SDSU yet but SDSU did send out an email a few days ago to expect decisions shortly after March 3rd. Good luck!

5 hours ago, mAuDvelous bAuDerfly said:

Did you apply to CSUSacramento?

No I didn't apply to CSU Sacramento