Audiology Applicants for Fall 2022 Thread

jp19

On 3/10/2022 at 11:04 PM, studyabraud said:

Hi everyone, just found this thread a couple days ago! See below for where I am in the process...I went a bit overboard cause I thought I might not get in anywhere lol now I have no idea what to do

WOW congrats on all those acceptances!! Definitely gonna be tough to narrow it down, they're all really good programs! Good luck, keep us updated when you make a decision! :) 

Hey!

Just wondering if anybody has committed to IU or is considering it! Would love to get in touch. Just visited the department this past week and I’m very excited!!

Congrats to everyone on your acceptance and waitlist decisions!

Edited by Body_AuD_AuD

11 hours ago, jp19 said:

WOW congrats on all those acceptances!! Definitely gonna be tough to narrow it down, they're all really good programs! Good luck, keep us updated when you make a decision! :) 

Thank you! Officially declined Gallaudet and Pitt, hopefully that helps some people!

hi everyone! i'm about 99.99999% sure i'll be attending ut austin in the fall and im trying to find others who are planning on attending as well. if that's you, shoot me a dm ?

congrats to everyone on their acceptances & best of luck to those waiting to hear about their dream programs!!

On 3/14/2022 at 7:10 PM, Body_AuD_AuD said:

Hey!

Just wondering if anybody has committed to IU or is considering it! Would love to get in touch. Just visited the department this past week and I’m very excited!!

Congrats to everyone on your acceptance and waitlist decisions!

I am a newbie to the forum, and really love to see more information exchange here (appreciate all!). I am admitted to NOAC, CUNY, UF and Bloomsburg, and am still anxiously waiting for IU, which is my first choice. I only see one person reporting "waitlisted" for IU on the self-reporting page on GradCafe. I read from other posts from OP that (s)he was admitted last year, but deferred for one year. Is there anyone admitted to IU this year? Thanks!

1 minute ago, AUDnewbie said:

I am a newbie to the forum, and really love to see more information exchange here (appreciate all!). I am admitted to NOAC, CUNY, UF and Bloomsburg, and am still anxiously waiting for IU, which is my first choice. I only see one person reporting "waitlisted" for IU on the self-reporting page on GradCafe. I read from other posts from OP that (s)he was admitted last year, but deferred for one year. Is there anyone admitted to IU this year? Thanks!

I was accepted last year and have accepted by deferred offer for this year :) I’m not sure how many spots were offered or who has committed yet. But I believe the deadline is coming up soon in April so people will likely be coming off the waitlist soon if people decline. You have some great offers if not IU! But good luck, keep us posted!

On 3/1/2022 at 2:27 AM, marAuDer said:

Hello!!

Such an exciting (and stressful) time for everyone! I hope everyone gets into the programs that they're hoping for!

I applied last year (for Fall 2021) to Vanderbilt and Montclair and was accepted by both, but ultimately had to defer Montclair and reject Vanderbilt because I was finishing my Master's degree. 

I applied to CUNY and UMD this year. I interviewed with CUNY on the 16th of February and received an acceptance letter from CUNY on the 24th! I haven't heard anything from UMD yet, but CUNY was definitely the program I wanted to join bc nyc and many other things lol

As of two hours ago, I decided to officially join the CUNY Class of 2026! (please say hi if you also are going to cuny tyy LOL)

Good luck to everyone on interviews and hearing back from programs!! ?

Hi! I am between CUNY and one other school :) are there any groups with CUNY's accepted students? 

43 minutes ago, AuDGrad2022girl said:

Hi! I am between CUNY and one other school :) are there any groups with CUNY's accepted students? 

Hey!! 

Unfortunately, there haven't been any groups with CUNY's accepted students just yet (at least that I know of - I'll go check and report back haha). We had two Zoom sessions - one with current students and one with two of the professors - just answering general questions and helping some of those still deciding to get a better idea of the program! 

I'm so desperate to find out who else accepted and will be in the Fall 2022 cohort for CUNY! Feel free to message me if you wanna chat! :) 

1 hour ago, marAuDer said:

Hey!! 

Unfortunately, there haven't been any groups with CUNY's accepted students just yet (at least that I know of - I'll go check and report back haha). We had two Zoom sessions - one with current students and one with two of the professors - just answering general questions and helping some of those still deciding to get a better idea of the program! 

I'm so desperate to find out who else accepted and will be in the Fall 2022 cohort for CUNY! Feel free to message me if you wanna chat! :) 

I just declined CUNY yesterday but I attended both Zoom sessions so we must have met there :). I saved the chat history from the first meeting so I still remember a few people's names (only those who typed), but not sure who is attending and who is decling. Not sure if it's a good idea with LinkedIn cold calls, but I can PM you to help you find some of the folks who also attended the meeting.

I'm still waiting to hear back from CUNY lol I've checked my application many times and the status has not changed, nor have I heard from anyone from the school, but I was really hoping to hear from them. Think I should email someone?

10 hours ago, studyabraud said:

I'm still waiting to hear back from CUNY lol I've checked my application many times and the status has not changed, nor have I heard from anyone from the school, but I was really hoping to hear from them. Think I should email someone?

CUNY probably has an internal waitlist that is not released to the applicants (this is what I guessed because I never see anyone posting "CUNY waitlisted" on the self-report page on GradCafe, since I almost check it everyday since late Feb. But it could also be that waitlisted people just didn't post them here). The professors sent several emails to accepted students that if you decided not to attend, please let them know sooner than later, so that students on waitlist can be accepted, too. So at this time, it is really up to the other accepted students' decisions. I declined yesterday and saw an acceptance post on the self-reporting page on the same day, so the school admission itself is very efficient (which means they are not a department that forgets anyone). Hope this helps you.

8 minutes ago, AUDnewbie said:

CUNY probably has an internal waitlist that is not released to the applicants (this is what I guessed because I never see anyone posting "CUNY waitlisted" on the self-report page on GradCafe, since I almost check it everyday since late Feb. But it could also be that waitlisted people just didn't post them here). The professors sent several emails to accepted students that if you decided not to attend, please let them know sooner than later, so that students on waitlist can be accepted, too. So at this time, it is really up to the other accepted students' decisions. I declined yesterday and saw an acceptance post on the self-reporting page on the same day, so the school admission itself is very efficient (which means they are not a department that forgets anyone). Hope this helps you.

Yeah I was starting to get the feeling that I was waitlisted and they'd just get back to me later. Thank you for the context!

On 3/15/2022 at 10:30 PM, Body_AuD_AuD said:

I was accepted last year and have accepted by deferred offer for this year :) I’m not sure how many spots were offered or who has committed yet. But I believe the deadline is coming up soon in April so people will likely be coming off the waitlist soon if people decline. You have some great offers if not IU! But good luck, keep us posted!

What makes IU your top choice Body_AuD_AuD other than 3 years? I do not have a CSD background so just wonder what are the factors you are considering. Thank you!

Edited by AUDnewbie
Previous inappropriate

2 hours ago, AUDnewbie said:

What makes IU your top choice Body_AuD_AuD other than 3 years? I do not have a CSD background so just wonder what are the factors you are considering. Thank you!

The class sizes are really small. I think this past cohort only had like 9/10 people. They also just built a brand new hospital and health science building in Bloomington which is where we get to take all of our classes. Everything brand new and we share the building with nursing, med, and  SLP so it’s all grad students in this building. IU also doesn’t do a capstone in their program so instead we get lots of hands-on clinical hours. It’s just a great program and everyone is so kind and ready to help. The cohort ahead of us is really great and we get to take some classes with them. It’s also close-ish to home. I’m from Toronto so as an international student it helps that it’s not too far!

On 3/17/2022 at 11:02 PM, AuDGrad2022girl said:

Hi I’m also torn between CUNY and one other school (Montclair). Which other one are you considering? 

Hi all-

I just found this thread & thought it would be cool to respond!

I was accepted to NSU in February and was waitlisted at USF. USF is my first choice so I'm really hoping to be accepted. I have been in contact with the program director for a few weeks, but if you do not plan on accepting, please make sure to let them know soon! 

Hey guys! So today I officially accepted my offer from A.T. Still University!! :) 

If anyone else here has already accepted or is planning to accept their offer to ATSU, please reach out!! Would love to get a facebook group or group chat started (if there isn't one already)!!  

Superrrrr excited for this new journey to begin!! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 1:03 PM, jp19 said:

Hey guys! So today I officially accepted my offer from A.T. Still University!! :) 

If anyone else here has already accepted or is planning to accept their offer to ATSU, please reach out!! Would love to get a facebook group or group chat started (if there isn't one already)!!  

Superrrrr excited for this new journey to begin!! :) 

Hey! I also have accepted my admission to A.T. Still University! I would love to start a facebook groups as well, do you know any other students admitted? 

On 4/16/2022 at 12:08 AM, Lauren Hawkes said:

Hey! I also have accepted my admission to A.T. Still University! I would love to start a facebook groups as well, do you know any other students admitted? 

Awesome!! I don't know anyone else who accepted their offer to ATSU yet.. but I did see a fb page that Tori started, nobody else joined it yet tho, so i've just been waiting to see if anyone else joins it first lol.