Audiology Applicants for Fall 2022 Thread

jp19

5 hours ago, AuDBallErudite said:

Yeah I thought about doing a 2nd bachelors but I decided to take accelerated online classes through SDSU.

Yeah I have that is what I loosely (i made an entire spreadsheet) based my plan this time on plus 2 schools who did not fill their cohort last cycle. CSU Sacramento requires (i think) a CSD degree and a letter of rec from an audiologist which I dont have since I never could shadow an audiologist and my audiology professors I did not have a real strong enough connection with to have a strong letter of rec.

Sorry to hear that. All you can do is pray to your deity that fate is on your side. Good Luck ??

On 2/18/2022 at 6:43 PM, DavieH said:

Hi! Glad someone made this thread.  Current 4th year communication sciences and disorders student. 

I applied to: 

Western Washington University (Accepted and given academic scholarship 2/11)

Salus University (Interview scheduled for late March)

A.T Still University (Haven't heard back yet)

Idaho State University (Haven't heard back yet)

Congrats on getting accepted!! :) 

I also applied to Salus with an interview in late march and I'm waiting to hear back from ATSU too. I called the admissions chair a few months back to ask some questions about the program, and she said they usually don't send out interview invites until late feb/early march and their acceptance letters go out late march. 

2 hours ago, jennap said:

Congrats on getting accepted!! :) 

I also applied to Salus with an interview in late march and I'm waiting to hear back from ATSU too. I called the admissions chair a few months back to ask some questions about the program, and she said they usually don't send out interview invites until late feb/early march and their acceptance letters go out late march. 

Checked my ATSU portal and it gave me the option to schedule an interview, haven't received an official email saying I've been selected for interviews though. I know they've been having technical issues with their portal 

On 2/22/2022 at 3:48 PM, DavieH said:

Checked my ATSU portal and it gave me the option to schedule an interview, haven't received an official email saying I've been selected for interviews though. I know they've been having technical issues with their portal 

I sent an email to admissions to see if there are any updates on when we can expect to hear back from them about interviews. I know they said initial decision letters go out in mid march, so I would assume interviews are going to be held soon?? I also noticed in CSDCAS that the application deadline was extended until 2/28, maybe that's why there is a delay in scheduling interviews? Not sure, but I have my fingers crossed for both of us :) I'll keep you updated if they get back to me with any new info!

50 minutes ago, jp19 said:

I sent an email to admissions to see if there are any updates on when we can expect to hear back from them about interviews. I know they said initial decision letters go out in mid march, so I would assume interviews are going to be held soon?? I also noticed in CSDCAS that the application deadline was extended until 2/28, maybe that's why there is a delay in scheduling interviews? Not sure, but I have my fingers crossed for both of us :) I'll keep you updated if they get back to me with any new info!

When I submitted my application I got an email that said 

interviews for the 2022-23 academic year will be held on the following days:

• Friday March 11, 2022
  • Tuesday March 22, 2022
  • Thursday March 24, 2022

unless they changed plans cause I checked the portal and did not find any link to schedule

27 minutes ago, AuDBallErudite said:

When I submitted my application I got an email that said 

interviews for the 2022-23 academic year will be held on the following days:

• Friday March 11, 2022
  • Tuesday March 22, 2022
  • Thursday March 24, 2022

unless they changed plans cause I checked the portal and did not find any link to schedule

I find it a little strange that we are not all receiving the same information via email. When I submitted my application I also received an email to say I would be updated when they decide on interview dates and whether or not they will be in-person or via zoom. But that was back in late November. I never received another email from ATSU after that, but I did have a conversation with the admissions chair regarding general program information. 

I also checked the portal and didn't see a link either, however in the email for the portal link it did say there was not going to be any additional information other than the application completion status. 

2 minutes ago, jp19 said:

I find it a little strange that we are not all receiving the same information via email. When I submitted my application I also received an email to say I would be updated when they decide on interview dates and whether or not they will be in-person or via zoom. But that was back in late November. I never received another email from ATSU after that, but I did have a conversation with the admissions chair regarding general program information. 

I also checked the portal and didn't see a link either, however in the email for the portal link it did say there was not going to be any additional information other than the application completion status. 

Yeah that is weird, cause I submitted mine in February towards the initial deadline of 2/15 so maybe that is why we have different information because mine said interviews are being done on-campus and offers are being made at the end of march. 

Hi! Has anyone hear anything from Utah State? I had an interview last week and was hoping to hear back about decisions some time this week!

I also was suppose to get an email from NOAC to schedule my interview since I wasn't able to go to their visitation day last week. Has anyone received an email from them this week regarding interviews?

Edited by ma19

23 hours ago, AuDBallErudite said:

Yeah that is weird, cause I submitted mine in February towards the initial deadline of 2/15 so maybe that is why we have different information because mine said interviews are being done on-campus and offers are being made at the end of march. 

I got my official email saying I was invited for interviews, on the ATSU portal it gives me an interview tab now, there are only two interview days as options: 3/11 and 3/22. It says that the interviews will be conducted in person as well. I don't think I'll be interviewing though, not sure if their program is for me. Hope you hear good news soon!

3 hours ago, DavieH said:

I got my official email saying I was invited for interviews, on the ATSU portal it gives me an interview tab now, there are only two interview days as options: 3/11 and 3/22. It says that the interviews will be conducted in person as well. I don't think I'll be interviewing though, not sure if their program is for me. Hope you hear good news soon!

When did you receive the email? My portal is still blank. 

22 hours ago, ma19 said:

When did you receive the email? My portal is still blank. 

I reached out to the audiology administrative assistant at ATSU, and she said that they are a little behind on sending emails out since they extended their application deadline on CSDCAS. Anyone who has not heard back yet probably will soon. I've got my fingers crossed for us! :) 

Hello!!

Such an exciting (and stressful) time for everyone! I hope everyone gets into the programs that they're hoping for!

I applied last year (for Fall 2021) to Vanderbilt and Montclair and was accepted by both, but ultimately had to defer Montclair and reject Vanderbilt because I was finishing my Master's degree. 

I applied to CUNY and UMD this year. I interviewed with CUNY on the 16th of February and received an acceptance letter from CUNY on the 24th! I haven't heard anything from UMD yet, but CUNY was definitely the program I wanted to join bc nyc and many other things lol

As of two hours ago, I decided to officially join the CUNY Class of 2026! (please say hi if you also are going to cuny tyy LOL)

Good luck to everyone on interviews and hearing back from programs!! ?

On 3/2/2022 at 1:45 PM, ma19 said:

Has anyone heard any new updates from A. T. Still or Utah State?

Nope, still nothing from A.T. Still :( starting to get super nerve wracking!!

I sent an email last week to see if I could get an update. They said my application was reviewed and I would hear back 'soon' (I applied in late November). They said they are behind in sending emails out since they extended the application due date. 

Edited by jp19

On 3/3/2022 at 11:17 AM, jp19 said:

Nope, still nothing from A.T. Still :( starting to get super nerve wracking!!

I sent an email last week to see if I could get an update. They said my application was reviewed and I would hear back 'soon' (I applied in late November). They said they are behind in sending emails out since they extended the application due date. 

check your email if you havent. I just got an invite to interview from ATSU

2 hours ago, AuDBallErudite said:

check your email if you havent. I just got an invite to interview from ATSU

same here! :) did you choose a day yet? I picked the 24th

Edited by jp19

On 3/7/2022 at 3:39 PM, AuDBallErudite said:

Pacific University decision came... Waitlisted again tier 2 again. Hoping the outcome is different this time. 

Yeah, pacific is a tough one. I was Waitlisted last year on tier 1 and never got off. It’s different every year though. There are years where they go through tier 2. Good luck!!!!

On 3/7/2022 at 3:39 PM, AuDBallErudite said:

Pacific University decision came... Waitlisted again tier 2 again. Hoping the outcome is different this time. 

Aw man! Good luck, I hope they make it to the tier 2 waitlist!!

I got a decision from Pacific that I didn't even know existed lol... They put me (and 4 others) on a "Space Available Acceptance List". Which basically means I was accepted but not 100% for this Fall 2022. As the 'officially' accepted applicants give back their decisions, assuming not everyone will choose Pacific, if a seat opens for this fall then I am in. If not, then I'm guaranteed a seat for next Fall 2023. A little bittersweet situation lol

Hopefully if enough people deny their acceptances they can offer me a seat this year and make it down their 3 waitlists too!! :) 

Hi everyone, just found this thread a couple days ago! See below for where I am in the process...I went a bit overboard cause I thought I might not get in anywhere lol now I have no idea what to do

Edited by studyabraud