PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

Hi guys - May I ask if anyone got any updates on UCLA's funding? I received their offer over a month and still no updates in funding, and saw some latest offers in gradcafe commenting the committee is still in the process of figuring out the funding. I emailed the committee but no reply. Is anyone on the same page? I almost got scared if I was being excluded from funding consideration T T

1 hour ago, AnxiousKronk said:

JHU DrPH is still under review after an entire day of checking the portal -- applied to implementation science (did anyone get a response?).

if i was rejected why cant they post this immediately rather than make us all wait for nothing? but congrats to all admitted to JHU! Well deserved achievement :)

I have called JHSPH admission office and was told all the decisions will be released by end of tomorrow (accept, waitlist, reject). Hope there is still an chance for "Under Review".

1 minute ago, PublicHealthAddOil said:

I have called JHSPH admission office and was told all the decisions will be released by end of tomorrow (accept, waitlist, reject). Hope there is still an chance for "Under Review".

OMG! you just gave me hope!!

i have already made amends that i was rejected but now i hope for an acceptance!!

Good luck to all of us still "under review".

4 hours ago, PublicHealthAddOil said:

Ohhhhh thank you a lot for calling them! Hope all the decisions include those for international health human nutrition program. I interviewed on January and they said applicants would heard back on Feb but it is March now and my portal still shows application under review....I emailed them but no reply. It makes me so anxious!

17 hours ago, MellyPlinis said:

Hi guys - May I ask if anyone got any updates on UCLA's funding? I received their offer over a month and still no updates in funding, and saw some latest offers in gradcafe commenting the committee is still in the process of figuring out the funding. I emailed the committee but no reply. Is anyone on the same page? I almost got scared if I was being excluded from funding consideration T T

hi, same boat. i got an email from my program chair this week and she said the PAL will be released by March 7, and the DGE fellowships statuses will be released late March. i would reach out to the program chair, i got a response to my Qs within a day. the professors probably don't know whats going on with funding unless they told you they'd support you with their grant.

Has anyone got acceptance from JHU SBS PhD? I just saw too many DrPH today. Maybe their PhD seats are so limited? especially for SBS. I just got a referral to master. I guess that is because I have no working experience.

13 hours ago, Yuanfei said:

Has anyone got acceptance from JHU SBS PhD? I just saw too many DrPH today. Maybe their PhD seats are so limited? especially for SBS. I just got a referral to master. I guess that is because I have no working experience.

If you don't mind, could you please let me know when they contact you for the master referral? 

On 7/28/2022 at 4:15 PM, PH2022 said:

I will be starting my DrPH in Global Health Leadership this fall at Indiana University and would be happy to answer questions about that process if anyone is applying there. I also tanked a DrPH interview at UNC and can tell you what not to do for that, ha ha! Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

Congratulations! Do you know if they are still reviewing applications for Indiana DrPH? Considering their deadline is pretty late? 

15 minutes ago, DSB said:

Congratulations! Do you know if they are still reviewing applications for Indiana DrPH? Considering their deadline is pretty late? 

@DSB I was contacted for an interview 3 weeks ago (to be scheduled and conducted by today) but haven't heard back since despite numerous follow ups!

On 3/2/2023 at 10:46 AM, spiralingepi said:

hi, same boat. i got an email from my program chair this week and she said the PAL will be released by March 7, and the DGE fellowships statuses will be released late March. i would reach out to the program chair, i got a response to my Qs within a day. the professors probably don't know whats going on with funding unless they told you they'd support you with their grant.

Oh my, so sorry I didn't see this until now. Thank you so much this is super helpful!! Fingers crossed for our funding!!  <333

Has anyone heard from the UNC health behavior track, the UCLA community health science track, and the USC health behaviors track?

I'm literally losing my mind right now not learning any information from them...

32 minutes ago, impressiontall said:

Has anyone heard from NYU SBS PhD or GWU SBS PhD yet?? I interviewed over a month ago and I'm freaking out 

hey, also waiting to hear back from NYU SBS PhD. it looks like some offers have gone out, but they're still making decisions... 

Just now, olivecords said:

hey, also waiting to hear back from NYU SBS PhD. it looks like some offers have gone out, but they're still making decisions... 

I have no hope :(  ugh i interviewed at 3 schools this cycle but it looks like waitlist/reject from all of them