PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

5 hours ago, MaxPlanck said:

I'm sorry about that. But congrats on getting the invite! I heard that once you're invited, an acceptance is pretty much guaranteed.

The BU epi dept usually interviews 15-20 people for 3-5 spots ? 

Edited by bmore_epi

13 hours ago, spiralingepi said:

after interviewing, do you think it's reasonable (/polite) to reach out to the POI for an application update or should we stick to the program directors and not bother the POIs?

I feel like it's best to touch base with program coordinators/directors and not the POIs. But curious to hear others' thoughts? 

On 2/8/2023 at 12:22 PM, spiralingepi said:

after interviewing, do you think it's reasonable (/polite) to reach out to the POI for an application update or should we stick to the program directors and not bother the POIs?

I sent a thank you email to my POI after my second-round interview (first one was with several professors from the department including the POI, second was only with the POI), and at the end of the email I added 'I look forward to hearing from you about the next steps of the process'. They responded saying they were glad about the interview, too, and that further updates will be available from the program director. So in my case I'd stick to the directors.

Edited by Myyday

9 hours ago, abxz123 said:

I heard an interview request from Yale CDE a couple weeks ago, haven’t had it yet though

Ooh speaking of Yale's interview, may I ask did you receive specific arrangement (like hotel or something) yet? I'm freaking out they told me it would be released this week but it's already the end of Thursday there's still nothing. :(

15 minutes ago, MellyPlinis said:

Ooh speaking of Yale's interview, may I ask did you receive specific arrangement (like hotel or something) yet? I'm freaking out they told me it would be released this week but it's already the end of Thursday there's still nothing. :(

Same!! I’m also invited to the interview day, but I have received 0 info about lodging ? am I just supposed to set up a small tent 

13 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

Same!! I’m also invited to the interview day, but I have received 0 info about lodging ? am I just supposed to set up a small tent 

Hahahaha sounds like a plan let's sleep at the center of their campus together! Call for the floor next to you hahaha ? Anyhow I plan to send them an email ask what's this going on tomorrow morning. 

Edited by MellyPlinis

has anyone had communication with CUNY and could mention how it went? a faculty member reached out to me to discuss my particular area of interest in one of the research centers there. i only mentioned the center briefly since there isn't much information online and i (regretfully) did not meet with them before applying. 

6 hours ago, Chunyu said:

Has anyone heard from JUH Mental Health? Had an interview on Jan 27th, but no news so far. So anxious.

I interviewed with JHU MH on Jan 31 and haven't heard anything yet either. My interviewer was Judy Bass, she said we will find out by mid Feb? 

6 minutes ago, globalMH said:

I interviewed with JHU MH on Jan 31 and haven't heard anything yet either. My interviewer was Judy Bass, she said we will find out by mid Feb? 

Is she your POI? My interviewer was Brion Maher. I didn't reach out to him before. Will the interviewer be the final advisor? He told me the decision would be made in a month....mid Feb is good. Hope to get good news

1 minute ago, Chunyu said:

Is she your POI? My interviewer was Brion Maher. I didn't reach out to him before. Will the interviewer be the final advisor? He told me the decision would be made in a month....mid Feb is good. Hope to get good news

I wrote about her in my statement but it looks like the department matches students with PIs after admittance. I don't think the interviewer is necessarily the final advisor though 

14 hours ago, JJCCS said:

First time posting here because I am totally freaking out. I just wanted to ask whether you guys have received second round interview from BU yet?

I applied to DrPH at BU and neither expected nor received an invite for a second round interview. What program did to apply to? Your post is now making me freak out too. 

12 minutes ago, Chunyu said:

I also interviewed on Jan 31st and my interviewer asked about who I want my advisor to be, so maybe they are still pairing people. She also said sometime in February ?…I am so nervous.

On 2/8/2023 at 2:04 AM, natsumeow said:

I feel bad not able to attend the prospective student day at BU. Anyone same as me? I thought there were international students applying to this program, how should we do? 

Is the invite for prospective student day for DrPH and/or PhD?