PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

8 minutes ago, dogmom34 said:

Coming in with an update: 3/3 rejections in PHD epi (ID) ; Emory, U Mich, Brown. 

7 more to go and nothing from anyone else. Fingers are still crossed. 

Oh man - sorry to hear - but crossing my fingers for you! Out of curiosity, when did you hear about U Mich? I have heard nothing from the program, but I could have sworn someone said they were already hosting an interview day? 

4 hours ago, MedicinesAreExpensive said:

I have now had three interviews for DrPH programs and the questions are consistent. Why a DrPH? Why our school? Why now? This does seem to be a very competitive year with one school sharing that about 8% of applicants will be accepted. Good luck everyone with the interviews and stay strong/motivated in this final stretch! 

Thanks for sharing! Can you share which schools you've interviewed with thus far?

6 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

Oh man - sorry to hear - but crossing my fingers for you! Out of curiosity, when did you hear about U Mich? I have heard nothing from the program, but I could have sworn someone said they were already hosting an interview day? 

POI told me interviews happen 19-20 of January for Epi and if I was not invited I will get an official rejection in the coming weeks. Fingers crossed for you too -- where else did you apply EPI? Heard anything?

14 minutes ago, LauzzaMon said:

Thanks for sharing! Can you share which schools you've interviewed with thus far?

You are welcome- I hope it is helpful insight! They seem very general but sometimes those can be the trickiest to maneuver. I've had two interviews for the DrPH program at Harvard and one interview for Boston University. 

On 1/24/2023 at 11:22 AM, PublicHealth123 said:

Hey guys! I've applied to JHU's Mental Health program (only). I've seen on the results page that someone has already been accepted (congrats!), and someone else has been rejected (hope you get accepted at another program ?). My application still says Under Review. Anyone else has any updates from the program?

Hey! Looks like they are contacting people this week for interviews. I just got an interview scheduled for JHU MH for next week. They called it a “chat” so I am wondering if it will be 1:1 or if more people will be involved.

Wishing you all the luck! 

33 minutes ago, kgarciar said:

Hey! Looks like they are contacting people this week for interviews. I just got an interview scheduled for JHU MH for next week. They called it a “chat” so I am wondering if it will be 1:1 or if more people will be involved.

Wishing you all the luck! 

Oh thanks for the update! Good luck at the interview ? 

Did anyone else receive a welcome letter from BUSPH?

I did not interview and it has been radio silence, but I received an email today that said

Welcome Bayou_Cat,   

At BUSPH, you are joining a community filled with the next generation of public health leaders.

It goes on to mention the benefits of being a BU graduate student, and ends with

We look forward to meeting you on our BUSPH campus.

What is this, y’all? 

1 hour ago, bayou_cat said:

Did anyone else receive a welcome letter from BUSPH?

I did not interview and it has been radio silence, but I received an email today that said

Welcome Bayou_Cat,   

At BUSPH, you are joining a community filled with the next generation of public health leaders.

It goes on to mention the benefits of being a BU graduate student, and ends with

We look forward to meeting you on our BUSPH campus.

What is this, y’all? 

I received it as well. I think it is most likely a poorly timed/worded mass email