PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

Hi all! 

Quick blurb from Hopkins HBS/SBS PhD Admin--emailed them today; 

"Thank you for your continued interest in the PhD degree program in the Dept. HBS.  We anticipate interviews happing in late January to the first week of February and decisions being sent out as soon as possible afterwards.  This would also include rejections and waitlist decisions." 

Still no word back from BHS at Brown! ? Not sure if that means we got the boot or if interviews are happening later than originally planned! Fingers crossed for great news on the horizon!

16 hours ago, healthequityprincess said:

Hi all! 

Quick blurb from Hopkins HBS/SBS PhD Admin--emailed them today; 

"Thank you for your continued interest in the PhD degree program in the Dept. HBS.  We anticipate interviews happing in late January to the first week of February and decisions being sent out as soon as possible afterwards.  This would also include rejections and waitlist decisions." 

Still no word back from BHS at Brown! ? Not sure if that means we got the boot or if interviews are happening later than originally planned! Fingers crossed for great news on the horizon!

Trying to be optimistic about Brown as well but I saw that two people posted they got interviews for BHS in the main results page a week ago ?. I keep hope until I get a formal rejection! 

12 minutes ago, bmore_epi said:

Trying to be optimistic about Brown as well but I saw that two people posted they got interviews for BHS in the main results page a week ago ?. I keep hope until I get a formal rejection! 

Ah jeez, I didn't even know! As someone else mentioned, I had such an amazing talk with a faculty member, thought I was interview material for sure ? humbling moments, but we're growing though it!

39 minutes ago, MedicinesAreExpensive said:

I interviewed with Boston University this week for the DrPH program and they confirmed decisions should be made by beginning of March. They shared that they will interview around 25 applicants for 8 spots. Good luck everyone and keep leading with what you are passionate about! 

Any mentioned about the PhD program ?? ?

1 hour ago, MedicinesAreExpensive said:

I interviewed with Boston University this week for the DrPH program and they confirmed decisions should be made by beginning of March. They shared that they will interview around 25 applicants for 8 spots. Good luck everyone and keep leading with what you are passionate about! 

Well, there goes all my hope. This was the program I applied to as I couldn't afford to apply to multiple.

I am trying to remain confident in myself, but wow, I feel pretty worthless.

2 minutes ago, dogmom34 said:

Thanks and good luck! I applied Epi so my figures are still crossed!!

I applied to Boston epi phd before and I remember getting an invite late Jan and the interview day was mid feb. It was all the departments on a zoom at first then it broke out to departments and then individual interviews. Not sure if that is helpful or if it is the same but that was the 2021 cycle. The epi dept also bought us lunch that day which was super cool. 

13 hours ago, Anairam said:

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard anything about Yale’s Ph.D. - Social & Behavioral Sciences program? 
Haven’t heard anything and am starting to freak out! 

Thanks! 

Apparently interview day is on Feb 13th and I heard that SBS doesn't have funding for many PhD slots this year :( I'm current SBS MPH. They've started sending out interview invites I think. 

On 1/15/2023 at 1:14 PM, globalMH said:

Have folks heard from any of the following programs for PhD Admission: 

Hopkins International Health (SBI)

Hopkins Mental Health

GWU Prevention and Community Health (SBS)

NYU SBS

Yale SBS? 

Haven't heard anything yet and I'm slowly freaking out lol. Unsure if all the interview invites have been sent out or if I should still hold on to some hope

I applied to JHU Mental Health PhD, and still have not heard back from them. I admissions told me that top candidates will be contacted by the end of January.

23 hours ago, globalMH said:

Apparently interview day is on Feb 13th and I heard that SBS doesn't have funding for many PhD slots this year :( I'm current SBS MPH. They've started sending out interview invites I think. 

I've heard the same thing about Yale from some folks over there, that SBS may not even be taking a cohort for PhD due to lack of funding?? Ugh, transparency would be so great in this process, lol!

10 minutes ago, healthequityprincess said:

I've heard the same thing about Yale from some folks over there, that SBS may not even be taking a cohort for PhD due to lack of funding?? Ugh, transparency would be so great in this process, lol!

That's why YSPH has such a low admission rate (~2%), last year they only admitted 22 students.

And given that they have several tracks, it may be around 5 per track... really competitive

24 minutes ago, healthequityprincess said:

Yes it's true. It's absolutely annoying I applied Yale SBS PhD too and I wasn't privy to this information until like a week ago lol when my department chair told me after I straight up asked him.