PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

On 12/11/2022 at 8:58 PM, oatmilklatte12 said:

Commenting to keep this forum going! Has anyone heard back about interviews yet/ when should we expect to start hearing about interviews?

not all the schools i applied to have interviews and the ones that did told me january - february they'd reach out :)  i think pre-winter break is too soon to worry about this. the apps are probably still in the admissions committee review and haven't reached professors. 

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, lunalune said:

I haven't heard anything yet, I applied to 8 programs. I heard that Brown is doing their Interview Day this month so I'm kind of nervous that I haven't heard anything yet lol feels like it doesn't bode well.

Came here to say the same thing... haven't heard a thing though people are posting a few admission results on the main page here... 

1 hour ago, lunalune said:

I haven't heard anything yet, I applied to 8 programs. I heard that Brown is doing their Interview Day this month so I'm kind of nervous that I haven't heard anything yet lol feels like it doesn't bode well.

For which concentration? I haven't heard anything from anyone!! Now I'm worried. 

41 minutes ago, Anairam said:

Hi everyone, 

Has anyone heard from Brown, Tulane, Yale and Johns Hopkins Ph.D. in public health?

Thank you

Nooooooooooooo, Brown didn't even send an email saying they received my application. Worried about that but I applied in November ?. JHU was closed over winter break for like two weeks until Jan 3rd so I think they should start sending invites in the next few weeks or so. They are usually quick about interviews but don't actually reject until March, for most JHU programs if we dont hear anything about an interview by mid feb it is probably safe to think rejected. At least that is how it was last application cycle. 

Hi all! I'm generally interested in global mental health and implementation science in lower and middle income countries. I applied for PhD to Yale's Social and Behavioral Sciences Program, Hopkins Mental Health, Hopkins International Health (Social and Behavioral Interventions), GWU Prevention and Community Health, NYU SBS, and Harvard SBS. Have folks heard back from any of these programs? I haven't heard anything from anyone yet. 

Edited by globalMH

6 hours ago, Anairam said:

Hi everyone, 

Has anyone heard from Brown, Tulane, Yale and Johns Hopkins Ph.D. in public health?

Thank you

I applied to Yale SBS and Hopkins International Health and Mental Health. Yale said they would start sending interview invites "in the coming weeks" and I've heard nothing from Hopkins yet

I applied to 12 programs in total, but 2 of them have a few days left until the application deadline, so of course I could not have heard back from them yet. Among the rest, I got a rejection from one of them pretty fast. Funny thing is, this is my second time applying, and the school that gave me this fast rejection had actually waitlisted me last year. Since my CV's definitely improved from last year, I guess the reason for their rejection this time is because their vacant research pool did not fit with me, so no hard feelings about that. I also got a interview offer from one of the programs, which the deadline was Dec 1st. It's actually my top choice, so I hope I can nail it. 

Hi everyone--looks like we're all in the dreaded waiting season ?lol--wishing everyone the absolute best of luck this year!! 

Just to share some gems of information I've gleaned in response to the Brown inquiries; 

An admissions officer at Brown back in December told me January 20th is the day of interviews--that said, none of us seem to have heard back on it yet lol? So I emailed again the other day (1/9/23) to get an idea of the timeline and they said "As of right now, we cant give you an update, maybe by next week"---so maybe next week lol? Which would be strange if the interview day itself is next week---maybe they're behind schedule and planning to postpone? I've spoken to some current students (BSHS) and they said it was pretty quick between the interview notification, the interview, and the acceptance decision (all between end of Jan and front half of Feb)--so, TBD! 

We got this ya'll! Already got my first acceptance//funding offer (UMD College Park Community Health PhD!) ?

Edited by healthequityprincess

Hi Everyone! I applied to DrPH programs and interviewed with Harvard this week. I was told that if I am successful, I will interview with another committee member in 2-3 weeks with a final decision made by mid-Feb. These next 6-8 weeks are going to be stressful so I am thankful I am not the only one constantly refreshing my emails and checking portals. Would love to know when to expect something from Hopkins...

4 hours ago, healthequityprincess said:

Hi everyone--looks like we're all in the dreaded waiting season ?lol--wishing everyone the absolute best of luck this year!! 

Just to share some gems of information I've gleaned in response to the Brown inquiries; 

An admissions officer at Brown back in December told me January 20th is the day of interviews--that said, none of us seem to have heard back on it yet lol? So I emailed again the other day (1/9/23) to get an idea of the timeline and they said "As of right now, we cant give you an update, maybe by next week"---so maybe next week lol? Which would be strange if the interview day itself is next week---maybe they're behind schedule and planning to postpone? I've spoken to some current students (BSHS) and they said it was pretty quick between the interview notification, the interview, and the acceptance decision (all between end of Jan and front half of Feb)--so, TBD! 

We got this ya'll! Already got my first acceptance//funding offer (UMD College Park Community Health PhD!) ?

Huge Congratulations on your UMD acceptance! And thank you so much for the Brown updates welppp

Congrats 

4 hours ago, healthequityprincess said:

Congratulations on your acceptance and funding! ☺️

7 hours ago, bmore_epi said:

Did anyone apply to epi programs? Looks like Brown epi sent out interview invites. I haven't read anything about BSHS. 

Darn - I also applied epi, haven’t heard anything.  Where did you hear the interviews went out? 

1 hour ago, dogmom34 said:

Darn - I also applied epi, haven’t heard anything.  Where did you hear the interviews went out? 

On the regular home page I searched epidemiology and saw people had posted about interviews for Brown, Rutgers, Harvard, u michigan epi programs, and someone posted they got into Pittsburgh epi. It is outside of this forum though!

I applied to nine programs (all in Epi or related) but haven't heard a peep from one :) -- I did email each program last week to send in my fall course grades, and they all replied saying they would upload them to my application package. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part, but they wouldn't agree to do so if they already rejected me  ??

4 hours ago, bmore_epi said:

On the regular home page I searched epidemiology and saw people had posted about interviews for Brown, Rutgers, Harvard, u michigan epi programs, and someone posted they got into Pittsburgh epi. It is outside of this forum though!

Did Rutgers send out their interviews for the Epi track or all tracks? Also, could you please share the link?