PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

I got an interview invitation from Hopkins - Population, Family and Reproductive Health earlier this week. It's a different department from International Health and Mental Health though. And I think they handle applications separately. 

Has anyone heard from Boston Epi, and Harvard population health - SBS track?

only applied to Boston University, so I really threw all my eggs in one basket. I haven't heard anything and understand that last year they had sent them out Jan 7. I assume I either have a poor chance of getting in, or they are late this year in inviting people to interview.

I didn't even know BU interviewed - my confirmation e-mail pretty much just said, 'thanks and talk to you by mid-march'.

Not feeling too optimistic.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:01 PM, PH PHD said:

I got an interview invitation from Hopkins - Population, Family and Reproductive Health earlier this week. It's a different department from International Health and Mental Health though. And I think they handle applications separately. 

Has anyone heard from Boston Epi, and Harvard population health - SBS track?

Hi! I also applied to the Population, Family, and Reproductive Health program. Did you apply for Ph.D. or DrPH?
If Ph.D.,would you mind sharing the PI you want to work with and whether you think it was a mass email or a personalized one? Sorry for the questions, I'm just really freaking out without information. Thanks in advance!

20 minutes ago, Anairam said:

Hi! I also applied to the Population, Family, and Reproductive Health program. Did you apply for Ph.D. or DrPH?
If Ph.D.,would you mind sharing the PI you want to work with and whether you think it was a mass email or a personalized one? Sorry for the questions, I'm just really freaking out without information. Thanks in advance!

Just replied to your message! Best of luck! 

Hi everyone! Has anybody received interview requests form Emory Epi or UNC Epi PhD programs? I noticed that Emory has sent out rejected emails for the Global Health and Development program...so maybe something from Epi is not far away...?

Have folks heard from any of the following programs for PhD Admission: 

Hopkins International Health (SBI)

Hopkins Mental Health

GWU Prevention and Community Health (SBS)

NYU SBS

Yale SBS? 

Haven't heard anything yet and I'm slowly freaking out lol. Unsure if all the interview invites have been sent out or if I should still hold on to some hope

On 1/14/2023 at 1:10 AM, Xinyi Sun said:

Hi everyone! Has anybody received interview requests form Emory Epi or UNC Epi PhD programs? I noticed that Emory has sent out rejected emails for the Global Health and Development program...so maybe something from Epi is not far away...?

Also applied here and haven't heard a thing. Emory's website says ''after the Department of Epidemiology reviews applications, a portion of applicants will be invited for an on-campus visit. It is very unlikely that an applicant not invited to visit would receive an offer of admission. Visit dates are most often a Thursday and Friday within the first two weeks of February. Once dates are confirmed, they will be posted here."

which makes me think nothing has been sent... 

On 1/15/2023 at 1:14 PM, globalMH said:

Hopkins Mental Health

NYU SBS

Yale SBS? 

Haven't heard anything yet and I'm slowly freaking out lol. Unsure if all the interview invites have been sent out or if I should still hold on to some hope

I applied to JHU SBI and GWU. Have not heard anything and also have not read anything on the main gradcafe page. Also freaking out but did speak to faculty at both before I applied. Really not sure what to think at this point. 

1 hour ago, bmore_epi said:

I applied to JHU SBI and GWU. Have not heard anything and also have not read anything on the main gradcafe page. Also freaking out but did speak to faculty at both before I applied. Really not sure what to think at this point. 

Try not to freak! I was looking at the forum from last year and people were still receiving interview invites 1 Feb. We just have a long road full of unknowns ahead of us :)

3 hours ago, dogmom34 said:

Try not to freak! I was looking at the forum from last year and people were still receiving interview invites 1 Feb. We just have a long road full of unknowns ahead of us :)

I hope someone hears back soon. They are either a little late this year, or we are an unfortunate bunch!

And wow, last year's thread was so much more active!

I'm a current Yale MPH student and today one of my advisors said Yale specifically is a bit behind in reviewing apps. I think, and hope, this is the case with everywhere else too. 

I was looking at GWU PCH's PhD website and apparently they will start sending out interview invites end of Jan - early Feb. 

On 1/15/2023 at 1:14 PM, globalMH said:

Hopkins Mental Health

NYU SBS

Yale SBS? 

Ok I went sleuthing. "Admissions decisions for our Ph.D. program will be released in March 2023" - NYU SBS. "We hope to send decisions by mid to late February".

Just heard back from the University of Washington Health Services for an interview! ? I was starting to get nervous not hearing back. I've had radio silence so far from everywhere else I applied. Here's the full list...

Harvard - Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS/PHS)

Hopkins - Social & Psychological Influences on Health (SBS)

OHSU/PSU - Community Health

UCLA - Community Health

UMN - Health Services Research 

UNC - Health Behavior 

UW - Health Services - Interview 1/30 

Good luck everyone!!