PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

1 hour ago, ccyri95 said:

Just FYI, JHU genetic and general track has sent out interview invitation last week. U of Michigan also did their interviews last week. U of Washington probably would have the decision letters come out this week (25th most likely). 

PS: JHU may have different timelines for id (since it's the most popular one). At least different timeline for genetic and general EPI track. 

Same with U of Michigan. 

Nothing from other schools yet, and I am pretty sure about my rejection from Brown since they sent out interviews around 10th this month.

Hello, thank you for sharing this! May I ask did U of Washington have interviews? I'm in another track though, I haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm a little bit scared T_T

Edited by MellyPlinis

7 minutes ago, globalMH said:

So has anyone heard from GWU SBS PhD for an interview yet? 

Nothing yettttttttt ? . Did you also apply for the TASHI fellowship? I think the email the other day made the anxiety worse. Also slightly worried cause my GRE was average and also from 2018, it was the only school that required it though so I didnt want to pay to retake it. I have taken a bunch of quant/qual courses since then so hoping that helps ?

1 minute ago, bmore_epi said:

Nothing yettttttttt ? . Did you also apply for the TASHI fellowship? I think the email the other day made the anxiety worse. Also slightly worried cause my GRE was average and also from 2018, it was the only school that required it though so I didnt want to pay to retake it. I have taken a bunch of quant/qual courses since then so hoping that helps ?

Mine too omg. Yes I applied to the TASHI fellowship too. I'm contemplating emailing Courtney Coffey but I don't want to be annoying hahaha

Just now, globalMH said:

Mine too omg. Yes I applied to the TASHI fellowship too. I'm contemplating emailing Courtney Coffey but I don't want to be annoying hahaha

I also dont want to be annoying haha. I was thinking about texting my recommender to see if they contacted them. But I was also thinking that they might not contact anyone until they decide who is admitted. I remember reading we would only be considered if we were admitted. 

16 minutes ago, PublicHealth123 said:

Hey guys! I've applied to JHU's Mental Health program (only). I've seen on the results page that someone has already been accepted (congrats!), and someone else has been rejected (hope you get accepted at another program ?). My application still says Under Review. Anyone else has any updates from the program?

Not Mental Health - but JHU environmental health seeing rejections and acceptances but I've heard nothing (under review). I assume that means waitlist.. which I am ok with rn.. 

31 minutes ago, bmore_epi said:

GWU global public health science - same situation and radio silence...............

22 minutes ago, bmore_epi said:

I also dont want to be annoying haha. I was thinking about texting my recommender to see if they contacted them. But I was also thinking that they might not contact anyone until they decide who is admitted. I remember reading we would only be considered if we were admitted. 

Yeah I think they consider folks for TASHI after htey are admitted. Ugh this waiting sucks lol. 

20 minutes ago, PublicHealth123 said:

Hey guys! I've applied to JHU's Mental Health program (only). I've seen on the results page that someone has already been accepted (congrats!), and someone else has been rejected (hope you get accepted at another program ?). My application still says Under Review. Anyone else has any updates from the program?

I applied JHU Mental Health and heard nothing yet

Just in general has any one heard from JHU IH-SBI or JHU HBS-SBS? No interview or anything but I was seeing people are getting rejected. My apps both say under review. I have class with a lot of these professors this term so its gonna be ssupppperrrrrrr awkwarddddd if I get straight up rejected. 

1 minute ago, bmore_epi said:

Just in general has any one heard from JHU IH-SBI or JHU HBS-SBS? No interview or anything but I was seeing people are getting rejected. My apps both say under review. I have class with a lot of these professors this term so its gonna be ssupppperrrrrrr awkwarddddd if I get straight up rejected. 

Also applied JHU-IH SBI and heard nothing so far. I don't see anything on the results page about JHU-IH SBI either. This is my top choice program ughhh

34 minutes ago, DSB said:

Has anyone heard decisions from DrPH programs applications to JHU, BU, UNC, or Indiana university?

JHU portal still says "application under review" for me. Looking at other years' threads, invites for interviews, if they were requested, were sent out in January and they had admissions decisions the first week of March. 

Edited by nc2

1 hour ago, bmore_epi said:

search "hopkins" in the main results page, I have been doing that! 

Oh god I see this now lol. I haven't gotten anything about an interview for either Hopkins IH-SBI or Mental Health. But i'm seeing rejections on the main page. 

4 minutes ago, bmore_epi said:

I am also obsessively checking the portal. ?  

I have been too -- because someone on the results section for Hopkins (another speciality) stated they got an automatic rejection on the portal but are confused b/c they also got a request to interview later this week ... so now I'm like, is their portal broken ... am I really rejected ... what does this all mean ?

Me right now: 

Edited by EpiNYC

31 minutes ago, bmore_epi said:

I am also obsessively checking the portal. ?  

26 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

I have been too -- because someone on the results section for Hopkins (another speciality) stated they got an automatic rejection on the portal but are confused b/c they also got a request to interview later this week ... so now I'm like, is their portal broken ... am I really rejected ... what does this all mean ?

Me right now: 

it's so rough out here LOL. b/w GWU and hopkins i just want an email. please. any email. put me out of this misery ?

35 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

Me right now: 

actually though! maybeeeeee it means we will all get accepted and are worrying for no reason.

2 hours ago, globalMH said:

Yeah I think they consider folks for TASHI after htey are admitted. Ugh this waiting sucks lol. 

I applied JHU Mental Health and heard nothing yet

I have also applied to the MH program and no emails and the portal says “under review.”

Has anyone heard from Columbia Epi?? I am dying here. 

Chiming in with some updates about the public health programs I have heard about: I was accepted to UMD College Park's Behavioral and Community Health PhD program last week and have an interview tomorrow with a prof at Drexel's Community Health and Prevention PhD program. Radio silence from NYU, Hopkins, GW (all for Social and Behavioral Sciences) and CUNY (Community Health and Health Policy) so far. 

Hey, to my future potential classmate: Healthequityprincess!