PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

Just now, impressiontall said:

do you think it's fine to reach out to the people we interviewed with and ask them? 

I don't know... I wonder. I reached out to the person who scheduled my interview and they said some offers had gone out and made it seem like I was waitlisted but I never got an official waitlist email. I do want to reach out to the faculty but im not sure...

Just now, olivecords said:

I don't know... I wonder. I reached out to the person who scheduled my interview and they said some offers had gone out and made it seem like I was waitlisted but I never got an official waitlist email. I do want to reach out to the faculty but im not sure...

I got a really similar response. And then when I asked if I'm on the waitlist, the person responded saying she asked the committee on what she could tell me. And the committee said they're still deliberating on all interviewed candidates and will have an update for everyone soon. So cryptic lol what does this even mean 

7 hours ago, impressiontall said:

I got a really similar response. And then when I asked if I'm on the waitlist, the person responded saying she asked the committee on what she could tell me. And the committee said they're still deliberating on all interviewed candidates and will have an update for everyone soon. So cryptic lol what does this even mean 

NYU GPH has two fellow slots for each track, and may offer additional slots if the faculty could fund RA track with their grant. Many schools don't notify about waitlist status. People might receive acceptance decisions after the 415 deadline. 

Edited by XXXXXXphd2021

8 minutes ago, XXXXXXphd2021 said:

NYU GPH has two fellow slots for each track, and may offer additional slots if the faculty could fund RA track with their grant. Many schools don't notify about waitlist status. People might receive acceptance decisions after the 415 deadline. 

This is extremely helpful, thanks so much. I'm not gonna hold onto any hope for this one and will treat it like a rejection. Damn, 2 spots per track is insane. 

On 3/6/2023 at 9:26 AM, impressiontall said:

Has anyone heard from NYU SBS PhD or GWU SBS PhD yet?? I interviewed over a month ago and I'm freaking out 

Hey, I got into GWU SBS around 2/14. I might not accept the offer, but still considering and waiting to talk to the faculty. Happy to chat over the DM if you have questions 🙂 

5 hours ago, gson said:

Anyone waitlisted for Hopkins DrPH and have insight into timeline? Im waitlisted for Global Health Policy & Evaluation and emailed them twice but no response. 

I would guess that the waitlist will start to move when accepted applicants start to choose programs and decline going to Hopkins. I’m sure many are waiting to hear about funding before deciding to attend or not, hopefully people will start committing to programs soon to open up those spots 🤞

Tulane DrPH Leadership, Equity, and Advocacy sent out decisions on Friday, March 10th via a letter posted to the portal. I was waitlisted. They said they'll probably respond to waitlist people after April 15th (the deadline for admitted students to respond).

On 3/7/2023 at 7:46 PM, fall2023epi said:

Hi, does anyone know when will the funding situations be available for the UCLA Epi program? I'm waiting anxiously...

May I ask if there is any update on your part? I still didn't get the funding but the PI reached out to me and said the schoolwide funding would be decided later in March or early April. 

2 minutes ago, LauzzaMon said:

Hello - I got my rejection from Rutgers last week!

Oh interesting... i haven't received any email... not sure what to think of this 😕

and so sorry about your rejection

Edited by AnxiousKronk