Hitler as a TA

rising_star

• 1 year later...

It's even funny for those who understand German and therefore know what he's really saying. :D

This clip gets remixed a lot, but I've never actually seen the original movie. What's happening in the scene, out of curiosity?

This clip gets remixed a lot, but I've never actually seen the original movie. What's happening in the scene, out of curiosity?

The long and short of it is he tears his generals a new one and then admits that he is going to lose.

The clip from the original film is here:

Edited by long_time_lurker

• 5 months later...

Oh god, laughing so hard! This is amazing. And perfect because right now, for the first time, I'm teaching a class where all I want to do is scream "FOR GOD'S SAKE SAY SOMETHING! ANYTHING!!" :P

I know that feeling sometimes! There's nothing like that awkward silence before you answer your own questions.

Edited by newms

I've literally been giggling about this to myself all day long. I love it! I wish I could understand German... I'm sure it's chalked full of irony.

Edit: Oh wait, there's the original scene! yay!

Edited by cokohlik

The original scene is not ironic at all, it depicts one of Hitler's last days in the bunker. His generals tell him that the Allied forces are advancing in several fronts and that several battles have been lost/forces have been annihilated/ generals are dead. He goes on a fit but then recognizes that the war is lost.

I always liked the dubbed versions more... "FOR GOD'S SAKE SAY SOMETHING! ANYTHING!!" :P

Funny! My favorite version of this, however, is one made at the time of the iPad release where he discovers its not really a full Mac OS platform and rants about its limitations. I sent it to a tech-savvy friend who replied, "I never thought in my life I'd say this...but I agree with Hitler." :lol:

The director of the original has even commented that he finds its presence as an internet meme hilarious. I really want to see the original, esp. with my Dad, who likes historical war films. Alas, Netflix doesn't offer it as a stream.

• 4 weeks later...

This is funny as hell. Especially since this is my first semester TAing. But I'm at a small liberal arts college so I don't have to lead separate discussion sections from class. All I do is grade and lead in-class discussions. But all in all, it's still hilarious.

The movie is called Downfall, and IT IS on netflix IW. In fact, i just watched it for the first time a few weeks ago. It's pretty interesting.

Good to know! I'll have to remember this next time I'm with the family.

We had looked for it last summer, when Netflix pricing/shipping/stock/everything was kind of a brouhaha.