MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

25 minutes ago, CharmedAhri said:

Hey all! I’ve just been waitlisted at UFT and still have not received a response from Waterloo. Wondering if anyone got a response from Waterloo yet? 

Hi there -- may I ask whether the waitlisting for U of T was for the advanced standing MSW or the regular track? Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Torrberry said:

@CharmedAhri a lot of people have heard from Waterloo around Feb 17 in Quest. I’m really curious why some people haven’t heard back still? I was waitlisted!

Wishing you the best of luck!! I’m also waitlisted for UFT.

I’m still finishing up my BSW from Waterloo and will be graduating this June, but the wait is scaring me especially after hearing some people who have already received responses.

55 minutes ago, Torrberry said:

@CharmedAhri a lot of people have heard from Waterloo around Feb 17 in Quest. I’m really curious why some people haven’t heard back still? I was waitlisted!

I also haven't heard from Waterloo so I emailed them and this is what they said "

We are still processing MSW decisions. You should hear some news over the next couple of weeks."

Hey everyone!

Looking for some insight! 

I graduated from McGill with a BA in Psychology in April of 2022 and applied to two MEd Counselling Psychology programs (UofT & uOttawa) for September 2023 intake. I just received my first rejection from uOttawa (sucks, but I know most people don't get in on their first try) and am assuming rejection from UofT as well because I know it's more competitive. I had looked at UBCO's clinical MSW (foundational) as an option for September 2024 earlier this year and I just saw that they extended their deadline from January 10th to March 14th for domestic students!

Because I'm new to the MSW game, I was wondering if anyone knew (a) why they extended it, (b) how many people they take each year, and (c) if I should even bother applying as I have a mere four days to tweak my counselling statements of purpose to fit the MSW questions :,)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

5 hours ago, Pertino29 said:

Hey all, I think I just got accepted to TMU, but the letter is kinda vague. I checked under my communications and it's just a repeat of the letter. 

E42D4A47-EDB1-4563-A8B0-B1A5B11A6150.jpeg

I applied to a different program there and was accepted, and received this email the day before the official acceptance letter! So yes, it’s an acceptance :) 

3 hours ago, WoooSW said:

Mines the same and no email/letter yet. I wonder when the deposit due date is?

Hey when I spoke with the school they told me they send out letters on Tuesdays & Thursdays. I received my official letter this past Tuesday, and the deadline to pay the deposit is March 21st. You should receive your letter the upcoming Tuesday!