2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

2 hours ago, ElsaNotFrozen said:

When you fill out the initial application (I can't see mine now since I submitted so it looks different), there will be a section where they ask you to explain how you know English, and ask if you are bilingual (and if you are explain how you know French). On that same page there will be a list of the prereqs and boxes under each one for you to fill out the info as it appears on your transcript - e.g. York University, FW 23, LING 2110 Phonetics, 3.0 credits, A. I'm not entirely sure about that order but it will tell you exactly how to format it. Then after all the prereqs there is a box to copy paste your personal statement. Once you submit that initial application (with all personal info, references, prereqs etc) then pay the fee, there will be a checklist for you to upload unofficial transcripts, CV, etc. 

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I applied for the Thesis one too, and it didn't show the pre-reqs page... so I got a bit confused. 

1 hour ago, AG404 said:

Do my references need to submit their letters today (by deadline)? or are they given a time-frame to submit? A professor hasn't submitted my reference letter yet so I am a bit panicked. 

I believe UAlberta's deadline for letters is later but the others are due today (or technically tomorrow/next business day since it is a weekend today) 

17 minutes ago, nslp2be said:

I believe UAlberta's deadline for letters is later but the others are due today (or technically tomorrow/next business day since it is a weekend today) 

I asked one of my referees about McGills' and she said it's 2 weeks.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:09 PM, Jen SLP said:

Hi, 

I recently passed in my application to Dalhousie and reached out to my references. So far one has gotten the form so fingers crossed for both of us! I would email again, even call to admissions office. 

Im not too sure about the PDF but maybe send it to them  and get them to fill it out incase they don't receive the emails?

Good luck!!!

Thank you.

Has your application been updated? mine is still blank in the reference letter, resume, and information form!

1 minute ago, 55slp said:

One of my references has not received an email from the U of A to write his letter yet, should I contact the program and see if they can send it to a different email of his? 

My references told me they hadn't received the email from UofA either but it ended up being in their spam folder. If your references haven't checked already it might be there!

4 minutes ago, girl said:

My references told me they hadn't received the email from UofA either but it ended up being in their spam folder. If your references haven't checked already it might be there!

He did check his spam folder and says it is not there! :( What should I do now?

Just now, girl said:

Oh in that case yeah you should contact UofA asap

Okay I sent them an email! Do you think I should do the "request new referee" option on the application portal and replace him with his new email? Not sure if that makes sense.

10 minutes ago, 55slp said:

Okay I sent them an email! Do you think I should do the "request new referee" option on the application portal and replace him with his new email? Not sure if that makes sense.

idk maybe wait to see what the registrar says. When I've emailed, Vicki has usually replied relatively quickly

On 1/16/2023 at 2:45 PM, MarySLP said:

Thank you.

Has your application been updated? mine is still blank in the reference letter, resume, and information form!

nope!! the only thing that says they've received is the fee ? I also handed my application on the due date so mine won't be updated for a couple of weeks i think! 

1 hour ago, Jen SLP said:

nope!! the only thing that says they've received is the fee ? I also handed my application on the due date so mine won't be updated for a couple of weeks i think! 

Based on my research through the previous threads, they will send an email saying your application is complete anytime in February. So everything is fine for now ?

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting in this thread (I have finally cracked). It's been a roller coaster trouble shooting application-related issues so congrats to everyone who has everything submitted! I was wondering if anyone took the Casper test on January 10th, or is planning to take it on January 26th. McGill's website lists those two dates as being the last opportunities to take the test if you are applying for fall 2023 admission. However, I read it takes 3 weeks for Casper to send them the scores? Since the deadline for SLP applications at McGill was January 15th, I am confused. I read that the Casper score is one of the first things they look at, so does this mean that McGill doesn't review applications until mid-February to allow scores to come in?

3 hours ago, Emmaa_ said:

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting in this thread (I have finally cracked). It's been a roller coaster trouble shooting application-related issues so congrats to everyone who has everything submitted! I was wondering if anyone took the Casper test on January 10th, or is planning to take it on January 26th. McGill's website lists those two dates as being the last opportunities to take the test if you are applying for fall 2023 admission. However, I read it takes 3 weeks for Casper to send them the scores? Since the deadline for SLP applications at McGill was January 15th, I am confused. I read that the Casper score is one of the first things they look at, so does this mean that McGill doesn't review applications until mid-February to allow scores to come in?

My CASPER score was listed as ‘sent to school’ within days of me taking it. It just took three weeks for it be released to me. I don’t know how that impacts the timeline but I suspect if they have those dates specifically than you should be fine

17 hours ago, Emmaa_ said:

I took mine on the 10th because I was confused about that as well. Idk why they aren't more clear but I think if the date is available you're fine. You could email admissions to confirm if that makes you feel more at ease.