2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

10 minutes ago, SarahS1998 said:

Hello! Another update for you guys! I spoke with McGill(again) and there is a new chair of admission this year therefore it is undecided whether the successful candidates will be called or emailed (however in the past it has been phone calls). She also mentioned that there were MANY applicants this year with amazing applications and it is difficult to eliminate/choose. She has not received a list as of yet, so it should be starting next week.

Does anybody know what the quota is for McGill? Just curious.

13 minutes ago, HopefullyASoonToBeSLP said:

Is anyone else frantically checking their email every 20 minutes because this date, last year, is when people heard back from Alberta?? I'm going crazy...

Yes! Even though I know that the Ontario schools don't give out acceptances until April 3rd I can't help but check hahah

36 minutes ago, HopefullyASoonToBeSLP said:

Is anyone else frantically checking their email every 20 minutes because this date, last year, is when people heard back from Alberta?? I'm going crazy...

Yes, same here. It is very hard to wait. Wishing everyone the best! :) 

13 minutes ago, ahopelessendeavour said:

Ok....I don't want to freak anyone out...but I just check the McGill application site & it has updated to ask for official transcripts. I haven't received an email or phone call. I am losing my mind. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. 

mine also says this! Its under the "conditions of admissions" header right?

15 minutes ago, ahopelessendeavour said:

Ok....I don't want to freak anyone out...but I just check the McGill application site & it has updated to ask for official transcripts. I haven't received an email or phone call. I am losing my mind. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. 

Mine says this as well. I emailed Antoniette...... Im freaking out

40 minutes ago, ahopelessendeavour said:

Mine also says this 

48 minutes ago, ahopelessendeavour said:

Mine also says this... when I was submitting my application I had a lot of technical issues and ended up having to contact a bunch of different people to get it resolved, and they did mention that is is a new system and they are still working out bugs. I would imagine this this likely what is happening. 

18 minutes ago, speechbean said:

Mine also says this... when I was submitting my application I had a lot of technical issues and ended up having to contact a bunch of different people to get it resolved, and they did mention that is is a new system and they are still working out bugs. I would imagine this this likely what is happening. 

UM ME TOO?! AT THE BOTTOM............ OK IM KINDA HYPERVENTILATING

3 hours ago, ahopelessendeavour said:

Mine has this too... I feel like it's a glitch because we all seem to have it 😅 painnn

On 3/22/2023 at 1:15 PM, MarySLP said:

Where did you take your CDA?

I took CDA at Georgian. I chose it because they had an on-campus clinic that was run by the CDA program during the semesters which was additional experience to the placements. I enjoyed my experience at Georgian and felt that the coordinators and instructors were very dedicated to the program. 

3 hours ago, hopefulslpp said:

Mine says this as well. I emailed Antoniette...... Im freaking out

did you happen to hear back about this? I'm very concerned, but considering everyone has it it must be a glitch.....