2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

I have not been active on this forum due such a busy school schedule. But anyone else receive an email from Western and had their heart drop? 😱. Then I saw and read the contents of the email (a reminder for everyone to activate their WesternID).

So to all hopeful Western applicants, please remember to activate your Western Identity in case you did not already! 

3 minutes ago, quruxSLP said:

I have not been active on this forum due such a busy school schedule. But anyone else receive an email from Western and had their heart drop? 😱. Then I saw and read the contents of the email (a reminder for everyone to activate their WesternID).

So to all hopeful Western applicants, please remember to activate your Western Identity in case you did not already! 

I got that email too while I was at work and I was excited for a split second until I realized it was about account activation 🥲

33 minutes ago, quruxSLP said:

Literally same!!! By activating they just mean we need to have access to our application on student centre right? 

Mine currently says "application received" under status. Do others say the same? 

1 hour ago, am_speechie said:

Omg please let us know when she answers 

She said she was looking into it! For mine specifically, she said no final decision was made, but she also didnt say it was a mistake which 🤷‍♀️ Lets hope it wasnt a glitch because if it was, I hope they wouldve sent us an email about it being a false alarm. They were made aware of it and I sent screenshots of my portal, so now its back to waiting.

1 minute ago, hopefulslpp said:

She said she was looking into it! For mine specifically, she said no final decision was made, but she also didnt say it was a mistake which 🤷‍♀️ Lets hope it wasnt a glitch because if it was, I hope they wouldve sent us an email about it being a false alarm. They were made aware of it and I sent screenshots of my portal, so now its back to waiting.

Thank you for checking into this!! I was working all day and simultaneously freaking out

47 minutes ago, BSLP22 said:

Literally same!!! By activating they just mean we need to have access to our application on student centre right? 

Mine currently says "application received" under status. Do others say the same? 

Yes, if you already followed the instructions and activated your Western Identity, you should be good to go! 

And yes. My application on stage student centre also says “application received”. I read a post (from a Western SLP student) on the forum earlier today about Western SLP admissions committee had their final talk on applications on March 20th…. So nervous! 

7 hours ago, Emmaa_ said:

mine also says this! Its under the "conditions of admissions" header right?

Mine also says this too under the conditions of admission header. Does anyone's McGill application not have the new "conditions of admission" header on there? It makes it sound suspiciously promising if they haven't made a decision! 

12 hours ago, hopefulslpp said:

Thanks for emailing! My portal isn't showing the conditions of admission section anymore, maybe they fixed the issue?? 

Just now, speechiemia said:

Just wanted to say that I just got a call from Mcgill about an hour ago! I got in ☺️

Congrats! I wonder if they're calling by alphabetical order? Do you mind sharing the position of your last name in the alphabet?

4 minutes ago, AG404 said:

Congrats! I wonder if they're calling by alphabetical order? Do you mind sharing the position of your last name in the alphabet?

Thank you! I don’t think they are she seemed to have just started the process. My last name is an E though! 

13 minutes ago, speechiemia said:

Just wanted to say that I just got a call from Mcgill about an hour ago! I got in ☺️

they seem to have just started the process and will be going through to next week as well! So don’t worry too much!! 

I also just heard from McGill! I got in! I am so EXCITED! My last name starts with B!

Hi guys! I'm currently a first year SLP student at McGill. Just wanted to reassure you guys that they don't go in alphabetical order when calling accepted applicants. My friend whose last name starts with a T found out hours before me last year (my last name starts with an M). So try not to stress, even though I know it's impossible not to! Good luck guys, hopefully the wait is almost over ❤️

Edited by speech_123

31 minutes ago, speechiemia said:

they seem to have just started the process and will be going through to next week as well! So don’t worry too much!! 

I also just received a call that I was accepted!