2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

5 minutes ago, BSLP22 said:

Congratulations to those that just got an acceptance from McGill! If you don't mind sharing what your sGPA is//any experience that you applied with?

I have a 3.95 sGPA. I took a psychology undergrad with a thesis research project in infant language development. Lots of volunteering, but minimal volunteering in an SLP setting and I scored in the 4th quartile for my Casper. I also think I was at the beginning of the acceptance calls today, so they are likely still making phone calls! My call came from a blocked number too. Good luck to everyone!! :) 

Edited by kits123

Congrats to those who heard back from MacGill. I'm happy for you guys. Personally didn't apply for that school, for me with a psychology degree it seemed like it has A LOT of pre reqs. Please let us know about your stats. :) 

Edited by MarySLP

57 minutes ago, BSLP22 said:

Congratulations to those that just got an acceptance from McGill! If you don't mind sharing what your sGPA is//any experience that you applied with?

sGPA: 3.68, 300+ SLP volunteer hours with adults and children in 5 settings, and 4th quartile CASPer!

Edited by SPCH

36 minutes ago, SLPplease1 said:

In the 2021 forum, you accepted Dal? Confused. 

I was accepted off the waitlist, but declined my offer to pursue a thesis-based MSc.

Edited by SPCH

29 minutes ago, kits123 said:

I have a 3.95 sGPA. I took a psychology undergrad with a thesis research project in infant language development. Lots of volunteering, but minimal volunteering in an SLP setting and I scored in the 4th quartile for my Casper. I also think I was at the beginning of the acceptance calls today, so they are likely still making phone calls! My call came from a blocked number too. Good luck to everyone!! :) 

3.95. Wow good for you you should be so proud :) 

28 minutes ago, Owlwho said:

Congratulations to those that got accepted!! Anyone heard from U of A today? 

Not yet 🥲

My application status still says "pre-screening". Can't help but feel it's a bad sign since I read at least one person has "under review" on theirs...

2 minutes ago, SLP_Sarah said:

Not yet 🥲

My application status still says "pre-screening". Can't help but feel it's a bad sign since I read at least one person has "under review" on theirs...

I also have pre-screening still! lots of people last year still had "pre-screening" when they got accepted - so don't worry!

9 minutes ago, HopefullyASoonToBeSLP said:

I also have pre-screening still! lots of people last year still had "pre-screening" when they got accepted - so don't worry!

13 minutes ago, SLP_Sarah said:

Not yet 🥲

Same here. It's still pre-screening for me.

35 minutes ago, SLP_Sarah said:

Not yet 🥲

I know someone outside of this thread who also had their portal change to under review, but like another person said, we shouldn't give up hope yet because it might not be indicative of anything! Fingers crossed we'll hear something next week :)

9 minutes ago, linggrad2023 said:

To everyone whose UofA portal said pre-screening - 30 minutes ago mine still said pre-screening but just updated to say under review. They're probably going through and updating everyone's bit by bit so keep an eye on it! We're probably so close to hearing back, praying for all of us!

Yes, mine just changed too! 

10 minutes ago, linggrad2023 said:

To everyone whose UofA portal said pre-screening - 30 minutes ago mine still said pre-screening but just updated to say under review. They're probably going through and updating everyone's bit by bit so keep an eye on it! We're probably so close to hearing back, praying for all of us!

I just went to view my application but hit "withdraw application" instead. Thank god for the second "confirm you would like to withdraw your application screen". I can't wait for this to be over. Mine also says in review now.

Hey guys!! I got a call from a no caller ID number at 2:00pm today an an acceptance to McGill!! My cgpa is 3.8 I think (88%), I have 400+ hours of volunteering in research labs and a children’s hospital but no SLP hours, fourth quartile in Casper. Hopefully you guys hear soon! 

Edited by Cora Cushman