Feminist/Women's/Gender/Sexuality Studies PhD 2023 Cycle

SportySpice

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 2:09 PM, KikiBalto said:

Thanks for creating this! I am a first-time applicant with no idea what I'm doing. :) just discovered this forum which I can already tell will be devastating to my mental health but overall useful. 

Hi! I'm doing my second round of applications but I'm only slightly less clueless than the first time ? where are you applying?

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2023 at 6:09 PM, valley_girl said:

Maybe I'm going a little crazy waiting for decisions... I haven't seen anyone get accepted for gender studies but I'm looking all the time on the results forum

Augh, me too haha. I'm so impatient. From what I can tell WGS programs generally release decisions later, so I'm not too worried yet, but aughhhh the waitingggg. I wish you luck!! 

Not sure if anyone's heard back from schools yet but here's an update from me that may be helpful or very much stress inducing: I received an email from Stonybrook yesterday telling me to check the portal (I was rejected). I also have heard from Rutgers that they haven't admitted anyone yet. So if you haven't heard anything from them, there's still hope!

1 hour ago, valley_girl said:

Not sure if anyone's heard back from schools yet but here's an update from me that may be helpful or very much stress inducing: I received an email from Stonybrook yesterday telling me to check the portal (I was rejected). I also have heard from Rutgers that they haven't admitted anyone yet. So if you haven't heard anything from them, there's still hope!

Thanks for the update about Rutgers! I haven't heard anything from them either so that's relieving. Good luck!

1 hour ago, DisplayName333 said:

Hi everyone! So far I've been rejected from Washington & Maryland :( I'm still waiting to hear from the rest. The waiting is driving me crazy!

Wishing you luck!! Where else did you apply (out of curiosity)? The wait is also killing me too.

9 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

Wishing you luck!! Where else did you apply (out of curiosity)? The wait is also killing me too.

Thanks! Good luck to you too!
I'm still waiting on Rutgers, Indiana, Wisconsin, Yale, & Penn State. 

Where do you see the Indiana application status? On the portal it still just shows the recommendations are complete. When you were waitlisted did it change or did you receive an email?

32 minutes ago, gloops26 said:

did anyone apply to U-Wisconsin Madison's PhD program/has anyone heard back from them yet? 

I did, to their Women's and Gender Studies PhD, but haven't heard back. Their website does state that decisions will be released by 15 Feb though

12 hours ago, DisplayName333 said:

Thanks! Good luck to you too!
I'm still waiting on Rutgers, Indiana, Wisconsin, Yale, & Penn State. 

Where do you see the Indiana application status? On the portal it still just shows the recommendations are complete. When you were waitlisted did it change or did you receive an email?

I got an email directly from the department last week asking me if I wanted to be on the waitlist. I just checked and nothing changed on my portal. I haven't heard anything else from them though so I don't know what their exact process is like for releasing decisions. Sorry I can't be of more help! 

In response to you and other folks though, so many of us applied to UW Madison!! I'm surprised. Best of luck to you all as we hopefully hear from them soon!

Hi everyone! 

I am a first time applicant and just found out about this website. So far I have heard back from University at Buffalo (accepted), and The Ohio State (accepted into masters). Got rejected from Washington, still waiting to hear back from Indiana, UMich (Joint English and Gender Studies), and Rutgers

2 hours ago, missmaya said:

Hi everyone! 

I am a first time applicant and just found out about this website. So far I have heard back from University at Buffalo (accepted), and The Ohio State (accepted into masters). Got rejected from Washington, still waiting to hear back from Indiana, UMich (Joint English and Gender Studies), and Rutgers

Welcome welcome! And congrats on your acceptances so far! Wishing you luck for the rest of your apps!

On 2/9/2023 at 6:10 PM, missmaya said:

Hi everyone! 

Out of curiosity did Buffalo give you money? Cause I was also accepted but they aren't offering a stipend or tuition remission, etc. So I'm just counting it as a rejection lite lol

Edited by DisplayName333