2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

1 minute ago, qampus said:

Dayng, six acceptances... How are you going to decide where to go?

I am mainly choosing from Columbia and Duke for now, and I am waiting for the waitlist from Yale. I think I am mainly looking at their placement records and fit with me for sure...but definitely hard decisions to make

14 minutes ago, Fellowpigeon said:

did columbia come as an email from faculty or an update on the portal?

First an email "check the portal". I thought: oh boy, here we go.

But it was the acceptance haha

The emails from the DGS + GSAS came a little later...

19 minutes ago, iskander said:

Did anybody get a rejection from Columbia? I'm trying to figure out if not hearing anything means wait listed or rejected.

From the previous cycles (at least according to what is recorded on GradCafe), it seems that they release the rejects and the wait lists a week after. It would be safe to assume it as a rejection, but there is still hope that it can be a wait list.

9 minutes ago, Obscurepun said:

@chairman mao it won’t let me reply- but it looks like UCSD rejections and a few wait lists also came out. I haven’t seen anything yet so a bit confused. I applied to the Joint Program and Public Policy so maybe that’s why no update?

yeah i got an email saying joint applications decisions aren't out yet

48 minutes ago, coffeeman123 said:

Any idea on when UPenn results will come out?

dunno, but you may get an idea here (although it is not super good for prediction, it may be the best tool we have):

https://www.martindevaux.com/2020/11/political-science-phd-admission-decisions/

Edit to summarise:

So far we heard nothing on: Harvard, Stanford, Cornell, UPenn. There's a bunch of places that seem to have sent only a fraction of results. I also don't recall seeing anything on MSU, Pittsburgh, UMD (but might be forgetting something), Johns Hopkins (only an interview), UGA, UC-Boulder, Rutgers, Iowa, Riverside, Syracuse. I think there was something on UC Davis, but not sure. 

Edited by anonymousvulture