2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

16 minutes ago, Obscurepun said:

Claiming Stanford acceptance. I am literally in shock! I got a call from a member of the admissions committee. I’m IR (if helpful).

3 minutes ago, Aztec said:

Claiming Harvard acceptance. Call from POI. This day will make history.

You guys!!!! Congratulations this is such a great cycle for you two. Although I do not know you in person I am geniuenly happy as we have all been in this together. Kinda feels like i know most of you on a personal basis hahaha.

You will be amazing scholars, good luck ?

13 minutes ago, PolGrad said:

I wish you all the best for your academic career and don't worry. As an applicant from Turkey like you, what I learned from this application cycle is that unfortunately compared to the applicants from the US or some countries; we do not have the same level of chance for getting admission from the PhD programs in the US; regardless of our grades, well-prepared SOP documents etc. 

I can't really think of any reason why I had a terrible cycle except my subpar GRE scores (both above 160) and me having almost no connection to the US academia. I guess I'll try my chances yet again. Thank you for the uplifting words though!

Edited by securityscholar
wrote above instead of "about"

13 minutes ago, Aztec said:

Claiming Harvard acceptance. Call from POI. This day will make history.

My congratulations for you, too :) As far as I remember, you also receied admission from Columbia and Berkeley, right? I wish I were in your place; this application cycle was really successful for you :) 

Just now, juliacar said:

Should I be happy I haven’t heard anything from Columbia. I’m just so nervous?I’ve only had an admit to a masters program this cycle and I’m losing hope. 

I am happy for not hearing anything from Columbia; hope that they would put us for the waitlist. 

5 minutes ago, juliacar said:

Should I be happy I haven’t heard anything from Columbia. I’m just so nervous?I’ve only had an admit to a masters program this cycle and I’m losing hope. 

i rly dont mean to be a downer :(but i wouldnt be too optimistic, seems like a lot of people still havent heard back yet...

45 minutes ago, PolGrad said:

My congratulations for you, too :) As far as I remember, you also receied admission from Columbia and Berkeley, right? I wish I were in your place; this application cycle was really successful for you :) 

Yes! I feel absolutely blessed.

When we apply, we want to be accepted, of course, but I couldn't wish for a better cycle...

59 minutes ago, kthslfmzgl said:

Anymore Harvard and Stanford acceptances? Congrats to those already received it!

I just got an email from my POI for Stanford! Congrats and good luck to everyone else as well hopefully we all make it out at the end!

Edited by wubble
specified school

1 hour ago, chairman mao said:

i rly dont mean to be a downer :(but i wouldnt be too optimistic, seems like a lot of people still havent heard back yet...

I don’t mind haha sometimes I need the reality check. I have a good feeling I’m going to get some good news tomorrow from Northeastern so I just need to take some deep breathes tonight lmao 

I guess I'm done with this cycle.  I was waiting for Stanford, Georgetown, Northwestern, and USC, but it seems like they're just holding on to my rejection letter..?

Congrats to everyone that got accepted and good luck to those on the waiting list!

Also don't lose hope even if you've been rejected to all schools. Next year would definitely be better!

2 minutes ago, PolGrad said:

Seems that there was a technical problem and all of the result posts shared today all gone. 

yeah i saw that! just put up my stanford reject again since i couldn't find it

in other news; does anyone know about northwestern? they're my last place to hear back from and so im just curious

4a/3r AP/political psych

4 minutes ago, Obscurepun said:

@PolGradi got an email from Columbia today recommending I apply for the Masters program (and rejecting from PhD). I don’t think I marked that I was interested in the Masters program but I may have done so accidentally.

Yes, I also received similar email from and I wanted my application to be reviewed for Master program but I would like to ask whether the Master programs like Columbia might offer tuition funding? Or shouldn't I assume any funding opportunity from them? I don't detailed knowledge about MA programs in the US and their funding; that's why would be glad if someone can guide me.

Also @Obscurepun asking for curiosity, which PhD program would you choose among the top phd programs? :) 

@PolGradMy understanding is that less schools offer funding for Masters but Columbia is pretty top notch so they may offer something! I didn’t apply to any Masters programs so I’m not entirely sure on that though.

I plan to visit a few of the schools in March and April to get a feel for it. Stanford’s funding is particularly generous, which is hard to turn down!

1 hour ago, PolGrad said:

Yes, I also received similar email from and I wanted my application to be reviewed for Master program but I would like to ask whether the Master programs like Columbia might offer tuition funding? Or shouldn't I assume any funding opportunity from them? I don't detailed knowledge about MA programs in the US and their funding; that's why would be glad if someone can guide me.

Also @Obscurepun asking for curiosity, which PhD program would you choose among the top phd programs? :) 

This is what Columbia has said in reference to Masters funding:

"Funds for master’s students are very limited. If you are offered admission to the program in Political Science, you should expect that it will be without fellowship assistance."