2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

3 hours ago, tyiac5525 said:

yeah i saw that! just put up my stanford reject again since i couldn't find it

in other news; does anyone know about northwestern? they're my last place to hear back from and so im just curious

4a/3r AP/political psych

Likely a rejection. They notoriously delay rejections. Also i doubt they’re taking any more AP behavioralists if the rumors about druckman leaving are true.

28 minutes ago, Obscurepun said:

@Isolate both have released results but there seems to be not that many results. I’m not sure if that’s a product of people not posting them as much this year or if the results aren’t totally out, but I feel like most schools send results in one day rather than batches.

I had sent email to Georgetown and they replied to my email by stating that from Georgetown they would be able notify both successful and unsuccessful applicants until next week or two. 

3 hours ago, Isolate said:

Have the Harvard Gov. and Georgetown Gov. Departments released their results yet?

It can get confusing with listings on the results page being under political science, government, and government political science for degrees. 

I could see only one acceptance post for Georgetown University and it was posted yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Isolate said:

Have the Harvard Gov. and Georgetown Gov. Departments released their results yet?

It can get confusing with listings on the results page being under political science, government, and government political science for degrees. 

@Isolate I checked from previous years' posts and unfortunately Georgetown tends to send waitlist results or rejection results lately; some waitlist results also came in March based on the previous years' posts.

Since we’re almost through February I want to remind everyone that there’s no sense in holding onto all your offers. Letting the schools you wont attend know that you aren’t considering them anymore opens up spots for our waitlisted friends.

3 minutes ago, juliacar said:

Both eventually but portal updated first 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I could not detect any changes to my portal, but I'm an int'l student, decisions for domestic and int'l students might be delivered separately on separate days, or I might be looking at a rejection...

13 hours ago, macshmai said:

Huge congrats after the long wait!!! may I ask your subfiled?

Hey, I talked to the department yesterday, and the DGS said all decisions are made at this point and selected applicants were contacted. Our decisions should appear on the portal soon.

7 hours ago, redaxcx said:

Claiming the UChicago MAPSS in PoliSci. Does anyone have any experience with asking them for a larger scholarship?

Not a promising approach. MAPSS tends to suggest taking out loans and financial management info sessions in response to any expressed concerns about financial feasibility. 

15 hours ago, redaxcx said:

Claiming the UChicago MAPSS in PoliSci. Does anyone have any experience with asking them for a larger scholarship?

I tried a few years ago, they increased it by a mere $600. I would advise against attending the program it even if you get a larger scholarship. It provides no support and you're left to fend for yourself, even getting letters of rec is hard. 

On 2/24/2023 at 9:48 AM, Isolate said:

Harvard Gov acceptances are out, but not rejects. Can't speak to waitlists.

10 hours ago, qampus said:

Does anyone have at least a slightest idea of when we could expect to hear back from the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)? Has anyone contacted them regarding the apps?

There was a post for University of Illinois on the result page just now. Not sure it is for UIC or UIUC.