NDSEG 2022-2023

fellowshipstress

On 1/5/2023 at 5:58 PM, SciWolf157 said:

Did you have a November update? and if you don't mind sharing which branch/area did you apply? 

Hi! I think I had the Nov 25th update yes, and I applied ARO. I also just got a Dec 9 update.. Not sure why I got like 3 updates in 2 weeks but I'm gonna tell myself that's a good thing. Sorry about replying late, didn't check this thread btw.

18 hours ago, peaches92 said:

After the SME review I am pretty sure they send the top 30% of applicants to the DoD review panel and then from there proposals get selected for funding. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 

I swear I read 40% before but now I'm seeing where it says 30%. The old ndseg website (the sysplus one) says that "approximately 20" applications make it to each panel 

2 hours ago, indy101 said:

SME review ends tomorrow and I have yet to receive a single update since Nov. Safe to say my application was not passed on. Same thing happened last year too. Sad

I wouldn’t rule yourself out yet! People tend to procrastinate on these things. I got my first update on Tuesday and my second one today (after you posted). Based on others updates, there might be 3 or 4 reviewers, so I’m potentially still missing one more. If you don’t get any updates by 5 pm tomorrow, I’d be really surprised.

21 hours ago, fellowshipstress said:

I wouldn’t rule yourself out yet! People tend to procrastinate on these things. I got my first update on Tuesday and my second one today (after you posted). Based on others updates, there might be 3 or 4 reviewers, so I’m potentially still missing one more. If you don’t get any updates by 5 pm tomorrow, I’d be really surprised.

Finally received my first update since Nov 2022. 

1 hour ago, indy101 said:

Seems like I received all my updates (3) yesterday after Nov 2022. Anyone know when we will know if our app has been officially passed on? It was Jan 31 last year I believe

My guess would be between the 27th and the 31st. Last year, the review panel ended on the 17th. It’s also interesting to note that some people, including me, got 4 updates while others got 3. Not sure if that means anything lol