NDSEG 2022-2023

fellowshipstress

I just got another email saying that they didn't find any personally identifying information and I have no actions right now. First good email I've revieced from them lol

This email notification is in response to the email you received earlier today Subject: 2022 - 2023 NDSEG Fellowship Application - 12/5/22 Update. The 2022 – 2023 NDSEG Fellowship Application is the first year the DoD Program Manager and Sponsoring Agencies hosted a blind (anonymous) application. We were asked to assess the number of applications that contained PII as the SME Review Panel will adhere to the guidelines established by DoD. Now that we have completed that task, the review will continue for the Subject Matter Experts Panel. If you are receiving this notification you have successfully submitted a complete application and NO ACTION is required on your part; thank you for your patience and understanding

7 minutes ago, foundnemo44 said:

Has getting a december update been a bad sign in past years?

19 hours ago, aErO5544 said:

What do you mean by december gang again?

I think in 2020, people who got december updates didn't make it to the DoD review panel.

Here's the thread - 

Edited by OpticsDude97

My guess based on previous years is that the November update is that your application is complete, the December update is that your application was reviewed by the SME panel, the February update indicates you made it to the DoD review panel (~30% of applications), and the March/April updates indicate internal winnowing of the top applicants. This makes sense why people have been rejected at each phase and only those will all or almost all of the updates are awarded. I also think the December timeline might depend on the branch and discipline. Tldr: December updates are only a bad sign if that is your last update.

1 hour ago, dirichletprior said:

Still no update for me... AFOSR Computer Science. Maybe the order in which applications are reviewed is dependent upon subject area, not branch?

Still no update for me too. ARO Aerospace Engineering. I'm guessing it's subject area too, it seems like people from most branches have recieved updates but we don't have big enough of a sample to see about subject areas.

are you guys seeing this last edited date on the Activity Pane? 

Nothing has been edited on my Activity Pane, but when you go to "Preview Application", it says Last edited: Dec 19 2022 08:02 PM (EST). 

Not sure if this is the same? 

(I applied for AFOSR Computer Science - @dirichletpriordid yours change too?)

Edited by manifestinggoodvibes

54 minutes ago, manifestinggoodvibes said:

are you guys seeing this last edited date on the Activity Pane? 

Nothing has been edited on my Activity Pane, but when you go to "Preview Application", it says Last edited: Dec 19 2022 08:02 PM (EST). 

Not sure if this is the same? 

(I applied for AFOSR Computer Science - @dirichletpriordid yours change too?)

Activity Pane still says the "Submitted on" date but the Preview Application (like you found) or if you present the application as a list (there's a side bar to do this) it will show the "Last Edited" date. ?

Edited by SciWolf157