NSF GRFP 2022-2023

fellowshipstress

1 hour ago, AnxiousAeroEng said:

Alas, this news harkens the light within my shrouded soul!

Anyone know the history of when the sign in is closed vs. results release?

I guess your soul will have to be shrouded and dark again :( 

I was amped after reading that we couldn’t sign in anymore… but yes I can sign in 

1 hour ago, jongu said:

I guess your soul will have to be shrouded and dark again :( 

I was amped after reading that we couldn’t sign in anymore… but yes I can sign in 

Indeed it shall :( 

Yeah, just posting an ominous "busy" on your calendar without a description doesn't really help anxious grad students.

9 hours ago, AnxiousAeroEng said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LaF7o1oBPHAbVkxuHtAH7MeGDs7qsc_xZoB-Kijn4II/edit#gid=0

Reposting this in here because it would seem that the maintenance would certainly be a positive indicator for results to be released soon. 

Oddly enough though, it would seem that results are released during the "maintenance window", which does not bode well.

Wow so historically it was always soon after the maintenance... 

Anyone know why there is such a disparity in release dates between years? Looking at the spreadsheet of historical announcement times, March 17 to April 10 is a large difference!!! Like almost a month. Even between 2021 (March 23) and 2022 (April 4) is over a week and a half. Are they really making decisions up until the last minute??? Seems very odd to me

9 hours ago, idkgradstudent said:

Anyone know why there is such a disparity in release dates between years? Looking at the spreadsheet of historical announcement times, March 17 to April 10 is a large difference!!! Like almost a month. Even between 2021 (March 23) and 2022 (April 4) is over a week and a half. Are they really making decisions up until the last minute??? Seems very odd to me

Yeah giving an entire month-long window for the release of the results isn't the most fun :(

Edited by AnxiousAeroEng

12 minutes ago, AnxiousAeroEng said:

It might be, there was some maintenance windows like that preceding the announcement. 

Seems like the duration should be from ~10-11 PM the night prior to release to ~1-6 AM the day of the release (but the vast majority of the time 6 AM). Unless I’m reading it wrong, every single case in the excel sheet has it being only over one night. 

So, when we see a maintenance from 10 PM to 6 AM or so we know there’s a good chance. 

That is why I was personally skeptical of the last announcement, it was over more than just one night. It was Friday to Sunday, 8 PM to 10AM. Dates and times are a bit out of range. 

They could always switch stuff up though… so who knows 

That seems odd. So we would find out saturday? I am also not sure if that is the right maintenance announcement. Usually it is on the GRFP page right below "Welcome to the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)."

Edited by designengr

19 minutes ago, AnxiousAeroEng said:

BIG IF TRUE

Can someone who is actually smart verify this for me?

ayo mate toastboy here. the big maintenance before results is historically posted https://www.research.gov/grfp/Login.do underneath Welcome to the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP).

The FastLane maintenances like this are not indicative of results coming out

Exactly, anyone want to dig through the forums for previous years and see if weekly maintenance is on fastlane too? Or if fastlane maintenance is a good indicator?

I have a test today so I don’t have time (but of course I have enough time to procrastinate a little bit and send this)

edit: nvm, just saw toastboy say these are indicative of results :(

Edited by jongu

2 hours ago, toastboy said:

ayo mate toastboy here. the big maintenance before results is historically posted https://www.research.gov/grfp/Login.do underneath Welcome to the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP).

The FastLane maintenances like this are not indicative of results coming out

To be fair, the GRFP banner did not come until at least 9AM of the day of (April 3rd last year). Therefore, it would not be abnormal for this banner to not be there just yet.