NSF GRFP 2022-2023

fellowshipstress

Also if we really want to be "scientific" about it, we should base our predictions on prior observed information. What we can see from the spreadsheet is that the GRFP ONLY* comes back on a Tuesday or Friday morning during overnight planned maintenance that is announced the day prior sometime in the morning. So when that happens I will actually expect it to come out. I don't want to get excited for no reason. Time to go to bed.

* Excluding the outlier last year where it came out on Monday + a couple other outliers.

Edited by bigdinner1989

13 minutes ago, RuthGoldberg said:

Nah it’s still happening tonight/tomorrow morning. Toastboy said so and laid down some tight evidence. I trust toastboy

Hey fellas/lasses .. I just call it how I see it. Anything but that maintenance announcement is just noise. Block it out 

3 hours ago, bigdinner1989 said:

It's definitely not coming out tonight... this maintenance happens weekly. I want it to be over so bad I'm hoping it does come out tonight so I can stop thinking about it.

Fastlane maintenance happens some weeks, but not all. And GRFP maintenance doesn’t happen weekly, I’m not sure how many times a year it is, but it’s sporadic enough to the point that it was a sign that the GRFP was going to be released in the past.

Does anyone know if GRFP maintenance in particular has not led to results being released in the past?

As far as I can tell, this might be one of the only cases where a GRFP maintenance was a false alarm, assuming this is a false alarm. Maintenance officially goes until 8, so if we don’t have results by then… yea

Edited by jongu