NSF GRFP 2022-2023

fellowshipstress

42 minutes ago, ninth_chevron said:

No problem. As far as exact timing, the email notification timestamp was 6:13am (2021). So perhaps the email follows a few hours behind, I remember being able to log in immediately when I saw the email. According to the sacred google sheet on here, timing for the maintenance event and first result post.

3/22, 11:00 PM to 3/23, 6:00 AM March 23, 1:25 AM

So what you're saying is I need to be hitting refresh on the GRFP page all night and not wait for an email?

Here is a great post I found on the reddit page 😂

Tomorrow could be the day. I asked ChatGPT to write a pirate song about the occasion. Enjoy -

Oh, grad student's life is a treacherous one, We work all day and study till dawn, Our treasure is knowledge, our ship is our mind, And we sail through the sea of academia, so blind.

Tomorrow's the day we've been waiting for, To hear if we've won the GRFP score, We've studied hard and sacrificed much, Now we'll see if we're worth a pirate's touch.

We'll raise our mugs and sing with glee, As we wait for the news from the NSF, And if we've won, we'll celebrate all night, Drinking grog and singing by candlelight.

But if we've lost, we won't shed a tear, For we're grad students, and we have no fear, We'll study harder and seek more knowledge, And conquer the seas of academia, with courage.

So here's to the NSF, may they choose us well, Or we'll continue to study, and break the spell, We'll find new treasures and seek new lands, With our academic minds, and our intelligent hands.

So hoist the sails and set the course, We'll navigate the sea with our academic force, For we're grad students, and we'll always be, Sailing the seas of academia, so boldly.

hi 🤣 toatboy  here. does anyone think this might be another fake out (like friday) because it looks like they're updating their website during the "grfp maintenance" window based on the notice on research.gov ... they updated the website on 3/24 too, causing the fake-out maintenance. 

ACM$ users are not currently receiving confirmation emails for ACM$ transactions and certifications. The Research.gov ACM$ module will be unavailable on Tuesday, 3/28 from 11:00 - 11:59 PM ET to resolve the issue. 

2 minutes ago, toastboy said:

hi 🤣 toatboy  here. does anyone think this might be another fake out (like friday) because it looks like they're updating their website during the "grfp maintenance" window based on the notice on research.gov ... they updated the website on 3/24 too, causing the fake-out maintenance. 

ACM$ users are not currently receiving confirmation emails for ACM$ transactions and certifications. The Research.gov ACM$ module will be unavailable on Tuesday, 3/28 from 11:00 - 11:59 PM ET to resolve the issue. 

To be fair, this is only the ACM$ module that would be unavailable.

29 minutes ago, idealchain said:

This is the same message that was posted last year when results were released. The portal will go down and when it comes back up the results should be there. I remember it being down for less than an hour. 

Now that I went back to page 3 to see what the Friday message was, it is different! So today really might be the day! 

3 hours ago, ninth_chevron said:

Yes - once results are posted to our pages in the GRFP portal. There will be a link under App Package Task List to "View/Print Application Reviews". This will be downloadable pdf with comments on BI/IM/Overall from each reviewer and rating given from each (Excellent, Very Good, Fair, etc)

The email notification will be clear between congratulations or we regret to inform you...

I know this from my experience applying as a senior undergrad two years ago.

What about if you're HM? Do you know what that email looks like?

Probably a dumb question but I completed the GRFP and all recommenders submit on time, but I never received a confirmation email about my submittal. On the portal it says application complete so I’m sure everything is in the clear, just last minute worrying about the minutiae. Did you all get confirmation emails?

edit: just rechecked my email and I see the confirmation of my application *facepalm* nevermind!

Edited by thephdiaries

Just now, thephdiaries said:

Probably a dumb question but I completed the GRFP and all recommenders submit on time, but I never received a confirmation email about my submittal. On the portal it says application complete so I’m sure everything is in the clear, just last minute worrying about the minutiae. Did you all get confirmation emails?

If the portal says it’s submitted you’re good. 

53 minutes ago, making_waves said:

You get money for an HM?

Sadly, no. That person is mistaken. Rumor has it occasionally an HM will get the fellowship if enough fellows turn down the fellowship, but I haven't heard of that happening in several years.