NSF GRFP 2022-2023

fellowshipstress

NOW what am I going to fixate on instead of all the work I should be doing?

I think I'm going to set a personal goal to finish A Really Long And Hard Task before results come out... then I'll either A) rush to finish, or B ) start rooting for the results to come out later and later as I get further behind on my task.

1 hour ago, ThisNameIsTaken said:

Do you have a theory regarding last year's Monday release? 👀

I'm hoping that the update on Friday-Saturday did actually signify the release, but the site only updates on business days. My university's student portal acts like this since the software is ancient, so I wouldn't be surprised. If it doesn't come out this week I may go feral ngl.

47 minutes ago, making_waves said:

I'm hoping that the update on Friday-Saturday did actually signify the release, but the site only updates on business days. My university's student portal acts like this since the software is ancient, so I wouldn't be surprised. If it doesn't come out this week I may go feral ngl.

That’s an interesting idea. I’m gonna spiral on that one now 😂 hoping it’s true 

49 minutes ago, making_waves said:

Last year’s Monday release had maintenance on Sunday night to Monday morning. I’m hoping we will see a maintenance banner go up tomorrow and get results in the wee hours of Tuesday morning 🤞🤞🤞🤞

4 hours ago, MicroMarianne said:

Last year’s Monday release had maintenance on Sunday night to Monday morning. I’m hoping we will see a maintenance banner go up tomorrow and get results in the wee hours of Tuesday morning 🤞🤞🤞🤞

You would not believe how incredibly proficient I am at camping a webpage. Tomorrow will be a very busy day for my refresh button, I'm sure. I will provide any status reports ASAP.

3 minutes ago, grfp throwaway said:

I had a feeling it would be tonight but with no maintance yet I don't think so. I think it's very possible we could be waiting until the end of next week.

Yeah, the maintenance banner would've most likely come this morning, however, the latest it has historically appeared has been 3:30 PM (2019).

1 hour ago, grfp throwaway said:

I had a feeling it would be tonight but with no maintance yet I don't think so. I think it's very possible we could be waiting until the end of next week.

I'm really hoping for tomorrow or this Thursday/Friday. But it's completely out of my control! As other people have mentioned, I don't really understand why the release date changes so much. They've already made decisions. Maybe just to increase the ~dramatic effect~

24 minutes ago, MicroMarianne said:

I'm really hoping for tomorrow or this Thursday/Friday. But it's completely out of my control! As other people have mentioned, I don't really understand why the release date changes so much. They've already made decisions. Maybe just to increase the ~dramatic effect~

Still throw me off about their upcoming events page, aside from the "busy" event schedule for tomorrow, there are "NSF GRFP Webinars" scheduled on the 3/31, 4/5, and 4/6 at different unis.

Page 1 of this thread has a post from someone mentioning that their friend heard April 4th was an info session for newly awarded students. Does anyone know from previous years how many days there typically are between the results release date and the info session? 

18 minutes ago, mightymito said:

Page 1 of this thread has a post from someone mentioning that their friend heard April 4th was an info session for newly awarded students. Does anyone know from previous years how many days there typically are between the results release date and the info session? 

That would be a great new column for the spreadsheet! Although I'm not sure how readily available that info is...

4 minutes ago, ThisNameIsTaken said:

Anyone wanna overanalyze the implications of the new Account Management info alert? Lol

My analysis is just that that's probably what the Friday (3/24) maintenance that whipped us all into a frenzy was actually about lol (since the alert mentions how the system will behave differently for "Meetings Created by NSF Staff After March 24.")