NSF GRFP 2022-2023

fellowshipstress

1 hour ago, AnxiousAeroEng said:

To be fair, the GRFP banner did not come until at least 9AM of the day of (April 3rd last year). Therefore, it would not be abnormal for this banner to not be there just yet.

So we basically wait for tomorrow morning and see if there is a GRFP banner.

I would keep my hopes low, but I cant help but get excited…. And at the same time I know that even if results do release tomorrow the chance I get it is small… so I know I should have my hopes doubly low

I'm trying to make the best of it. It may be overdone to say "not winning it doesn't mean you won't be a good scientist" etc, but it's overdone for a reason. Personally, I have plans regardless of whether I get it. I anticipate I'll be euphoric or extremely frustrated, but I can't (nobody can!) help the feelings. So, I'll take advantage of either to just keep developing the research I'm working on and enjoy the career and life that's developing from it. Good luck to all, but I hope that if this is a pivotal puzzle piece for you to get in to a school, work with an advisor, pursue a specific project, then double good luck! 

14 hours ago, cafemanager said:

I'm trying to make the best of it. It may be overdone to say "not winning it doesn't mean you won't be a good scientist" etc, but it's overdone for a reason. Personally, I have plans regardless of whether I get it. I anticipate I'll be euphoric or extremely frustrated, but I can't (nobody can!) help the feelings. So, I'll take advantage of either to just keep developing the research I'm working on and enjoy the career and life that's developing from it. Good luck to all, but I hope that if this is a pivotal puzzle piece for you to get in to a school, work with an advisor, pursue a specific project, then double good luck! 

Very well said! Yes, I’m already a grad student, I started this semester. So, I know I’m incredibly lucky to have funding… RA funding as well. 

And, I have dug back through the Wayback machine, and Friday-Saturday maintenance from 10pm-8am on Fastlane seems pretty normal, not all weeks have it, but many do. I wouldn’t get too excited about possible results tomorrow! Maintenance for results has only been to, at latest, 6am as well.

1 hour ago, indy101 said:

Sorry to be a downer but I don't think we will get results till early April like it says. The first April tuesday is my guess!

It’s possible it’s next week Tuesday, they’ve released it “early “ before. But yea… April 4 is probably more likely. Maybe just try to forget that the GRFP exists for the next week?

7 minutes ago, jongu said:

It’s possible it’s next week Tuesday, they’ve released it “early “ before. But yea… April 4 is probably more likely. Maybe just try to forget that the GRFP exists for the next week?

I regret remembering it exists - I was so much happier two weeks ago!

No way… for the first time last year they release results on Monday. Now results on a Saturday? 

Well, I’m setting an alarm for 4am or something so I can check the results 5 hours earlier than I would get an email (it’s totally worth it)

2 minutes ago, coughcoughcoffee said:

if so,,, that offered award list for 2023 will be filled by tomorrow morning if not really late tonight???

Look at the little spreadsheet going around. Seems like first results are posted somewhere between 11:00 pm to 5 am, but usually around 1-3 am ish. 

32 minutes ago, regenerate said:

My heart rate just shot up. I wish they'd announce the exact date results were going to be released rather than making us solve this like we're Sherlock.

Technically we are PhD's so we are supposed to have Sherlock-like tendencies. Maybe it is all part of the master plan.🥸