(Canada 2023) MPP/MPA Applications

sho.xo

Got an offer at McMaster’s digital policy MPA program with a scholarship today super happy. Still waiting on NPSIA “review in progress by department” and Carleton’s MPPA “recommended for assessment”. They haven’t indicated any specialization in my portal. Going to be hard to make decisions now 😂

Edited by Pinkyandthe_brain

13 minutes ago, boyyoudontknow said:

Just trying to get an idea of when I might get an admission decision. I had references and transcripts submitted in mid December but my CV and statements in at the end of January. When did most of you submit your complete applications? Does that mean I might not hear back until April/May?

Looking at the last few years' threads, it looks like most people heard back from McGill in March.

1 hour ago, Pinkyandthe_brain said:

In terms of McGill I didn’t get in. But, I had applied in September when applications opened. They had said during the information session that those who applied before November 15 would answer around the first week of January. Maybe this will help for your time frame. 

Thank you! I will monitor my email and the applicant portal. I am very tempted to email them but think I should hold off at least until next week.

Edited by boyyoudontknow

Hi all,

I just saw that my application for Carleton's MPPA updated to "review in progress by department" this afternoon - I'm crossing my fingers that we hear back this week!

I'm also waiting to hear back about the MPP programs at Munk, UCalgary, and JSGS (URegina campus).

Congratulations to all of those who have received good news so far!

On 2/27/2023 at 3:40 PM, londonfog246 said:

Hi all,

I just saw that my application for Carleton's MPPA updated to "review in progress by department" this afternoon - I'm crossing my fingers that we hear back this week!

I'm also waiting to hear back about the MPP programs at Munk, UCalgary, and JSGS (URegina campus).

Congratulations to all of those who have received good news so far!

Just got accepted this afternoon! Congrats to everyone else!

15 hours ago, londonfog246 said:

Just got accepted this afternoon! Congrats to everyone else!

Awesome, congratulations! Mine just changed to review in progress by department so hoping to hear back soon! How much funding did you get, if you dont mind me asking. 

On 2/27/2023 at 12:07 PM, boyyoudontknow said:

Just trying to get an idea of when I might get an admission decision. I had references and transcripts submitted in mid December but my CV and statements in at the end of January. When did most of you submit your complete applications? Does that mean I might not hear back until April/May?

Not necessarily. I submitted my applications sometime in January and uploaded all my supports documents on February 1st, just before the deadline. I've already heard back from Waterloo, and the rest of my applications are already under review my department. I'd expect for you to hear back sometime in March.  

25 minutes ago, Zaina said:

Awesome, congratulations! Mine just changed to review in progress by department so hoping to hear back soon! How much funding did you get, if you dont mind me asking. 

That's a great sign! I heard back the day after my application updated to "review in progress by dept" so you'll probably hear from them in the next little while

I received about $43,000 over the two years including TA placements. I am 99% sure I will accept the offer because I don't think anything will top this!

1 hour ago, londonfog246 said:

That's a great sign! I heard back the day after my application updated to "review in progress by dept" so you'll probably hear from them in the next little while

I received about $43,000 over the two years including TA placements. I am 99% sure I will accept the offer because I don't think anything will top this!

That is wonderful news, congratulations!! Definitely no topping this. 

3 hours ago, Zaina said:

Status just updated to review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs. The anticipation is killing me!!

7 minutes ago, Pinkyandthe_brain said:

For Carleton’s MPPA, mine went from recommended to assessment to review in progress by department this afternoon. What does that mean exactly? It’s making me nervous 😬 

it means you're very close to a decision! Mine is updating really fast too. My status is changing basically by the hour. The anticipation is real. 

Carleton is doing a much better job updating you all than McGill haha. Not sure if this is an appropriate place to ask, but what are your thoughts on working full-time while doing the MPPA/MPA/MPP? I have a good job and I'm concerned if I go back to school, I will be broke throughout and that I might not find a better job in this economy.

Edited by boyyoudontknow
Additional details

59 minutes ago, Carterl said:

Just received an offer from NPSIA today, but the funding isn't great, so I'm faced with a decision between that and an MA in Public and International Affairs at U Ottawa with slightly better funding. 

Congratulations! If you're okay with sharing, how much funding is NPSIA offering you?