(Canada 2023) MPP/MPA Applications

sho.xo

2 hours ago, Pinkyandthe_brain said:

Unfortunately, heard from McGill Max Bell. I didn't get into that one, but I'm not surprised as it's super competitive. I think they only get up to 35 students. Still waiting on NPSIA, Carleton's MPPA, and McMaster. Does anyone know when Carleton is likely to give answers? My application status say "review in progress by department" or "recommended for assessment" at Carleton. Those status definitions all sound the same to me haha

did you get a status update saying either or? 

20 hours ago, BlackEnchantment said:

Hello All. I have applied to MPPA program at Carleton. My status has changed from "Preliminary review required" to "Recommended for assessment". Any idea what does this mean ? And when does Carleton start sending out offers ?
Thank you!

The preliminary review is usually done by graduate admissions and they make sure you meet the minimum entry requirements (e.g., GPA, you submitted all your transcripts) and recommended for assessment would mean it's going to go to the actually program admissions committee for review/a decision. Generally, a good sign! Good luck!

Received the admission with $8000 funding from McGill Max Bell before Christmas last year.
But as I was still waiting for some other schools(U of T, Yale, Columbia), couldn't decide whether to accept the offer until last minute, given the deposit of $4000 is really robbing me.
Anyways, still took it on the very last day(Jan. 31) just in case. 

Received an offer from GSPIA this morning. I got a merit scholarship, but it does not mention anything about TA position. Does anyone know if this is normal for GSPIA?

Sure! I am just finishing off my undergrad in Economics with a CGPA of 3.72. Got a decent amount of ECs, one internship in government, research experience, and some volunteer experience during the elections. 

Still nothing from McMaster, NPSIA, and Carleton’s MPPA. Not sure I really understand the difference between recommended for assessment vs. Review in progress by department. The definitions sound pretty same to me on the website ? if anyone applied to McMaster they said “we hope to have responses ready mid to late February, but early March at the very latest.”

3 hours ago, Leo_30 said:

I received an offer for the MPPAL at York University last Friday (Feb 17). It is for part-time studies.  

Waiting on TMU.

Good luck everyone. 

Congratulations! I’m still waiting on the MPPAL - you mentioned before that you interviewed for a full-time spot, did you switch to part-time? Also, did you get an email or just an update on MyFile?

I got an email from the Graduate Program Administrator and an update on MyFile at the same time.

The MPPAL is a professional program so most students are working full-time and take the part-time option. So, I decided to go with part-time option.

Also, moving back to Toronto from Ottawa later this year for family reasons so I had to withdraw from the Carleton program.

Just waiting on TMU.