(Canada 2023) MPP/MPA Applications

sho.xo

I received an offer to Carleton's MPPA program today as well, with a great funding package! I am quite happy.

My application went from "Recommended for Assessment" to "Under Review by Faculty" on Monday, and then changed again to "Under Review by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" on Tuesday. I received my offer this morning :)

4 minutes ago, fuzzyppeach said:

I received an offer to Carleton's MPPA program today as well, with a great funding package! I am quite happy.

My application went from "Recommended for Assessment" to "Under Review by Faculty" on Monday, and then changed again to "Under Review by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" on Tuesday. I received my offer this morning :)

Congratulations!!! How much did you get if you don’t mind me asking  

Just now, Zaina said:

That’s awesome 🤗🤗 would you mind sharing your stats? 

Sure! I'm finishing up my Honours Bachelor of Arts have about a 3.79/4.0 GPA. I have over 2 years of paid and volunteer research experience. My research has centred on social policy-related fields and I am writing a policy-related honours thesis as well.

I work for the government in the FSWEP program now and have also worked for another department in the past. I am currently on the executive team of two clubs at my uni, one of which I run. I have experience working with my local MP as well. My reference letters were two profs that I've worked closely with over the years.

1 hour ago, Pinkyandthe_brain said:

Did you all receive an email? Or what it that you just check the Carleton 360 portal? Mine changed late yesterday to: “Under Review by the Facultyof Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" 😬.

I think it’s just an update on the 360 portal. I’m in the same boat as you. Waiting anxiously 

30 minutes ago, Zaina said:

I think it’s just an update on the 360 portal. I’m in the same boat as you. Waiting anxiously 

yes. You will get an update on the portal which will reflect the change.

You will also get an email from the university revealing the outcome of the decision: wether you've been approved or not.

9 minutes ago, prospectivegradstudent25 said:

yes. You will get an update on the portal which will reflect the change.

You will also get an email from the university revealing the outcome of the decision: wether you've been approved or not.

totally will not be refreshing my inbox every 10 minutes 😅 

I applied to the on-campus MPA program at UVic. Heard from their program advisor a few days ago that they are planning to start to release decisions for the on-campus program in early March and for the online MPA in late March if that is helpful to anyone. So I'm guessing some folks may hear for on-campus starting end of next week?

55 minutes ago, gweapons said:

Hi Folks, Congratulations to all those who are getting accepted. Has anyone applied to the Policy Studies program at U Calgary and other western schools?

I applied to USask, but the portal just closed yesterday so I do not expect to hear anything for a bit.

3 hours ago, boyyoudontknow said:

Thank you so much. I submitted my remaining items on January 31st, so I suspect they are reviewing in batches like in past years. Hopefully this means I'll hear back by end of month. Congratulations again :)

Yes that's what I am guessing as well! Best of luck! :) 

Just got an offer from NPSIA (anyone else got IEP?) with a great funding package. I think this will be the one for me. 

Best of luck to everyone else waiting on NPSIA. I think they are moving fast with the offers now.