MSW FALL 2023!!!

coolbeans93

1 hour ago, caseworker12 said:

I saw a couple people have heard back from Columbia. Is anyone else still waiting? Or has everyone heard back?

They called me just a bit ago asking for my latest transcript (I applied during my final semester last fall). Hopefully good news if they're asking for it! 

25 minutes ago, Valar_Morghulis said:

They called me just a bit ago asking for my latest transcript (I applied during my final semester last fall). Hopefully good news if they're asking for it! 

are you applying for advanced standing?

Edited by Melisaa

Just now, Melisaa said:

Did they say when we should expect to receive a decision?

I kinda mentioned something to the effect of "I hope if I'm getting this call that means I might have good news!" lol. She laughed and said she couldn't confirm anything on the phone. But, she sounded positive on the phone. So, it sounds like they're working to get people's letters out. Judging by the others students posts and the call I got. 

I've been lurking, but I just received my acceptance from UCLA! I got the email notification on Fri at 11pm PST lol. I have no idea the logic behind sending decisions at such odd hours, but I'm supremely happy as it's my second choice. I'm wishing everyone so much luck with this cycle!

5 hours ago, Flan said:

I've been lurking, but I just received my acceptance from UCLA! I got the email notification on Fri at 11pm PST lol. I have no idea the logic behind sending decisions at such odd hours, but I'm supremely happy as it's my second choice. I'm wishing everyone so much luck with this cycle!

Wow, congratulations! Can I ask - did you apply for a fellowship? And when did you submit your app?

5 hours ago, futurelcsw23 said:

Wow, congratulations! Can I ask - did you apply for a fellowship? And when did you submit your app?

Thank you! I applied on Dec. 14 to be eligible for GOFP consideration. I don't know if I was chosen, so I'm waiting for Financial Aid & Scholarships to update on my portal. I haven't applied for other fellowships or scholarships at this point.

On 2/24/2023 at 3:36 PM, Valar_Morghulis said:

I kinda mentioned something to the effect of "I hope if I'm getting this call that means I might have good news!" lol. She laughed and said she couldn't confirm anything on the phone. But, she sounded positive on the phone. So, it sounds like they're working to get people's letters out. Judging by the others students posts and the call I got. 

Did you end up hearing after this? I called admissions on Fri and they said I would have a decision by the end of the day but still no word 😭

Just now, eas778 said:

Ah got it, do you think we'll hear today? The wait is killing me haha. When did you submit your app by?

I'm hoping I hear back today, but who knows! I submitted my app on 12/1.

Luckily for me, UMich was my primary pick and I got in. So that's taken away some of the anxiety of waiting. Columbia is also the least accessible school for me in terms of cost of living and tuition. Breaking down all the costs of Columbia, even for a one-year advanced standing student is shocking. But who knows, maybe Columbia offers some competitive funding opportunities after acceptance. 

4 minutes ago, Valar_Morghulis said:

I'm hoping I hear back today, but who knows! I submitted my app on 12/1.

Luckily for me, UMich was my primary pick and I got in. So that's taken away some of the anxiety of waiting. Columbia is also the least accessible school for me in terms of cost of living and tuition. Breaking down all the costs of Columbia, even for a one-year advanced standing student is shocking. But who knows, maybe Columbia offers some competitive funding opportunities after acceptance. 

Got it, that's great! I'm in a similar boat where i have another option that would be more accessible cost wise but i think the waiting is really getting to me. I just want an answer so i can move on lol. Let's hope today is the day!

1 hour ago, Valar_Morghulis said:

Still no word as of now! Hoping to hear back shortly..

Still haven't heard back either. I also applied for advanced standing. Really hoping to hear back this week. They are the only program I haven't heard from yet and I'm ready to just start planning my future

2 minutes ago, caseworker12 said:

Still haven't heard back either. I also applied for advanced standing. Really hoping to hear back this week. They are the only program I haven't heard from yet and I'm ready to just start planning my future

Right there with you. The lease in my current apartment is up in May and I have to plan all of this in such a short amount of time!!

26 minutes ago, caseworker12 said:

I also applied for advanced standing. I think they are going to release decisions for all advanced standing applicants at the same time.

29 minutes ago, caseworker12 said:

Did they ask for your transcript lately?

2 hours ago, AshleyG said:

I called this morning and they said I probably won't hear til late next week. 

Shoooot, really? Ugh, I may need to ask other schools for more time because their response deadlines are coming up! When did you apply?