Results 2023

Slurricane

Not too early. It's awfully quiet around here. Only applied to three PhD programs myself, plus a few MA programs (because I'm pretty sure I need to strengthen my app), but that doesn't mean I'm not refreshing the results page too much. Good luck to you!

4 hours ago, playfulghost said:

Didn't apply there, but looks like it's often the last week of Jan. when acceptances/interviews start showing up on the board. Good luck to you.

Fingers crossed. Where are you applying to? What's your (hopeful) AOC?

12 minutes ago, Gitbashed said:

Fingers crossed. Where are you applying to? What's your (hopeful) AOC?

AOC - Ethics and moral psychology. PhDs - Maryland, Villanova, Temple. MAs - American, GW, Mason. Plus I threw Notre Dame into the mix because… why not?  So, four PhDs I guess. I’m quite a bit older so looking to stay close to the DC area, where I live, if I can. Hopkins was on my list but I couldn’t get my last recommendation in place before the deadline. What’s your AOC?

Just now, playfulghost said:

AOC - Ethics and moral psychology. PhDs - Maryland, Villanova, Temple. MAs - American, GW, Mason. Plus I threw Notre Dame into the mix because… why not?  So, four PhDs I guess. I’m quite a bit older so looking to stay close to the DC area, where I live, if I can. Hopkins was on my list but I couldn’t get my last recommendation in place before the deadline. What’s your AOC?

Philosophy of science primarily. With some related interests in ethics of the practical sciences, and metaphysics of science.

2 hours ago, confider123 said:

Hey all,

Has anyone heard from WashU in St Louis? I saw that two people were admitted already, but it's still dead silence for me.

I didn't apply there, but I've seen a couple of posts on the results page for interviews today.

2 minutes ago, playfulghost said:

Saw an interview on the board for Duke today. Hoping that was yours, or that you hear something positive today!

Not me, but really happy for who ever it is. Still holding out that my acceptance email is coming today since it's still somewhat early in the morning (it probably is not). ? Waiting until March to hear back from all these schools might kill me lol. It's so weird how quiet the philosophy forum and acceptances are.

Just now, Gitbashed said:

Not me, but really happy for who ever it is. Still holding out that my acceptance email is coming today since it's still somewhat early in the morning (it probably is not). ? Waiting until March to hear back from all these schools might kill me lol. It's so weird how quiet the philosophy forum and acceptances are.

Maybe it's just a very quiet, contemplative group, and nobody is stressing. :)

Most of my programs won't even notify for a couple more weeks, I think, based on past results. But I still like seeing the results as they come in for other programs. Keeps me grounded, plus I like thinking about the story behind each one. So much goes into this for so many people.

9 hours ago, confider123 said:

Update: wait listed at WUSTL

Still haven't heard back from Duke though. Has anyone received an email from them?

Haven’t heard from Duke either. I’m going to hold off until the end of next week and if I don’t hear anything, I’ll assume it’s a rejection.

seeing a lot of results posted for UChicago. Assuming a rejection there, but not devastated. It wasn’t the best fit for me anyway.

14 hours ago, Gitbashed said:

Haven’t heard from Duke either. I’m going to hold off until the end of next week and if I don’t hear anything, I’ll assume it’s a rejection.

seeing a lot of results posted for UChicago. Assuming a rejection there, but not devastated. It wasn’t the best fit for me anyway.

I'm sorry to hear about UChicago, though it doesn't seem like it was your top-choice.

Also, I really hope Duke doesn't reject the both of us. I don't know about you, but it was my top-choice and I thought I was a good fit for the program. I'm currently doing my Master's on the same topics as two professors there, and I even met one of them in a conference last year. I thought I was relatively safe, but now it seems like I wasn't. sad sigh

I'm glad this thread is here. It's nice to know I'm not the only one biting my nails off.

I applied to 22 PhD programs. So far, I've been waitlisted by WashU and accepted by Ohio State. (I concur with Gitbashed that it is nice to know I won't have to quit philosophy just yet.) 

I think the next decisions I'll get will be from the University of Wisconsin, Madison and Yale.

Does anyone know if there is a list somewhere that orders PhD programs by their typical decision dates? Because that would be really helpful (you know, since obsessing about things I can't control is so fantastic for my mental health).

On 1/31/2023 at 10:27 AM, GradStudent987 said:

I'm glad this thread is here. It's nice to know I'm not the only one biting my nails off.

I applied to 22 PhD programs. So far, I've been waitlisted by WashU and accepted by Ohio State. (I concur with Gitbashed that it is nice to know I won't have to quit philosophy just yet.) 

I think the next decisions I'll get will be from the University of Wisconsin, Madison and Yale.

Does anyone know if there is a list somewhere that orders PhD programs by their typical decision dates? Because that would be really helpful (you know, since obsessing about things I can't control is so fantastic for my mental health).

I’ve been going off of previous years’ notification dates. Hoping we both get good news from Wisconsin.