Results 2023

Slurricane

On 2/3/2023 at 4:17 PM, GradStudent987 said:

Did anyone else recieve a cryptic email from Florida State this afternoon telling you that your application is still under review? What is this supposed to mean? (I sure hoped it was under review this whole time.)

Yep. I thought it was a rejection lol 

Well, I haven't heard from Florida State or Michigan, so I am presuming those are rejections. Congrats to those who got in! 1a/2w/2r/16p

This process is pretty nerve-racking; does anyone have suggestions for how not to think about admissions decisions constantly? I'm having trouble focusing on most things. (I'm even having trouble reading philosophy.)

3 hours ago, GradStudent987 said:

Well, I haven't heard from Florida State or Michigan, so I am presuming those are rejections. Congrats to those who got in! 1a/2w/2r/16p

This process is pretty nerve-racking; does anyone have suggestions for how not to think about admissions decisions constantly? I'm having trouble focusing on most things. (I'm even having trouble reading philosophy.)

Yoga and meditation!

On 2/14/2023 at 4:43 PM, Ber12 said:

Hey y'all. Has anybody heard back from Tufts yet? I saw somebody post an acceptance a few days ago and I haven't heard anything. Just assuming that's a rejection lol

also haven't heard back from tufts - im still holding out hope tho ?

i feel like my inbox has been unsettlingly quiet. stony brook, tufts, uic (?), have all had people posting here but still no contact for me. i was feeling that with notre dame's hps program but they axed me a few days ago. 

im waitlisted at my top choice and accepted at my safety so im in a relatively safe position at least but im still checking my email so so much... the anticipation is the worst lol

13 hours ago, hopefully23 said:

also haven't heard back from tufts - im still holding out hope tho ?

i feel like my inbox has been unsettlingly quiet. stony brook, tufts, uic (?), have all had people posting here but still no contact for me. i was feeling that with notre dame's hps program but they axed me a few days ago. 

im waitlisted at my top choice and accepted at my safety so im in a relatively safe position at least but im still checking my email so so much... the anticipation is the worst lol

Wow, we’re twins. I’ve heard basically nothing, even from places that some have gotten rejections already. No clue going on.

I also got in to my safety. Interview upcoming at a top choice.

8 minutes ago, GradStudent987 said:

Officially rejected by MIT today, "high" on the waitlist for UVA. 1a/3w/3r/14p 

Haven't heard from CU Boulder at all, if that's helpful information for anyone waiting on an answer from them.

When did you hear back from UVA?

2 hours ago, Gitbashed said:

Really need some good news this week. Too many rejections back to back. 🥲🍹

feeling that. at this point i just want the luxury of getting to choose where i go, not just end up at my safety. (god do i know im lucky to have an acceptance at this stage! and yet i want more...)

12 hours ago, hopefully23 said:

feeling that. at this point i just want the luxury of getting to choose where i go, not just end up at my safety. (god do i know im lucky to have an acceptance at this stage! and yet i want more...)

Yep, this is exactly it. In at my safety, and it's a good fit for me. Have no room to complain... and yet.

18 minutes ago, Outis01 said:

Has anyone heard anything more about Notre Dame's HPS? I have a friend applying who hasn't heard anything back, but I know there's been some rejections already.

yeah, i got rejected already, its been about a week or two now. i would feel comfortable asking for an update since theres been a handful of results already! 

for my own shit though, seeing that one result from university of washington in the forum has got me QUAKING. fingers crossed ill wake up to news! hopefully good news! 

I've been officially rejected by CUNY and CU Boulder, waitlisted by UofA, and accepted by Purdue since I last posted. That's 2a/4w/5r/10p counting only official results, 2a/4w/9r/6p counting presumed rejections (i.e. schools from whom I haven't heard but who have already accepted and waitlisted several applicants). 

Looks like I won't get an offer from Notre Dame at this point. I'm really holding out hope that I'll end up on the waitlist. Notre Dame is my first choice by, like, a thousand miles.

Is it just me or is it taking extra long to hear back from most places?

I say that and then I'll get five rejection emails tonight right before I go to bed. Not that I'm deterministic!  I just know the universe's games.

1 hour ago, playfulghost said:

Is it just me or is it taking extra long to hear back from most places?

I say that and then I'll get five rejection emails tonight right before I go to bed. Not that I'm deterministic!  I just know the universe's games.

Did you get the five rejections yet? 😁