Took GRE Again

The Man Who Is Thursday

Figured I'd say thank you to those of you who urged me to take the test again. I took it again today and I raised my score from 580V/640Q to 660V/700Q

I'll never understand how I got that high on the math (a one-armed, blind chimpanzee is better than me at math), but hey! Whatever works!

Edited by The Man Who Is Thursday

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask how you studied for the retake? (I'm retaking in a couple weeks.)

Oddly enough, I didn't really study much for the second time through (mostly because I just didn't have much time available for it). I studied a lot for the first one, and I think I might have crammed too much and my score suffered.

What I did do for the second, however, was focus more on the Verbal. I did exercises from Kaplan's online GRE course, and I reviewed a long list of vocabulary that I had accumulated over the past several months. If you're looking for a book that might help with brushing up on both categories (especially the math), I'd suggest GRE for Dummies. I felt like an idiot buying the thing, but that was a really helpful book. So if you don't mind buying something with "For Dummies" in the title, then go for it. :P

Otherwise, I think the best advice is what people here told me: don't worry too much.

Figured I'd say thank you to those of you who urged me to take the test again. I took it again today and I raised my score from 580V/640Q to 660V/700Q

I'll never understand how I got that high on the math (a one-armed, blind chimpanzee is better than me at math), but hey! Whatever works!

Awesome, those are great scores! Congratulations!