PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

15 minutes ago, EpiCurvesandCrochet said:

That’s my track too. I saw one person on this thread say they checked the portal and were waitlisted. I haven’t seen anyone here confirm acceptance at this time. I hope we both get acceptances tomorrow 🤞🏻 

Here's to hoping...Though I think some wallowing, self-pity, and adult beverages are in my near future. RIP abstract deadlines.☠️

Hello Everyone.

I have been wait-listed for the Global Health Policy and Evaluation track.

3 hours ago, DrPH2024 said:

Rooting for you! ❤️

1 hour ago, Ikigai1896 said:

I’m almost certain you’re accepted or WL by jhu considering the pattern of them sending out emails (non-rejections today apparently) 

Thank you everyone. I have been wait-listed for the JHU DrPH Global Health: Evaluation and Policy track. I don't know how the wait listing works and how long we have to wait for a definite answer, but my experience with previous wait lists has not been good. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. And good luck to everyone who is still waiting for their results.

9 minutes ago, Squashplayer000 said:

Hello Everyone.

I have been wait-listed for the Global Health Policy and Evaluation track.

Thank you everyone. I have been wait-listed for the JHU DrPH Global Health: Evaluation and Policy track. I don't know how the wait listing works and how long we have to wait for a definite answer, but my experience with previous wait lists has not been good. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. And good luck to everyone who is still waiting for their results.

I need a straight rejection or acceptance letter, I don't think my nerves can handle being wait-listed at this point. Just rip the band-aid off already! 😂 But seriously speaking, at least with being waitlisted you still have an opportunity to get in, so don't completely give up yet!

13 hours ago, Ologyswan said:

I also applied to health security - although I've been waitlisted. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks @Ologyswan....I too have been waitlisted. Not holding my breath, as I was waitlisted last time I applied and it did not amount to anything. I think its a 'soft no.'

9 hours ago, theboss90 said:

I don't think all acceptance and waitlists are in either. Unless someone has posted and I missed it - Health Policy and Quality Management & Safety tracks (part of HPM concentration) did not go out. Also I didn't see Women Repro. Fingers crossed!

9 hours ago, PublicSci said:

Here's to hoping...Though I think some wallowing, self-pity, and adult beverages are in my near future. RIP abstract deadlines.☠️

Nothing is final until the email is out (though that didn’t keep me from being awake in bed all night). As this person said, I am not sure they released all decisions yesterday and I think that includes our track - I hope! I am going to grab some of my favorite foods today and if there’s good news it will be a celebratory meal and if there’s bad news it will be comfort food. No matter what, know we will all be okay 🩷 Thinking of all my JHU peeps who are still waiting on news and sending good vibes. 

oh I see all the tracks are posted now- sending hugs to everyone. 

Edited by EpiCurvesandCrochet
Saw additional posts

Hi, I received it Monday 3/4. I received an email to check the portal. 

@lkigai1896, sorry I thought I hit reply but I didn't paste the quote. This response is for you. 

Edited by epi515me
tagging the person I was responding to

11 hours ago, PublicSci said:

I need a straight rejection or acceptance letter, I don't think my nerves can handle being wait-listed at this point. Just rip the band-aid off already! 😂 But seriously speaking, at least with being waitlisted you still have an opportunity to get in, so don't completely give up yet!

4 hours ago, Atila said:

I feel the same .  Ref WL equals soft no 😥

11 hours ago, onelastshot said:

Thanks @Ologyswan....I too have been waitlisted. Not holding my breath, as I was waitlisted last time I applied and it did not amount to anything. I think its a 'soft no.'

I too feel being wait-listed is like a No. I don't see a lot of people passing on JHU DrPH for the spots to open up for wait-listed candidates. One or two individuals maybe, but not a lot.

1 minute ago, Squashplayer000 said:

I too feel being wait-listed is like a No. I don't see a lot of people passing on JHU DrPH for the spots to open up for wait-listed candidates. One or two individuals maybe, but not a lot.

While I think you’re right I wouldn’t lose hope yet- the reason being that DrPh (as opposed to PhD) is not funded.. so unfortunately sometimes people have to pass on the opportunity based on personal circumstances and fellowship availability. I hope everything works out for everyone, and I respect your realistic view of the process (having been through this), but don’t lose hope until you there’s reason to! :) 

3 minutes ago, Ikigai1896 said:

While I think you’re right I wouldn’t lose hope yet- the reason being that DrPh (as opposed to PhD) is not funded.. so unfortunately sometimes people have to pass on the opportunity based on personal circumstances and fellowship availability. I hope everything works out for everyone, and I respect your realistic view of the process (having been through this), but don’t lose hope until you there’s reason to! :) 

Thank you so much. This season has been a lot better than the previous year particularly because of this forum and amazing people like you that have been a great support. I hope and pray that somehow, all of us make it.

16 minutes ago, theboss90 said:

I am still holding on to hope that not all acceptances and waitlists have come out yet. I am not seeing all HPM tracks out or Women's repro in the Results page either. Still early in the day! Going to be an optimist for the next few hours 🙂

Same - I am hoping they are just slowly rolling them out with no rhyme or reason to it.