PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

9 minutes ago, fromtheorytopractice said:

Re: Tulane DrPH — I was accepted today via email at 4:12 p.m. ET to check the Application Status Portal. I don't know if all decisions went out today (I haven't checked the results page), but when I was waitlisted last year, I remember the email came on a Friday (March 10, 2023).

Congratulations!!!!!! That's very exciting especially to have the tenacity to apply again and go from waitlisted to accepted. Awesome!

I didn't know there was a portal. Did the email come with a link? 

19 minutes ago, Mamitis said:

Congratulations!!!!!! That's very exciting especially to have the tenacity to apply again and go from waitlisted to accepted. Awesome!

I was just going to ask about this mysterious portal that I don’t have access to. 

Edited by texaspublichealthgirl

3 minutes ago, texaspublichealthgirl said:

So was just about to ask about this mysterious portal that I don’t have access to. 

6 minutes ago, Mamitis said:

I didn't know there was a portal either....however I googled it and came to this link. I made a log in and it does show my SOPHAS application, etc. Status just says "Submitted!"

EDIT: I tried pasting the link but my comment wasn't approved. It was the first result in my google search. Hope that helps!

Edited by ARPH

27 minutes ago, texaspublichealthgirl said:

I was just going to ask about this mysterious portal that I don’t have access to. 

It appears to be an admitted students portal that is created if you’re accepted to the program. I didn’t have access to the portal before today. 

8 hours ago, Veera_DrPH said:

Anyone heard back from JHU's Bloomberg Fellows Program? It seems like MPH applicants are starting to get notified. Curious if DrPH applicants have heard anything yet?

I got an email regarding the fellowship on March 15 last year. Reapplied this year, so hoping it comes out at least around the same time this year. 

Hey guys, I have applied for the 2024 Doctoral Degree program in Epidemiology at UCI. But I still have not received any updates or interviews. I just got an email that they will have a graduate admit day on March 15. Does it mean I have already been rejected? Does anyone get interview from UCI and know what they will ask?

On 2/27/2024 at 10:09 AM, PhDPursuit said:

Is it normal to get invited to their Graduate Admit Date even when you haven't heard back? Last Friday, everyone seemed to hear back from UCI, but I haven't. I was interviewed and assuming I got rejected. All the 3 people who got admitted seem to got accepted into better programs, so I am positive sure that they will turn down their offers at UCI. 

I received an email regarding Admit Date on February 16. But I don't get any updates, no interview, nothing. Does it mean I am rejected? I applied phd of epidemiology.

Hi! So I  actually have access to the mysterious portal lol but I  haven't received a rejection or admission offer yet. I  went to Tulane for grad school, and completed my M.S there. This is their first year using SOPHAS for all SPHTM degrees, previously the DrPH app was submitted directly via the Tulane Grad App Portal. So - basically, after submission to SOPHAS, they linked my masters application and documents, as well as my full DrPH application to my profile in the "portal", sort of like an automatic transfer. I  assume I  have access to it still because I'm a Tulane Alum, but please don't lose hope, keep your head up. It's not over until you get that official decision!!

8 minutes ago, mandycandy said:

Hi! So I  actually have access to the mysterious portal lol but I  haven't received a rejection or admission offer yet. I  went to Tulane for grad school, and completed my M.S there. This is their first year using SOPHAS for all SPHTM degrees, previously the DrPH app was submitted directly via the Tulane Grad App Portal. So - basically, after submission to SOPHAS, they linked my masters application and documents, as well as my full DrPH application to my profile in the "portal", sort of like an automatic transfer. I  assume I  have access to it still because I'm a Tulane Alum, but please don't lose hope, keep your head up. It's not over until you get that official decision!!

@texaspublichealthgirl sorry I  meant to reply to your message - hope this helps!❤️ I've been anxiously waiting to hear back from Tulane as well, it's the only school I  applied to so we're in the same boat.

1 hour ago, srhpublichealth8 said:

Just got my first acceptance yesterday, after being waitlisted! Shed a few tears and am still in shock. For others on the waitlist, don’t give up hope yet! And thank you to all the super supportive applicants on this forum too; you helped alleviate some of the mountainous  these past few months🥹

Congratulations. Its amazing news. If you don't mind me asking, which school is this? I am waitlisted by JHU.

8 hours ago, Kaneki said:

I received an email regarding Admit Date on February 16. But I don't get any updates, no interview, nothing. Does it mean I am rejected? I applied phd of epidemiology.

There were two emails. The first invitation does not ask for you to RSVP. The second one does. If you received the second one, then you got in. Contact their grad program and they will notify you. I was notified a few days later after some of the other applicants. 

17 hours ago, aDrPH said:

Received a rejection from Hopkins HE/SJ yesterday and an acceptance from Tulane DrPH today! What a whirlwind

Here are my results for all the schools I applied to:

UIC DrPH - accepted

GW DrPH - accepted

Tulane DrPH - accepted

UMD PhD - accepted

Hopkins DrPH- rejected

May I ask what your background is? Masters or no masters? Work experience? Etc. 

7 minutes ago, texaspublichealthgirl said:

Relief! Thank you!!! This was a rough week so glad there is still hope. 

Of course :) I called this morning concerned and I think the lady who answered picked up on it lol and told me it's coming out in batches, so I felt a whole lot better as well!! 

8 minutes ago, texaspublichealthgirl said:

Relief! Thank you!!! This was a rough week so glad there is still hope. 

Oh man. Same.

10 minutes ago, mandycandy said:

Just an FYI..Tulane admissions has confirmed that they are doing a batch system this year for DrPH decisions - so everything is not coming out at once. Hope this helps.

Thank you for doing that legwork. I appreciate you, mandycandy. Very, very best of luck to all. 

13 hours ago, fromtheorytopractice said:

Re: Tulane DrPH — I was accepted today via email at 4:12 p.m. ET to check the Application Status Portal. I don't know if all decisions went out today (I haven't checked the results page), but when I was waitlisted last year, I remember the email came on a Friday (March 10, 2023).

Can I ask what your background is? Masters? Work experience? Etc. Thank you! 

44 minutes ago, mandycandy said:

Of course :) I called this morning concerned and I think the lady who answered picked up on it lol and told me it's coming out in batches, so I felt a whole lot better as well!! 

Oh I'm so glad to hear that. WHEW!

2 hours ago, Mamitis said:

Oh man. Same.

Thank you for doing that legwork. I appreciate you, mandycandy. Very, very best of luck to all. 

2 hours ago, mandycandy said:

I just heard back from Tulane: rejected, unfortunately. Extremely generic statement. Wishing the rest of you better news! One down, one to go. 

16 minutes ago, BZG said:

Rejected from Tulane. Which I'm ok with the tuition did not seem worth it.

I'm glad you have other options, BZG! Makes these losses easy to cut. Thanks for the generosity of your update. 

16 minutes ago, ARPH said:

I just heard back from Tulane: rejected, unfortunately. Extremely generic statement. Wishing the rest of you better news! One down, one to go. 

I'm sorry, ARPH! I hope the next news is the news you need. Good luck and thank you for posting.