PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

9 minutes ago, mw1234 said:

Have any Drexel peeps gotten any updates? I'm dying over here lol

Emailed a few weeks ago and got the rejection the same day

I got an email from Brown Epi saying I was rejected after being put on the waitlist. I thought that was soon given the decision deadline isn’t until April 15th. Does that mean everyone has accepted already?

4 hours ago, MDA24 said:

Is anyone else attending the admit day at UC Irvine this week? 

do you get the acceptance of UCI? you apply public health or epidemiology?

Happy for those who committed or admitted to your dream school and program. Feel the same for those who wait listed/ waiting for results/ waiting for funding confirmation. I was interviewed and waiting result from BU DrPH. I wrote an email to school admin but no response. I need to move on so I am thinking to write another email. 

7 hours ago, Atila said:

Happy for those who committed or admitted to your dream school and program. Feel the same for those who wait listed/ waiting for results/ waiting for funding confirmation. I was interviewed and waiting result from BU DrPH. I wrote an email to school admin but no response. I need to move on so I am thinking to write another email. 

Im also waiting on BU. Interviewed with them mid-January. Fingers crossed for us!

9 hours ago, Atila said:

1 hour ago, MiggyMigs said:

Im also waiting on BU. Interviewed with them mid-January. Fingers crossed for us!

Hi! Good to know there are others in the same boat. Do we know if they already accepted some folks to BU yet? Possibly soft waitlisted? 

58 minutes ago, DrPHhopeful2024 said:

Congrats! Same here, I also received my USF acceptance email around 11:50am ET. 

I was rejected and am gutted! They basically said I was in during the interview 

1 minute ago, DrPHhopeful2024 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I was hoping that everyone who got to the interview stage would be accepted...

Ty for your sympathy. I already ordered a sweatshirt from etsy, now it will just collect my tears when it arrives 😭 I wish I knew where I went wrong

31 minutes ago, DrPH2024 said:

Ty for your sympathy. I already ordered a sweatshirt from etsy, now it will just collect my tears when it arrives 😭 I wish I knew where I went wrong

Oh goodness, I’m so sorry to hear this. I have reached out to programs I was rejected from and asked what would have made me a stronger candidate. Sometimes it’s canned responses but sometimes it’s helpful. 

Edited by texaspublichealthgirl

6 hours ago, RedHibiscus said:

Congrats to those who have been accepted! I applied to Georgia Southern, interviewed, and was waitlisted. Wondering if anyone else has heard from them? 

Yes I did. I was rejected.

10 hours ago, MiggyMigs said:

8 hours ago, PublicHealthSLP said:

Hi! Good to know there are others in the same boat. Do we know if they already accepted some folks to BU yet? Possibly soft waitlisted? 

I just received decision letter from BU and I was waitlisted. It’ hurts me a bit. 

23 minutes ago, Atila said:

I just received decision letter from BU and I was waitlisted. It’ hurts me a bit. 

I’m sorry to hear that, but don’t lose hope. I haven’t received anything yet.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:31 PM, sandia_sunflower said:

I got an email regarding the fellowship on March 15 last year. Reapplied this year, so hoping it comes out at least around the same time this year. 

Has anyone heard about the Bloomberg Fellowship yet? It's been crickets on my end.