PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

Just now, texaspublichealthgirl said:

Same here! Love how they only have two days this week with limited options lolĀ 

I was thinking that meant they're only interviewing a handful? Maybe we're tier 1??šŸ˜Ž

On 3/3/2024 at 9:12 AM, Maydayx said:

How are my JHU DrPH comrades holding up?

Ā 

23 hours ago, wurtzite said:

Trying to stay hopeful, doing my best to distract myself until Mon/Tues.

Ā 

20 hours ago, DrPH2024 said:

As sad as it is I'm glad I'm not going through the wait/torture alone. I took Friday off cuz I know I'd be a mess, but it's not like I'm about to take off this whole week!

Ā 

4 hours ago, Ikigai1896 said:

Best of luck everyoneā¤ļø I know this week might feel tense, but atleast it feels good to know how close we are to knowingĀ 

Ā 

On 3/2/2024 at 11:37 AM, dragonfly2024 said:

OK, me too. I was looking at the wrong page. Crisis averted.

Ā 

On 3/1/2024 at 1:34 PM, Ologyswan said:

Mine says "under review"

Ā 

On 3/1/2024 at 1:20 PM, _kita said:

Under Review.

Hey! Has anyone reached out to Hopkins to ask about decisions dates? I just went off of previous years with the March 1st, but I realized I never checked in with anyone in admissions. So I was wondering if ya'll had done so.Ā 

9 minutes ago, Mamitis said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hey! Has anyone reached out to Hopkins to ask about decisions dates? I just went off of previous years with the March 1st, but I realized I never checked in with anyone in admissions. So I was wondering if ya'll had done so.Ā 

I have not but am also intriguedĀ 

1 minute ago, Mamitis said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Nope! I had gone off of the previous years and their website that says, "Communications of offers: Early March." Going through the results searches over the last few years:

Here's the spread I see on here:

• 2023: March 1st (Wednesday)
  • 2022: March 1-3rd (Tuesday-Thursday)
  • 2021: March 2nd (Tuesday)
  • 2020: March 3rd (Tuesday)
  • 2019: March 11th (Monday)
  • 2018: March 7th (Wednesday)

2019 is an outlier, I'm not sure if that was someone waitlisted or they pushed back acceptances that year from COVID? Either way, without calling, my assumption on previous trends are we should hear back this week.

Just now, _kita said:

Nope! I had gone off of the previous years and their website that says, "Communications of offers: Early March." Going through the results searches over the last few years:

2019 is an outlier, I'm not sure if that was someone waitlisted or they pushed back acceptances that year from COVID? Either way, without calling, my assumption on previous trends are we should hear back this week.

You're an angel for summarizing this!

7 minutes ago, _kita said:

With this level of investigative detail, you're a shoo-in for the program! :)Ā Thank you! ATP, I just want it over with.Ā 

9 minutes ago, DrPH2024 said:

You're an angel for summarizing this!

No problem. It would be far more efficient for someone to call, but I just never have the energy for that!Ā šŸ˜…

Edited by _kita
typo

On 3/1/2024 at 6:41 PM, Cvdepi321 said:

Do you think itā€™s worth reaching out to admissions if we havenā€™t heard anything? I interviewed but am still waiting so anxious to hear back

Not sure if you ended up reaching out. But if it makes you feel better I also interviewed and haven't heard anything yet...definitely feeling the anxiety too!

1 hour ago, _kita said:

This is great! Thanks for this. I truly hope they tell us soonā€¦ I havenā€™t been able to concentrate since Thursday evening! I hope everyone in this thread is hanging in there and that we all get good news soon!!Ā 

2 hours ago, _kita said:

No problem. It would be far more efficient for someone to call, but I just never have the energy for that!Ā šŸ˜…

I called! There are no decisions released yet or date decided however we could hear sometime this week (no guarantee). Once decisions are made we will get an email to check the portal.

4 minutes ago, wurtzite said:

I called! There are no decisions released yet or date decided however we could hear sometime this week (no guarantee). Once decisions are made we will get an email to check the portal.

Too highly qualified applicants! We're giving them a run for their money.Ā šŸ˜†

Hi! Have been lurking on the forum and wanted to keep tabs. Has anyone heard back from or interviewed with the Epi programs for Boston University or the population health program at Northeastern University? I have not heard back (or been interviewed) from either yet.Ā 

49 minutes ago, Ikigai1896 said:

Hey- did you receive an email? Idk why but since submitting in SOPHAS I didnā€™t even get a mail to a portal..

Yes I got an email to check portal. In November after submitting to SOPHAS I got an email about portal set upĀ 

1 hour ago, wurtzite said:

Thanks for calling! Hopefully it is this week. My anxiety is through the roof haha. How are my other JHU folks holding up?Ā 

24 minutes ago, EpiCurvesandCrochet said:

Thanks for calling! Hopefully it is this week. My anxiety is through the roof haha. How are my other JHU folks holding up?Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, wurtzite said:

Vaguely reassured

1 minute ago, DrPH2024 said:

Ā 

Vaguely reassured

Not sure if this will help but I did just get an email back.

"Thank you for your interest in the DrPH program at BSPH! Admissions decisions will be sent out at the beginning of March. "

Ā 

(Vagueness intensifies)

2 hours ago, epiph123 said:

Hi! Have been lurking on the forum and wanted to keep tabs. Has anyone heard back from or interviewed with the Epi programs for Boston University or the population health program at Northeastern University? I have not heard back (or been interviewed) from either yet.Ā 

Hi! Are you referring to thw PhD Epi program at Boston Univ? If so, there will be an event on Wednesday for admitted students.

Edited by Qantu

26 minutes ago, Qantu said:

Hi! Are you referring to thw PhD Epi program at Boston Univ? If so, there will be an event on Wednesday for admitted students.

Any updates about DrPH program? I havenā€™t heard anything from them since the interview .. šŸ˜„šŸ™

4 minutes ago, Atila said:

Any updates about DrPH program? I havenā€™t heard anything from them since the interview .. šŸ˜„šŸ™

Same :(Ā I did see an acceptance a week or so ago on the main page. Not sure what to think.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Atila said:

Oh! I understand that. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the DrPH program. Hope you get in!Ā