PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

UIC is still under review for me. I submitted in late dec. Have they sent out all the acceptances? Anyone applying to LLU? I contacted Georgia Southern about my denial but haven't received anything back.😮‍💨

38 minutes ago, Veera_DrPH said:

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

Nothing here either on the Bloomberg fellowship. I had been relatively calm through most of this process and then tried not to get hopeful or worked up about this fellowship due to the competitive nature. But here I am hopeful and worked up hanging on every email notification. I think I’m just very ready to get to make a decision. Calming vibes and good luck to you both.

On 3/15/2024 at 1:52 PM, BZG said:

UIC is still under review for me. I submitted in late dec. Have they sent out all the acceptances? Anyone applying to LLU? I contacted Georgia Southern about my denial but haven't received anything back.😮‍💨

Hi! I just received an acceptance from UIC on Friday mid afternoon. I don’t know if they are all out, but I know they plan to continue meeting up to April to make these admissions decisions (per an email I had with them). Best of luck to you! 

I just received notice of admission email from University of Nebraska DrPH for the epidemiology concentration. Hope the few others I know of on here waiting hear positive news also :)

I am holding miniscule hope for a Bloomberg fellowship - but otherwise will most likely accept the UNMC offer, it is a great alternative for me and much more affordable.

1 hour ago, PublicHealthSLP said:

Hi! I just received an acceptance from UIC on Friday mid afternoon. I don’t know if they are all out, but I know they plan to continue meeting up to April to make these admissions decisions (per an email I had with them). Best of luck to you! 

May I ask when did you apply? Thank you for the additional tidbit . 

On 3/11/2024 at 10:33 AM, texaspublichealthgirl said:

I interviewed back in Jan and was accepted.

Congratulations!!! 

Has anyone heard from Indiana University of Bloomington (PhD in Epidemiology)?

4 hours ago, sandia_sunflower said:

I just received notice of admission email from University of Nebraska DrPH for the epidemiology concentration. Hope the few others I know of on here waiting hear positive news also :)

I am holding miniscule hope for a Bloomberg fellowship - but otherwise will most likely accept the UNMC offer, it is a great alternative for me and much more affordable.

I just received an acceptance for UNMC Emergency Preparedness!

I also applied to the epi concentration, but haven't heard anything yet.

Waitlisted for JHU in Health Security, but UNMC is asking for response before JHU expects to let people know if they're off the wait list so 🤷🏻‍♀️

36 minutes ago, Ologyswan said:

I just received an acceptance for UNMC Emergency Preparedness!

I also applied to the epi concentration, but haven't heard anything yet.

Waitlisted for JHU in Health Security, but UNMC is asking for response before JHU expects to let people know if they're off the wait list so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Congrats, that's great! A relief to have one lined up at least :)

I also noted that Apr 1 deadline - I thought it was 4/15 everywhere. Perhaps if you haven't heard anything from JHU they will tell you your position on the waitlist at least as the 1st approaches, and that might help.

Applied to UIC DrPH Feb 1. App status says under review with the dept. I was surprised to find that many applicants were receiving decisions as early as mid Feb in this forum. Fingers crossed that they just haven't got to me in the pile yet 😬

Edited by WTFO

1 hour ago, WTFO said:

Applied to UIC DrPH Feb 1. App status says under review with the dept. I was surprised to find that many applicants were receiving decisions as early as mid Feb in this forum. Fingers crossed that they just haven't got to me in the pile yet 😬

You and me both mines just went from complete,under review to Additional review required I'm not forsure what this means. My guess is probably under final review with the committee? I've seen mixed responses. So got accepted shortly and some got rejected. 😵‍💫😩

FYI to JHU DrPH waitlist folks: I was originally waitlisted for the Implementation Science track and just received an acceptance this morning. Received an email to check the portal for an update on my application, and saw the updated letter of acceptance. Fingers crossed for everyone as it appears they are starting to extend offers to waitlisted folks as initial declines come in.

53 minutes ago, DrPHhopeful2024 said:

FYI to JHU DrPH waitlist folks: I was originally waitlisted for the Implementation Science track and just received an acceptance this morning. Received an email to check the portal for an update on my application, and saw the updated letter of acceptance. Fingers crossed for everyone as it appears they are starting to extend offers to waitlisted folks as initial declines come in.

Wow Congratulations! 

Has anyone heard from BU’s DrPH program? I saw that the results page has 2 people that were Waitlisted. I’m beginning to think its another “L” (rejection) to add to my collection :(

On 3/9/2024 at 2:21 PM, Squashplayer000 said:

Has anyone here applied to Rutgers? I have not seen anyone talk about Rutgers.

I still have not heard back from Rutgers DrPH! I emailed asking when we'd hear back and they said by March 18th. Has anyone gotten an update on this?

1 hour ago, MiggyMigs said:

Has anyone heard from BU’s DrPH program? I saw that the results page has 2 people that were Waitlisted. I’m beginning to think its another “L” (rejection) to add to my collection :(

I was notified last week as I was waitlisted 🥲

Hello, I'm back to stress about GW now! Thanks for posting the more detailed email from Tulane -- it does help to know that only 35/200+ were selected. Still bummed, but slightly less of an ego bruise.

Hi. Has anyone who applied to JHU PhD International Health GDEC track heard back? I interviewed back in January and still have not heard back. I also emailed the program director and no one is responding.