Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

Well, MIT rejection just sent. Pretty nice form letter, and I thought it was a stretch but they were my top choice. I'm 6/7 for rejects, I think right now, since I haven't heard anything from Virginia, Washington, or Chicago. That means Georgetown is the only one left...

But I just got a fully-funded Fellowship to China, so -shrug- There's always next year if needed!

Edited by Ashlett

Well, MIT rejection just sent. Pretty nice form letter, and I thought it was a stretch but they were my top choice. I'm 6/7 for rejects, I think right now, since I haven't heard anything from Virginia, Washington, or Chicago. That means Georgetown is the only one left...

But I just got a fully-funded Fellowship to China, so -shrug- There's always next year if needed!

Condolences. Hope something else breaks for you.

Hey, a fully-funded fellowship to China sounds pretty good! In any case, best of luck to a fellow IR nerd.

Edited by Zahar Berkut

Anyone heard from Vanderbilt? They sent out that e-mail about notifying applicants "soon", but I haven't received anything. I'm assuming a reject but I'd appreciate knowing for sure.

Anyone heard from Vanderbilt? They sent out that e-mail about notifying applicants "soon", but I haven't received anything. I'm assuming a reject but I'd appreciate knowing for sure.

I have not even seen anyone claim an accept or waitlist from Vanderbilt, much less a reject.

Edited by Abu Bakr

I have not even seen anyone claim an accept or waitlist from Vanderbilt, much less a reject.

There are a couple accepts from the end of January on the results page, but that's it. I don't recall whether anyone claimed them in this thread though.

I haven't received anything from Maryland.

Was there any specific information on admit numbers or anything like that?

Nope. I saw two rejections posted on the results page. Both were informed through email to check the website early this morning. In the last few years Maryland rejections went out around mid-March.