RISD - accepted

Parsons - accepted

CCA - accepted

SMFA - accepted

CalArts - interviewed 3/10 ; waiting...

UCSD - rejected

UCLA - ??

Hunter - ??

I got the ucla rejection letter this am. i have an interview at Hunter on saturday the 19th

for those of you who had/have to bring prints to an interview, how did you/are you bringing them? box? portfolio?

i don't know why i am fixating on these tiny details.

I'm bringing my prints in a box.

has anyone heard from SAIC after the interview? They have told me it would take around 2 weeks for the final decisions to be made, so I guess the letters are coming soon!

No word yet.

Hey readers,

So. Maybe i'm being impatient but it's almost the end of March and I still haven't heard anything from Pratt, CCA and USC. Well, USC is ok I think because from the other forum I should be hearing from them this week or next week. I am living in France so it'll take some time.

But for the others, Is anyone else in the same boat as me?!!! No news? from CCA or Pratt? it worries me a bit. Plus I have an acceptance deadline coming up...

I had my phone interview with CCA in February and was notified of acceptance earlier this month via email. Try emailing someone in the department or something?

Hey readers,

So. Maybe i'm being impatient but it's almost the end of March and I still haven't heard anything from Pratt, CCA and USC. Well, USC is ok I think because from the other forum I should be hearing from them this week or next week. I am living in France so it'll take some time.

But for the others, Is anyone else in the same boat as me?!!! No news? from CCA or Pratt? it worries me a bit. Plus I have an acceptance deadline coming up...

Hey readers,

I have the interview today (12pm) with chair of Fine Arts, Pratt.

Edited by 009

SAME HERE! I applied for painting, so it might be different, but i haven't heard a peep from Pratt or CCA...have been trying to just assume it's bad news, so that it doesnt drive me nuts.

Hey readers,

sorry to hear that wallacetype.

I am still waiting for the mail as I am an international applicant. Did they send the letter with snail mail?

This waiting process is really annoying!

Rejection letter received today.

Yes I did!!!

Now i'm waiting to hear back from the financial aid office.

Without financial aid it's too expensive........ :(

what about you?

Did you get in?

ACT, I got into ICP-Bard with an award and it's still VERY expensive. Today is the final day to send in a decision and I'm leaning towards no :/. My other option is Parsons Fine Arts with a BIG award and the possibility to teach the second year and I think that might be a better choice.

Thanks for the post!

Congratulations! Too bad they're not giving you more financial help.

I'm still waiting for them to tell me if they're giving me any award. My deadline's on the 11th of April.

Parsons sounds great too, specially if you got a big award.

Lmk what you end up doing.

ACT, I got into ICP-Bard with an award and it's still VERY expensive. Today is the final day to send in a decision and I'm leaning towards no :/. My other option is Parsons Fine Arts with a BIG award and the possibility to teach the second year and I think that might be a better choice.

SMFA has a great website! That's a good sign, first of all. I really don't know much about RIT but I'm curious to know what your funding situation about be like there as you will not be enjoying the benefits of being in a large city center like you would at ICP, MassArt or SMFA. I currently live in the Midwest and had no desire to stay here, so for me, I was deciding between west or east coast and decided to apply only to New York in the hopes of setting up a new live/work station and sort of revamping my practice as a whole. If this isn't important to you, think about one teacher you would definitely love to work with at each location and judge by that. Also, class size is important. I know that ICP only has 10 incoming students and their overall aesthetic is pretty specific, which is part of the reason why I was a little nervous about going there myself.

Best of luck, either way!

Edited by isviz

purplepam:

That rejection letter was for SAIC via snail mail.

I had my phone interview with CCA in February and was notified of acceptance earlier this month via email.

sorry to hear that wallacetype.

I am still waiting for the mail as I am an international applicant. Did they send the letter with snail mail?

This waiting process is really annoying!

ACT:

I'm assuming you're doing photography for RIT? I went there for undergrad which was great technically, but I couldn't really recommend it for a grad program to anyone from what I could tell. It's very insular and doesn't have a very good range of courses to take, especially if you are looking for technical courses. They have amazing amounts of equipment available to use, but I feel that at a MFA level that shouldn't be the deciding factor. What drew you in to apply in the first place?

I'm trying to decide between RIT, MassArt, ICP and SMFA (interdisciplinary).

Any advice?

Yeah, im applying to the Photo program. Its funny, I thought I hadn't applied at the end... so I wasn't expecting to hear back from them. It was such a surprise to get accepted!

Now Im trying to decide... I belief it's a good school but I really want to be at a large city...

ACT:

I'm assuming you're doing photography for RIT? I went there for undergrad which was great technically, but I couldn't really recommend it for a grad program to anyone from what I could tell. It's very insular and doesn't have a very good range of courses to take, especially if you are looking for technical courses. They have amazing amounts of equipment available to use, but I feel that at a MFA level that shouldn't be the deciding factor. What drew you in to apply in the first place?

Thanks for the advice!

Best of luck to you too! Are u gonna end up going to Parsons instead of ICP? What do u mean when you say their overall aesthetic is pretty specific?

SMFA has a great website! That's a good sign, first of all. I really don't know much about RIT but I'm curious to know what your funding situation about be like there as you will not be enjoying the benefits of being in a large city center like you would at ICP, MassArt or SMFA. I currently live in the Midwest and had no desire to stay here, so for me, I was deciding between west or east coast and decided to apply only to New York in the hopes of setting up a new live/work station and sort of revamping my practice as a whole. If this isn't important to you, think about one teacher you would definitely love to work with at each location and judge by that. Also, class size is important. I know that ICP only has 10 incoming students and their overall aesthetic is pretty specific, which is part of the reason why I was a little nervous about going there myself.

Best of luck, either way!

A lot of the past year's student's work seems very rooted in documentary based photography. This year, if you look at their blog, it only seems like maybe half of the students are invested in that style and I've heard from others that ICP itself is sort of geared towards that genre as a museum. I don't think there would be pressure to "fit" into that type of work but it seems to be the dominant style of work students have produced.

Thanks for the advice!

Best of luck to you too! Are u gonna end up going to Parsons instead of ICP? What do u mean when you say their overall aesthetic is pretty specific?

i am looking for any advice to help me decide between the university of illinois in urbana and parsons. uiuc is fully funded, but i did receive and award for half of parsons tuition to be waived. i was at saic for undergrad, and i am not sure if it would be good for me to spend time at a university rather then another full art school. any opinions?