NSF GRFP 2010-2011

BlueRose

Site is running like molasses in January. I don't see anything when I log in so I guess I've got an educated guess. I can wait until the official list is put up to emote one way or the other. Good luck to everyone.

duh, forgot password, reset, checking now....

Hah! I had to go through that too. Wait for forget password page.... Wait for e-mail.... Log in with temp password.... Change password... Log in with new password... I feel for you!

"GRFP/FastLane will be unavailable from 11:00PM ET Monday, April 4th - 5:00AM ET Tuesday, April 5th for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I guess I get to go to bed with this anxious feeling in my stomach. I'm not super hopeful considering my 1 for 4 acceptance record for grad school admissions, but somewhere, deep inside, that masochistic part of me keeps thinking that just maybe I might get this.

Update: Just searched my name, and it says I got an Honorable Mention. Like others have said, nothing pops up on my account other than "Welcome Applicant."

'Gratz to everyone who got something, especially you Awardees.

I only got honorable mention. Is that still considered noteworthy on a resume or lame?

I'm curious about it too, got the HM as well

EDIT: I wonder how many HM they offer and what criteria gets you the HM? Does it mean you were 98.9% there? I wish I was just flat our rejected, now I have some hope left in me after this agonizing journey and may try again next year...

Edited by illini2015

From my understanding, the HM is still noteworthy on a resume.

Also from my understanding, HM allows you the access to supercomputers that the fellowship allows you- more helpful for some fields than others.

annnnd it's down again. *facepalm* screw it, definitely going to bed. i'll just wait for the email to eventually come through and tell me that my application got worse than it was last year

Annnnd the server's down.

Anyone who was able to download the excel file...would you care to risk posting it here? My Internet is *way* too slow/server down and although I'm pretty sure I got it from the login thing, I'd like to be able to see my name on the list with my own eyes....

I'm getting Bad Gateway too.. I've been able to log in to my GRFP profile (it doesn't say Fellow or anything), but I cannot for the life of me get ANY search results to turn up. Not even from previous years. Also, no email. So... I think I'm going to bed now :) Good luck everyone!

I'm curious about it too, got the HM as well

EDIT: I wonder how many HM they offer and what criteria gets you the HM? Does it mean you were 98.9% there? I wish I was just flat our rejected, now I have some hope left in me after this agonizing journey and may try again next year...

It could also mean you were 100% but in a saturated geographic location....

It could also mean you were 100% but in a saturated geographic location....

Back when it was awarded to 10% (about 1000 fellowships), I think scoring in the top 7% guaranteed you the fellowship regardless of any diversity criteria (this is called Quality Group I). And then the next bunch (Quality Group II) consists of 2/3rd HM and 1/3 awardee. Some of these QG2 guys are subjected to this sort of thing to pick out the 1/3 that gets it. Overall, it only affects a small number of borderline people.

As to whether HMs are worth anything on a CV, I think it is while you're still in grad school. But remove it after you're done. I've never seen older CVs with it.