2024 Canada Prep & Admissions SLP Thread

my ORPAS wasn't showing anything so I logged into my portal and it said not offered admission... worth checking if its empty for you too :)

Sucks but all good because got into my top choice earlier

@PeachesSpeech Under choices/offers, nothing there yet for me though. I was waitlisted at western last year and it never updated in ORPAS, not sure why it does for some and not others.

Edited by speechbean

10 minutes ago, speachy said:

my ORPAS wasn't showing anything so I logged into my portal and it said not offered admission... worth checking if its empty for you too :)

Sucks but all good because got into my top choice earlier

Congratulations on your top choice!! Where was it if you don’t mind me asking? 

does anyone know if you can do prerequisite courses over the summer?? I still need to take phonetics for uoft as they said i could take it over the summer but now i am worried because on my audiology western letter, it says transcript with in-progress grades need to be sent by june 30th?? Sorry this is off topic

I got accepted into UofT. I only applied there for SLP. They didn't send any emails yet but it was a Firm Acceptance on ORPAS right at 12:01am, under offers & choices. No updates other than INVITE in ACORN too. ORPAS sent me an email after I confirmed my acceptance & it says "

Response Information - University of Toronto - Speech-Language Pathology Action
Firm Accepted
Edited by Wau-Wau

my roomate got in uoft and mac! it seems mac emailed sometime in Feb to set up a grad portal account so look for that but she got an email at 12:25 saying a decision was made and to log in to the portal. We think mac is having some issues w ORPAS (we're here for undergrad tho so maybe thats why??)... but yea check for an email from SGS Admissions McMaster about a grad account

3 minutes ago, Wau-Wau said:

I got accepted into UofT. I only applied there for SLP. They didn't send any emails yet but it was a Firm Acceptance on ORPAS, under offers & choices. No updates other than INVITE in ACORN too. ORPAS sent me an email after I confirmed my acceptance & it says "

Response Information - University of Toronto - Speech-Language Pathology Action
Firm Accepted

Congrats! Did you get the acceptance right away at 12 AM or did you have to refresh it a couple of times?

I was accepted to Western!! I'm assuming no one else has received an email from them yet? Planning on firmly accepting. I also want to mention that my sGPA was not extremely competitive (3.71) so please do not lose hope if you are waitlisted or reapplying next year ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, slpgal890 said:

Congrats! Did you get the acceptance right away at 12 AM or did you have to refresh it a couple of times?

I  logged in right at 12:01 am, and it was there. But now my ORPAS says "processing application," so I can't log back in to see it.

Does anyone else still have no updates on their ORPAS Choices/Offers? Nothing has changed on mine at all. Does this mean no offers of admission?

3 minutes ago, slpgal890 said:

Does anyone else still have no updates on their ORPAS Choices/Offers? Nothing has changed on mine at all. Does this mean no offers of admission?

I have this too. Wondering the same thing. 

7 minutes ago, slp2024hopeful said:

When you say you got in "earlier", do you mean today or the 28th?

28th. I also got a rejection email from Western about 10 mins ago. 466 applicants is crazy!! congrats everyone 

Got waitlisted for Western! I was expecting a rejection because my GPA wasn't good at all and I wrote my personal statement literally one day before LOL. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

3 minutes ago, slptobeeeeeeeee said:

Got waitlisted for Western! I was expecting a rejection because my GPA wasn't good at all and I wrote my personal statement literally one day before LOL. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Can I ask what your GPA was? Did u have other aspects of your application like volunteer and research?

7 minutes ago, slpgal890 said:

I got an offer from Mac but it isn’t on ORPAS so it’s possible it just hasn’t updated. The email said to log into the Mac portal.

Does anyone know if people still get offers of admission later on.. specifically UofT after people have gotten their acceptances right at 12.. 

5 minutes ago, SLPChott said:

Can I ask what your GPA was? Did u have other aspects of your application like volunteer and research?

Of course!! According to ORPAS my GPA is 3.68, which is ok but definitely not competitive. I worked as a BI for 2 years, volunteered in a pediatric clinic for 2 years, volunteered at a senior residence for few months, worked as an RA under a language acquisition lab for 1.5 years, and worked as a private tutor for 4 years!