Anthropology 2011

a fragrant plant

Any word on Princeton or Penn? I know they came out the first week in March last year, but I'm nervous and needing to make a lot of major life decisions right about now - job, grad school, wedding, transatlantic move - I need to know!!

Just send the rejections already so I can move on with my life.

I got a reply from a professor at Princeton who said we'd be hearing from them in a few weeks, but all of their decisions have been made.

Hi mate,

Congrats! could you please tell us who did you identify as the major committee you'd like to work with? How did you get your offer?

cheers,

That was me. Like a dream. I get the impression that other acceptances won't be rolling out for a minute, though, so hang tight.

Hi Irishscientist,

It appears as if Harvard has waken up the decisions hibernation. Did you get any news regarding the medanthro program?

Cheers,

Not yet. But I am thinking of ringing the dept.!!!!

I have arranged a meeting for next week with some of the med anthro faculty (when i do my hasts interview in boston) but they gave me no indication as to my application status.......

good luck with your interviews! I've been told to hear from NYU by the end of this week or so, OMG, I'm passing out, I just want one acceptance,

Not yet. But I am thinking of ringing the dept.!!!!

I have arranged a meeting for next week with some of the med anthro faculty (when i do my hasts interview in boston) but they gave me no indication as to my application status.......

I got a reply from a professor at Princeton who said we'd be hearing from them in a few weeks, but all of their decisions have been made.

How cruel! They've already decided and are just holding the info until they feel like it? Anybody happen to know if they've already notified their acceptances, or anything? I'm tempted to call...

Bah!! NYU, just let us know already! I've begun having DREAMS (nightmares?) about whether or not I'll get in. As if my incessant need to check my e-mails every 2 minutes isn't enough! I think it's almost worst knowing that they'll be notifying applicants at the end of this week, because as it gets closer to Friday, I can feel my heart palpitating unnaturally. And then I think, "Does the end of the week really mean Friday, or does it mean Sunday? Would they notify applicants on the weekend?! How will they notify us? Snail mail? E-mail? PHONE?!"

You can see what I'm getting at here, haha. Good luck everyone! I hope we all get into at least one school of our choosing. :)

good luck with your interviews! I've been told to hear from NYU by the end of this week or so, OMG, I'm passing out, I just want one acceptance,

That is pretty cruel. You're obviously a top candidate persiandoc, somehow the post-interview wait is more tantalizing tough. Who's up for writing ethnographies on the arcane process of Grad School application. You apply and have no clue, they interview you, you have no clue. Maybe they're just trying to up our tolerance for ambiguity.

Good things hopefully come to those who anxiously wait and check this forum every 5min.

How cruel! They've already decided and are just holding the info until they feel like it? Anybody happen to know if they've already notified their acceptances, or anything? I'm tempted to call...

I got my decision unofficially because I had had contact with this professor previously. They haven't notified anyone one way or the other officially, and I'm not sure how much I can say about the matter. But yeah, it is pretty cruel that these decisions are done and are awaiting their final destinations. I'm thinking it will be the first week of March.

When I checked the previous Princeton posts on the results section, I was suprised to see that there were only a couple of acceptances in the last years...Interesting, perhaps people just didnt post or Princeton has an awfully low acceptance rate... Anyway, I'm just mumbling... I agree that it is cruel to make us wait longer and longer while we know that decisions are ready to go! If any of you call and learn something please post here, it will be appreciated :)

I got my decision unofficially because I had had contact with this professor previously. They haven't notified anyone one way or the other officially, and I'm not sure how much I can say about the matter. But yeah, it is pretty cruel that these decisions are done and are awaiting their final destinations. I'm thinking it will be the first week of March.

That's what it was last year when I applied. I have a bunch of people with related research there, but haven't really been in contact with anyone in particular so I'm thinking it might be awkward to call. What's the worst they can do, though, reject me? (Actually the worse they could do would be to tell me nothing...)

So if we were admitted to Princeton, should we have received some type of contact from the department?

Has anyone heard from Northwestern? I saw that some people were contacted for interviews in January. Does no interview mean rejection?

Also, does anyone know if Johns Hopkins does interviews?

Bah!! NYU, just let us know already! I've begun having DREAMS (nightmares?) about whether or not I'll get in. As if my incessant need to check my e-mails every 2 minutes isn't enough! I think it's almost worst knowing that they'll be notifying applicants at the end of this week, because as it gets closer to Friday, I can feel my heart palpitating unnaturally. And then I think, "Does the end of the week really mean Friday, or does it mean Sunday?

exact same feeling.

Bah!! NYU, just let us know already! I've begun having DREAMS (nightmares?) about whether or not I'll get in. As if my incessant need to check my e-mails every 2 minutes isn't enough! I think it's almost worst knowing that they'll be notifying applicants at the end of this week, because as it gets closer to Friday, I can feel my heart palpitating unnaturally. And then I think, "Does the end of the week really mean Friday, or does it mean Sunday? Would they notify applicants on the weekend?! How will they notify us? Snail mail? E-mail? PHONE?!"

You can see what I'm getting at here, haha. Good luck everyone! I hope we all get into at least one school of our choosing. :)

I applied to NYU too and, until now, I was living in a blissful ignorance. But now that I know decisions are on their way I can feel years being shaved off my life..

OMG!

I really can't take all this stress anymore. I also have to keep stressing out regarding Princeton. I'm sure I'd be rejected since no scholars have replied to my enquiries well unlike BROWN which eventually came as a brutal rejection. Why is it that JHU is so slow? Other schools of JHU have already made scores of notifications!

Hey Irishscientist, darling, I'm also quite tense with Harvard's medanthro program. Berkeley's deadline was Dec, 1 and I just don't understand why on earth they don't release the final list. The process of decision making seems to be more difficult than presidential election in a vast nation like the US. I wish our patience would pay off!

I hate myself doing nothing these days but checking emails every second! I'll be put in Vita by my family soon and you'd be doing your fieldwork on me!

Just got a reply from Princeton... she said admitted students will get an email on Thursday or Friday. If you don't hear by the weekend, it's probably bad news.

Cheers!

OMG!

I really can't take all this stress anymore. I also have to keep stressing out regarding Princeton. I'm sure I'd be rejected since no scholars have replied to my enquiries well unlike BROWN which eventually came as a brutal rejection. Why is it that JHU is so slow? Other schools of JHU have already made scores of notifications!

Hey Irishscientist, darling, I'm also quite tense with Harvard's medanthro program. Berkeley's deadline was Dec, 1 and I just don't understand why on earth they don't release the final list. The process of decision making seems to be more difficult than presidential election in a vast nation like the US. I wish our patience would pay off!

I hate myself doing nothing these days but checking emails every second! I'll be put in Vita by my family soon and you'd be doing your fieldwork on me!

I just heard back from Harvard grad coordinator that I'll hear back by the 'end of the month,' Nothing definite, so looks like they maybe haven't made any decisions yet.

Yeah man! this is exactly what I've heard in response to my enquiry last week, which I also posted! So how is it that one fellow's rejected and one accepted? Do you think no news is good news or the contrary? Pray for me to get good news from Princeton!

I just heard back from Harvard grad coordinator that I'll hear back by the 'end of the month,' Nothing definite, so looks like they maybe haven't made any decisions yet.