Anthropology 2011

a fragrant plant

Hey, when did you hear from GWU? I currently go here now, applied for an MA, but I know from my adviser that they have not reviewed applications yet. I suppose maybe the Evo Anth department is different. I think they are separate from the rest of the Anth department.

I found out yesterday. But I applied to the Hominid Paleobiology program not the Anthropology program. They are different departments. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm also still waiting to hear from the Evo Anth department at Duke. Not a word from them thus far, and I have yet to see any notifications of interviews on the results page from this season. Looks like we're all being kept in the dark.

And yeah, I got a kick out of all of duplicate status updates via email. What do you want to bet that there was some strange problem with their email system and all of our results are just floating around in email limbo? tongue.gif

hahahah you're probably right. :) But at least none of us have heard. There's hope that they only interviewed the cultural ppl.

So true! The passive rejection stings so much less than the unequivocal "no" I realize is coming from UCB. To the poster who e-mailed Ned: has he indicated how official rejections will be coming (postal service, website, etc) and when? I might break down and finally e-mail him.

I, too, have heard nothing from Berkeley. I understand that means rejection at this point, but I can't bring myself to actually ask point blank. I'm hoping if I wait and let the rejection come later maybe I'll have more offers from other programs by then, and so it will sting less. Not that I've ever expected to get it into Berkeley--but of course that doesn't diminish how much I WANT to! Good luck with your other programs!

No, he didn't say. I suggest just e-mailing him.

So true! The passive rejection stings so much less than the unequivocal "no" I realize is coming from UCB. To the poster who e-mailed Ned: has he indicated how official rejections will be coming (postal service, website, etc) and when? I might break down and finally e-mail him.

I just got the official Berkeley rejection. Came via e-mail with a link to the decision. Sucks, but I knew this yesterday.

Hey tanyashipigel, I wonder where does the link lead to. Is it the application system?I remember someone posted berkeley rejection results via website as well, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I emailed Ned today but he didn't reply me......

yea, its just the application system. check that. then there's a new link that says decision notification.

Hey tanyashipigel, I wonder where does the link lead to. Is it the application system?I remember someone posted berkeley rejection results via website as well, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I emailed Ned today but he didn't reply me......

yea, its just the application system. check that. then there's a new link that says decision notification.

I saw another person posted result by website while I still couldn't find the "decision notificaiton" link.......Is it under the "MAIN MENU" and perhaps just below" PAY APPLICATION FEE"? Many thanks!

Rutgers did interviews for their spots a couple weeks ago, they are slowly handing out offers....

Has anyone heard anything from the Anthropology Departments at Rutgers or University of Arizona? I've already accepted a UNC-Chapel Hill offer, but I'm still a bit curious.

I received my official rejection from UNC-CH cultural anthro last week (one letter from the department and one from the graduate school). So maybe it's good you haven't heard anything!! Waitlist might be a possibility. You might consider giving them a ring.

Hey UNCanthro,

I saw that some people have posted acceptances and rejections from UNC-Chapel Hill. I haven't heard anything - should I just assume rejection? Have they notified all acceptances or maybe they are deciding if I should be waitlisted?

On 2/28/2011 at 8:39 AM, UNCAnthro said:

Has anyone heard anything from the Anthropology Departments at Rutgers or University of Arizona? I've already accepted a UNC-Chapel Hill offer, but I'm still a bit curious.

I have not heard from Arizona yet. The only two I've heard from are U of Georgia and U of New Mexico.

Hey, just to bring up a topic other than whether or not we got into schools, is there anyone else here who is going into environmental/ecological anthropology (sociocultural)? I was wondering how people view different programs, such as U of Arizona, U of Georgia, U of New Mexico, Stanford, WashU, etc., for that area of study. I've been very interested in BARA at UA for the U.S. Southwest.

I agree, I'd contact your person of interest to find out. Best of luck!

I received my official rejection from UNC-CH cultural anthro last week (one letter from the department and one from the graduate school). So maybe it's good you haven't heard anything!! Waitlist might be a possibility. You might consider giving them a ring.

Does anyone know anything about Northwestern? For some reason, Northwestern is not mentioned much on grad cafe. I know they have contacted a few applicants for interviews. I was never contacted - does that mean I was rejected? Do they accept applicants without interviews?

From https://www.stanford.edu/dept/anthropology/cgi-bin/web/?q=node/11

Graduate Admissions season for applications received in 2010 - 2011 academic year is now closed. Decision status will be announced via email to each applicant before 28 February 2011. Applicants offered admission must accept the offer by 15 April 2011. Offers not accepted by 15 April 2011 are voided.

So, anyone hear anything yet?

Hi anthros,

I just received my rejections from UPenn and MIT/HASTS. I was quite sure of these two rejections. I just applied to UPenn in order to hook myself up close to NYC! I assume the clever decision makers got it hahahahaha

Wish you all the best,

I haven't heard anything yet. Do you think they'll stick to their date? I guess it's only 1:15 pm in California...

From https://www.stanford.../web/?q=node/11

Graduate Admissions season for applications received in 2010 - 2011 academic year is now closed. Decision status will be announced via email to each applicant before 28 February 2011. Applicants offered admission must accept the offer by 15 April 2011. Offers not accepted by 15 April 2011 are voided.

So, anyone hear anything yet?