Anthropology 2011

a fragrant plant

Thank you Zoe! I'll be rooting for you,

Do you have any offers already?

Thank you Persiandoc. You are such a moral booster! Congrats on NYU acceptance by the way. It is perfect, not only the school but the city as well.

Don't worry Zoe13 at all. I don't mean to be arrogant but I personally believe I'm going to be admitted. That's much too idiotic to consider myself as a reference but my gut feeling says you shouldn't begin to fret at this stage. Actually I planned on withdrawing my application before the decisions are made. I don't promise but I may spy some recondite info for you. Stay tuned, is my biggest advice to you. You'd hate me if you go back and review my posts before I got accepted to NYU. Fingers crossed on your JHU acceptance

Oh my God, persiandoc you're so mysterious ! It's either like you have an incredible sixth sense or really good insider's info :) I also applied to JHU but I have been planning to withdraw my application, since I have an offer from somewhere I really wanted. I haven't withdrawn it, thinking that they're done with decisions... But if they are not, I might withdraw it tomorrow...

Congrats on your NYU acceptance!

It's so strange. I didn't get any funding or a TAship at GWU. It's my current undergrad institution. Logically spekaing, if I have taken the classes, got an A, know the professors, wouldn't it make sense for me to be a TA? Oh well. The choice is easy now. Chicago gave me a half tuition scholarship for MAPSS. Guess I know where I'm heading.

Oh my God, persiandoc you're so mysterious ! It's either like you have an incredible sixth sense or really good insider's info :) I also applied to JHU but I have been planning to withdraw my application, since I have an offer from somewhere I really wanted. I haven't withdrawn it, thinking that they're done with decisions... But if they are not, I might withdraw it tomorrow...

Bonjour mon ami(e) Parisien(ne),

It's so funny that we almost applied to the same roster of schools. Tell me where you got accepted to. You know, neither of your conjectures is right! I have neither sixth sense or really good insider's info. I was just in very good contact with a couple of scholars like many other applicants. I'm still not sure if decisions are made or what! I already wrote to my POI and withdrew my application for only one reason. I thought that would be ethically so wrong and inhumane for those who might be waitlisted if I'm admitted. Honestly, I thought I could get in JHU but I may be wrong. I was so out-stressed during the waitlist era and when I saw our Zoe (our friend)'s post, I decided to withdraw my application quickly. You have no idea Zoe how much I'd be happy if you get in JHU since you already have no other offers. I also didn't like to turn down an offer after it's given to me since I kinda felt committed to my POI at JHU. I'm apparently one very rare applicant who gets content if admitted to only one of their top choices. I was so happy when I was rejected by Yale since I'd already decided to accept NYU's offer and the fact that Yale had always been my first choice was pressurizing me to death, how on earth I could turn down on my POI. We're almost at the end of this nervy application season and I wish good luck for all those who still wait!

Love to all,

I think GWU looked at all applications when deciding on TA-ships, regardless if the applicant did their undergrad at GWU or elsewhere. I was awarded funding and a TAship and currently go to school clear across the country. Congratulations on your award for MAPSS!

It's so strange. I didn't get any funding or a TAship at GWU. It's my current undergrad institution. Logically spekaing, if I have taken the classes, got an A, know the professors, wouldn't it make sense for me to be a TA? Oh well. The choice is easy now. Chicago gave me a half tuition scholarship for MAPSS. Guess I know where I'm heading.

ugh i wish my last school would hurry up and make a decision as I will begin moving in less than 3 months. but the grad director is one of my two POIs at the school and I don't want to bother him. silly, but I don't want to affect my chances of admissions there as it is my top choice.

Hi Everyone -- I was wondering if anyone has accepted Harvard's offer? A HUGE congrats for those of you who got in and accepted; I was just wondering because I'm waitlisted (and didn't get in anywhere else). They said odds were very slim that I would actually be accepted. This is worse than waiting for a rejection at least there is no glimmer of hope from a rejection! Just wondering if someone out there turned their offer down.

Ugh, I sound just as crazy as I feel.

Best of luck to everyone else, and if you didn't get in anywhere, no worries there is always next year! (which is my POA!)

Hi folks.

Wondering if anyone knows more about the nyu notification/decision process for cultural anthropology applicants? I read previous posts and resigned myself to the idea of a rejection. However, now that I've seen a slew of rejections on the results page and I haven't received anything, I'm allowing a little optimism to seap through.

ANY information that you might share, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(And hang in there, everyone!)

Hi folks.

Wondering if anyone knows more about the nyu notification/decision process for cultural anthropology applicants? I read previous posts and resigned myself to the idea of a rejection. However, now that I've seen a slew of rejections on the results page and I haven't received anything, I'm allowing a little optimism to seap through.

Thanks!

Me and one of my friends are in the same situation; we haven't received anything yet. I am also suprised, because I was sure that they rejected me. However, I think that perhaps because of the large number of applicants, they couldn't finish sending notifications in one day, so we might continue hearing results today. If it doesn't arrive today, this might mean that there is a kind of an unofficial waitlist...

Hi sweetheart,

Plz excuse my biting straightforwardness. I hate to put it this way but I think you should accept your other offers. As far as I've been informed all the admits and waitlists were notified unofficially a couple of weeks ago and officially last week.

I've not heard a word from Michigan but that's certainly a rejection,

Wish you good luck,

Hi folks.

Thanks!

Hi sweetheart,

Plz excuse my biting straightforwardness. I hate to put it this way but I think you should accept your other offers. As far as I've been informed all the admits and waitlists were notified unofficially a couple of weeks ago and officially last week.

I've not heard a word from Michigan but that's certainly a rejection,

Wish you good luck,

Just got my rejection today, so they might just be sending out the rejection notices last for some reason.

Someone wrote that they were rejected from "Virginia U" Anthropology on the Results page-

Could you tell me, did you mean University of Virginia?

not sure for them; but i just received my acceptance to UVA two days ago... not sure between that and the MAPSS w scholarship in Chicago, though.

hey,

just recieved an e-mail from uc davis saying that i can check the decision of my application on march 14. there have already been both acceptances and rejections on the results page, so i don´t know what to think of this. any thoughts?

I know how you feel. I think I may be the only person around this forum that applied to Texas A&M. From what I can tell it looks like the whole of Texas programs are going to send notifications in early to mid March. A&M told me final decisions will be made by the 1st with notifications going out shortly after. Just continuing to play the excruciating waiting game. Hope this helps and good luck!

Hey, I just got an email response from Texas a&m anthropology department that they voted TODAY (Wed. March 9th) and that we should all receive letters in the next couple of days. This email was from Valadez, the academic admin for the anthro. department so I this is fact not guessing.

Hey, I just got an email response from Texas a&m anthropology department that they voted TODAY (Wed. March 9th) and that we should all receive letters in the next couple of days. This email was from Valadez, the academic admin for the anthro. department so I this is fact not guessing.

Ah fantastic news! I've been going crazy waiting for it. I had been contemplating emailing them, but was trying to be patient. Thanks for the info and best of luck hope you get accepted. What's your area of concentration?

Ah fantastic news! I've been going crazy waiting for it. I had been contemplating emailing them, but was trying to be patient. Thanks for the info and best of luck hope you get accepted. What's your area of concentration?

Nautical Archaeology, you?

hey,

just recieved an e-mail from uc davis saying that i can check the decision of my application on march 14. there have already been both acceptances and rejections on the results page, so i don´t know what to think of this. any thoughts?

I received the same email this morning. To be honest, I don't have a good feeling about it.

I have too; however, I was told I'd been admitted, informally, on 3rd Feb. I'm about to call to ask them if this decision will include funding (still "in a holding pattern" last week); I will try to get a word on whether there are any more admits. That said, I was told they make the decisions early in order to get fellowship apps processed; deadline for these is ±5 Feb, so sadly I doubt there will be.

hey,